News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Last step entry buses

Started by sconehead85, July 25, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

Arriva Midlands are SO CLOSE to being all LF. AFAIK all thats left of step buses are Wardles 2038 (Dennis Dart), 4545-7, 4687/92 (Leyland /Volvo Olympian) , and main fleet Scanias 3417/9/89/91.   Five ex London DDs and five single decks should complete the job.

31 December would be a good last day for them but I can see the Wardle fleet lingering into 2013.

sconehead85

NXWM Spectra

I'm expecting it to be over by March, when the Midland takeover finally gets finalised, that cascades around lots of Darts, which could replace the step entrance ones.

Bob

Surely most Midland Darts will go? Theyre tat! Id say thata lot of the step entry buses ( scanias / olympians/ etc) are far better buses than some of the low floor buses of a similar vintage, eg a journey from Cannock to Walsall or Wolverhampton would be much more pleasant in a Scania than it would in a Low floor Dart! Theyre really rubbish buses

sconehead85

NXWM-  I dont think the Midland takeover clearance would have any effect as the step entry fleet is now down to 14 vehicles.  2038 I think is being retained as a "heritage" bus, otherwise why has it survived so long?

bob- The job is almost complete now anyway and the slaughter of SLF Darts is under way.

sconehead85

Bob

Not at blood
Quote from: sconehead85 on November 12, 2012, 01:41:40 AM
NXWM-  I dont think the Midland takeover clearance would have any effect as the step entry fleet is now down to 14 vehicles.  2038 I think is being retained as a "heritage" bus, otherwise why has it survived so long?

bob- The job is almost complete now anyway and the slaughter of SLF Darts is under way.

sconehead85

Not at Cannock depot it aint! lol

staffsdave

3415 R415TJW is now in Wardles colours and is currently being worked on at Stafford (MOT prep). Bus has had 2+3 seating fitted for a school contract.

Dave

arrivaaston

I saw 3419 in Shrewsbury saturday with a dodgy destination blind and where's 3417, its no longer at tamworth and the only R/TJW scania in Cannocks yard is 3416 wich is unused, surely the last 3 or 4 of these would be ideal training buses to replace ageing K/OHF volvos??

tphi12000

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 12, 2012, 09:48:46 PM
I saw 3419 in Shrewsbury saturday with a dodgy destination blind and where's 3417, its no longer at tamworth and the only R/TJW scania in Cannocks yard is 3416 wich is unused, surely the last 3 or 4 of these would be ideal training buses to replace ageing K/OHF volvos??
3416 was parked at the front of Derby depot sunday morning. Tony
Tony

arrivaaston

Any idea what its doing at Derby and any ideas where 3417 is??

sconehead85

It looks as if Wardle will be the last refuge for step-entry buses. 3415's conversion to a school bus is surprising given the bus's age and now rarity in Arriva.

sconehead85

arrivaaston

What's happening to 3416 and where is 3417 these days??

Ashley

Just wondering if any are left in passenger service and where would be the best chance of finding them?

arrivaaston

From what others have posted, the knowledge I have on them is as follows

3415-Wardle Transport
3416-Withdrawn (At Derby Garrage)
3417-Shrewsbury (Unsure if its in service or not)
3418-Gone
3419-Shrewsbury
3420-Gone
3421-Gone
3422-Arriva North East
3423-Now Fleet no. 9000 (Exhibition Bus)
3424-Scrapped
3425-Scrapped
3426-Gone
3427-Tamworth Coach And Bus
3428-Gone
3429-Gone
3468-Telford
3489-Telford
3491-Telford

Ashley

arrivaaston

The 1's with 'Gone' I'm not sure if they've been scrapped or sold or transfered to another Arriva Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk