News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

With regard to the V-DBC volvos at cannock why are the fans permanently on? You cant actually hear the engine most of the time just the fans going off. Nx's zf ones dont sound like that although theyre b10L surely mechanically their not all that much different?

covlad27

Its not a fannits a noisy turbo

Bob

What on nearly all of them? Theyre also quite slow nx ones seem a lot nippier

Bob

Is it true cannock are going to be running some trips on the amazon services and receiving a couple of deckers to do so? Hope so cos it means theyll be on other routes in the daytime :)

Ashley

First's B10BLE's can be similarly as slow but some can move

Bob

Oh its just an inspector got on the 70 yesterday and said something about two deckers coming..and a mate had said something about cannock & amazon so I linked the two. When are all three of the w-ewu going to be running from cannock?  W109 ewu not been out for a couple of days

Bob

@AMD I know you've been asked this before but are they ever going to refurb/respray the route 1 buses? 11 1/2 year old branded buses that sound pretty clapped out is bad enough but when they have threadbare interiors and one has at least three types of seat moquette it doesnt really give much of a good impression. ..the same principle regarding state of interiors applies to all the 51 plate darts some of the b10ble buo3 hrk and others..

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on December 21, 2013, 08:28:54 PM
What on nearly all of them? Theyre also quite slow nx ones seem a lot nippier

Not all of them, 3609 is a fast beast, I hope it ends up one of the last in service

Bob

Either 3610 or 3612 is my favourite lol.  They should last a bit yet tbf. Theyve started to withdraw the v-kda mps but tbh the ones that had been at stafford for ages except v207 had never had a re trim I dont think and were disgusting inside.  I hope cannocks mpds are next on the hitlist. Startin with bu51 kwj lol

tphi12000

Quote from: bob on December 03, 2013, 10:49:21 AM
Maybe its the Alexander darts that are going to be displaced by the new pulsars at Burton then. I hope it is abd cannock doesnt end up with S614 KHN T51 JJF or any of their other pointers. Cannock & Stafford seem to be a dumping ground for them. Still no sign of the volvos?
s624/2359 is still working at Burton seen today on the 8 I think...
Did we have an Arriva stafford thread on here seems to have disappeared. ..
Tony

covlad27

Ive heard that Cannock have been allocated 3705 3706 3707 from thurmaston.  3705 has already arrived and is in cannocks yard

Ck

I see the change in January to the 74/75 Is no longer serving Cannock hospital any thoughts

Bob

Its sensible because buses really struggle to get up past the hospital,  because people park like morons all along brunswick road. The driver of a 33 I was on said they wasnt going to go past it either but theres no changes listed on vosa. As usual arriva are rubbish at informing passengers. Its on staffs cc web page but nothing about 74/5 or 68 listed on arriva! They should debrand the buses, but they wont. Mid staffs nhs trust gets dissolved in a few months but I bet arriva are still advertising 'in partnership with mid staffs nhs trust' in 2015 lol.

Trident 4609

3619 is on the 76 today. Saw in Wolverhampton about 11:35

Bob

These w reg volvos are perfect for longer distance trips like the 70/76 with their coach seats. Would be pleasant to travel on

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk