News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 28, 2013, 10:00:40 PM
as for the evening service depending who's driving, a lot of drivers prefer to take a smaller bus on the 60/825 for 2 reasons 1. Its not gonna be rammed at night and 2. A lot of drivers don't like taking the bigger buses out of a night

This is very true. When we used to do the late 825 workings at Tamworth, drivers could choose what bus to take and very few drivers opted for a Tiger unless it was a Friday or Saturday night when you had to have one due to loadings on the way into Stafford. At other times we would always pick a Merc 811 which was also the standard allocation for Stafford depot on the other working, either that or an East Lancs Dart, which we didn't have any of. The reason being that the turn into and out of Colwich / Haywood from the A513 is a nightmare in the dark, you literally have to guess where the wall on the bridge is when you're turning as you can't see it.

Trident 4609

Saw a Route 2 branded DAF on the 76 on Stafford Rd/Fiveways about 15:40

Bob

Theres often a rpute 1 walsall branded sb200 on the 74 to stafford on a sunday as there was today. What excuse is there for that when there's FOUR stafford branded buses, the route is supposed to be 'working in partnership with the county council & hospital'? And moreover the route 1 buses are scabby tatty and horrible!

arrivaaston

On sundays drivers get to choose what bus to have providing its safe and low floor

Bob

On the fb page 'unfortunately due to mechanical issues we are unable to operate the 1457 32 from brownhills and the 1506 26 from cannock to pye green'. The 32 fair enough bit HELLO the garage is 5 mins from cannock lol. Maybe theysshould advertise in advance,,,'were using one of our clapped out buses on pye greens today expect possible breakdown'. Apparently the 1029/1059 32 didnt turn up at new hall farm either. .

Ashley

Stafford 2627 was or still is on 68s today

arrivaaston

Been told 3617/8 W07/8EWU are no longer at cannock

Bob

Cannocks fleet isnt very stable at the moment is it? Constantly having to borrow buses whats all that about

Bob

FK52 MML, FT06 ZTE & W109 EWU all broke down in service today,  the first two had to be towed away....

arrivadays

Promising start for 3619(!) - I knew they wouldn't cope at Cannock!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Yep. But seriously. ..the brakes Apparently went on t51 jjf whilst in service hence it breaking down on a zebra crossing!  The driver managed to move it backwards to nearer to the bus stop. I dread to think how many journeys are lost to breakdowns passengers must get annoyed.  Its not the first time ft06 zte has had to be towed off either it was towed from cannock bus station not long back. Arriva should be ashamed realky I wish theyd sell up and get lost out of cannock

arrivadays

Well, losing the brakes on 2251 could've happened somewhere worse, I suppose.

I would hate to live in Cannock, because of the bus service. In Telford, however, look how nice our fleet is. We have our share of breakdowns at times, but in general, we have a large variety (some bits of the range are good, but there's the odd ones that I don't like).
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

3619 back out today seen on 70 this morning

arrivaaston

3707 now in use at cannock today on 1's

Ck

There are service changes in Cannock and there are no new timetables on there website at all how bad is that

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk