News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Thanks. It's been a very busy day

Busman Jamie

nice friendly driver on 74 this afternoon..... i owe him a fag!! lol

Bob

Seen the social 74 coming into stafford just after 10 today with a few passenger on it followed a couple of mins later by a almost empty Arriva decker. Going out of Stafford there was an Arriva decker parked at the stop by radford bank.I looked back and im sure it said not in sservice

Steveminor

It probably did say not in service bob as they kept alternating between a decker & a daf commander yesterday for some reason.

Bob

Ah maybe the decker kept having problems

Busman Jamie

its arriva bob them deckers are always knackered

Steveminor

Due to a breakdown v 564 is making a very rare appearance on the 74 if anyone's interested.  Not planned to do it again.

Bob

How's ridership been? How are your fares compared to arriva

Steveminor

Some journeys have had standing loads & our cannock stafford weekly is cheaper than arriva local weekly.
Obviously with arriva changing times we have to see what difference that makes. But arriva have timed all routes behind us we are now first bus through Huntington first bus through rad Ford bank first bus through university & first bus through hospital.  What arriva are playing ain't god knows.
It's chaos today though as noone knows what times the buses are & we had about 20 angry passengers in Stafford wanting to know where the 75 was. They weren't happy when I told them arriva had changed times & it wasn't due for 20 mins.

Busman Jamie

just seen arriva in wimblebury 6 mins early followed by select

Steveminor

That's why select are going head to head with arriva. Enough is enough arriva must learn to follow timetables

Busman Jamie

best of luck to arriva if they think they can run wimblebury commercialy

i love the fact small operators are hitting them where it hurts

Busman Jamie

@Steveminor could you tell me how much adult fare is Cannock-Stafford and do you do returns

Steveminor

The fare is £3.00 single £4.20 return or £16.00 weekly children are half fare staffordshire your cards £1.20

the trainbasher

Will Plusbus be accepted in Stafford Town Centre?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk