News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

3740 was also on the 70 today

3704 (1 branded) was on there on christmas eve

Bob

There was a 1 branded bus on pye greens today

Bob

2629 & y262 ybc running from cannock today... why does cannock seem to be the dumping ground for all of the tat?

Ashley

2629 is a good B6

Although you'll sit there laugh at the above statement and probably criticise because Arriva to you seems to simply be the spawn on the devil

the trainbasher

Quote from: Ashley on December 28, 2013, 07:47:36 PM
2629 is a good B6

Although you'll sit there laugh at the above statement and probably criticise because Arriva to you seems to simply be the spawn on the devil

I agree that there is nothing wrong with Arriva Midlands

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

I think I may have flew off the handle a bit there but all the same, all Darts rattle, B10BLE's are ageing a bit, route branded vehicles occassionally go off route, it could all be sooo much worse

Sorry

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on December 28, 2013, 08:02:15 PM
I think I may have flew off the handle a bit there but all the same, all Darts rattle, B10BLE's are ageing a bit, route branded vehicles occassionally go off route, it could all be sooo much worse

Sorry

Bob is sometimes over the top with his rants, but have a look at Cannock's darts. Most are completely threadbare on the seats and spend a lot of time parked up with their engine covers open. I have never known a day where Cannock garage have managed to put route branded vehicles on the correct routes. I guarantee if I stand at Hednesford I will see at least one route branded bus, normally more, even though none of the branded routes go to Hednesford!

Arrive Midlands are excellent in some places, but try living in Cannock. The 62 which Midland deemed to be a suitable route for Solos, and they were correct regularly has 40 odd seaters on it while the 60, my local route which should be one of the best with the newest buses on it will often see anything else including MPDs

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 08:16:16 PM

Sorry

Bob is sometimes over the top with his rants, but have a look at Cannock's darts. Most are completely threadbare on the seats and spend a lot of time parked up with their engine covers open. I have never known a day where Cannock garage have managed to put route branded vehicles on the correct routes. I guarantee if I stand at Hednesford I will see at least one route branded bus, normally more, even though none of the branded routes go to Hednesford!

Arrive Midlands are excellent in some places, but try living in Cannock. The 62 which Midland deemed to be a suitable route for Solos, and they were correct regularly has 40 odd seaters on it while the 60, my local route which should be one of the best with the newest buses on it will often see anything else including MPDs

Arriva Midlands are excellent in some areas. Look at Tamworth.  But im sorry cannock is a terrible operation.  Yes nx etc have buses that break down but Cannocks buses are always breaking down. I can count on one hand the amount of nx walsall buses ive seen broken down in service or in the bus stn but cannock arriva is at the very least ten times more than that. Its not just the darts that have threadbare seats either every one of the route 1 buses has disgusting interior as do many of the B10BLEs and other buses also. And goimg back to MRN days, Tony can you remember them having buses breaking down left right and centre and kept in such a state? I certainly can't. ..

andyr

In Liverpool this weekend and the Arriva fleet is immaculate... its the same story in most areas i vist.. It would seem that Cannock is the exception to the rule and as for the former Midland operation that continues to look like a low cost low class private operator.

arrivaaston

Didn't I explain before?? The 5.05 60 is operated by the bus that does 2.45 31 to Rugeley then the 836 Stafford to cannock normaly a 57 plate but can be anything, the 5.35 60 will be what ever does the 3.50 2A it does a 60 to lichfield then finish, I speak to drivers as Tony knows (I feature in the picture of select X184BNH) reason you may not get the "correct" buses can be due to defects not been rectifies, the way buses have been parked in the yard the night before or say for example 3728 (stafford branded) has had problems, they will keep it local (Pye Greens) so if it breaksdown its easier to get to, as for the evening service depending who's driving, a lot of drivers prefer to take a smaller bus on the 60/825 for 2 reasons 1. Its not gonna be rammed at night and 2. A lot of drivers don't like taking the bigger buses out of a night

Tony

Quote from: andyr on December 28, 2013, 09:36:01 PM
In Liverpool this weekend and the Arriva fleet is immaculate... its the same story in most areas i vist.. It would seem that Cannock is the exception to the rule and as for the former Midland operation that continues to look like a low cost low class private operator.

Yes, I was in Liverpool just before Christmas. The only vehicles that let the fleet down were a few of the V reg Marshall bodied darts that survive, but I only saw 3 of those and for such a small percentage of nails, and even those are not that old shows how different parts of the country are treated differently

Ashley

I apoligise again to Tony and Bob

Tony

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 08:16:16 PM

Sorry

That doesn't explain things like 74/75 branded buses appearing on the 60 at 7am that I see on my way to work occasionally. I got off the train at Hednesford a couple of weeks ago to see three buses, all branded, all on different routes outside Tesco, a 1, 2 and 74, the 2 was on the 33.

arrivaaston

There's rumour that some dafs could be heading to telford from cannock not sure wich and wouldn't early morning "wrong route" buses be down to the way they are parked the night before?

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 29, 2013, 11:08:57 AM
There's rumour that some dafs could be heading to telford from cannock not sure wich and wouldn't early morning "wrong route" buses be down to the way they are parked the night before?

Shouldn't be at Cannock, they are only parked 3 deep and front and back can both be released, so 2/3 of the fleet is accessible even for first bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk