News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Last step entry buses

Started by sconehead85, July 25, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

just to answer some questions about some scainias in my new topic, does anybody know what is happening with 3468 N168 PUT, i saw it in cannocks yard one day then the next day it was gone and it turned up a week later back at cannock, and surely the unused r/tjw scanias (3416, 3418, 34201, 3421, 3423, 3426 &3428) could be used as training buses to replace those ageing volvos now?

Discodave

Quote from: bob on August 18, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
Saw a 51 plate Wright bodied decker moving in the yard at Cannock today in arriva livery, wonder where thats destined for
not cannock Bob as much even myself would like it to be probberly burton like one of the others

arrivaaston

what will happen with the unused r/tjw scanias in cannocks yard, surely these would be ideal training buses??

Bruce_LOA400X

apologies for the bump...

4617 has now been 'sold' to whom, no one knows....

the B7's have started arriving, 4 got allocated to Burton, 10 Allocated to Wigston (about time we need them), these are slowly filtering into service.

R423 TJW is still on the books as being Thurmaston based, I have never seen it out in Leicester at all!!!

also If anyone has info on N168 PUT that would be awesome as it's ex Midland Fox and I'm a huge follower (plus I'm trying to get one preserved)
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Tony

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on September 29, 2012, 09:25:36 PM
apologies for the bump...

4617 has now been 'sold' to whom, no one knows....

the B7's have started arriving, 4 got allocated to Burton, 10 Allocated to Wigston (about time we need them), these are slowly filtering into service.

R423 TJW is still on the books as being Thurmaston based, I have never seen it out in Leicester at all!!!

also If anyone has info on N168 PUT that would be awesome as it's ex Midland Fox and I'm a huge follower (plus I'm trying to get one preserved)

R423 TJW hasn't been Thurmaston based for many months, it is fleetnumber 9000 in the ancillary fleet and is normally kept at Cannock as an exhibition unit.

N168 PUT hasn't run this year, I think it is dumped in Cannock Yard

Bob

Why do they just dump buses like that instead of selling/scrapping them?

Tony

Quote from: bob on September 29, 2012, 10:04:01 PM
Why do they just dump buses like that instead of selling/scrapping them?

Because sometimes robbing a bus for spares and selling the shell for scrap is a better financial option than selling a complete bus, especially if it is a knackered bus that no other operator would buy

Bruce_LOA400X

shame N168 PUT hasn't been put to use! good bus as well! (unless there is something wrong with it)

that would explain the absence of 9000 then.

Arriva did sell a few of the ex Leicester ones, which is good news to hear, they have plenty of life left in them

Bruce_LOA400X

after re reading the thread and focussing a bit more.

the majority of the step buses mentioned by Sconehead have actually been original midland Fox vehicles.

and to think there are only 2 or 3 Midland Fox vehicles preserved as well...

sconehead85

It appears with the withdrawal of Arriva NE's last step Dennis Darts, Wardle (Arriva Stoke) 2038 (M100 PHA) is now the last step entry Dart with the Arriva group.

sconehead85

sconehead85

I have found out that North East still has two step Dennis Darts and a Volvo B10B, so 2038 is still one among just three.  2012 has seen the virtual demise of the step-entry Scania sd, and it appears that 3417/9/91 and TGM based N430 XRC are the last of what was a fifty strong presence with the Arriva group.

sconehead85

derningtona

3417 was last seen working (on the 2) on the 4th October in Tamworth - it may have been working on the 5th but I wasn't around and that was probably the last of it! 3491 was still working in Telford (on the 25) on the 8th October. I haven't seen 3419 lately - it used to turn up on the Shrewsbury to Hanley route.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

tphi12000

Quote from: sconehead85 on October 31, 2012, 12:09:49 AM
I have found out that North East still has two step Dennis Darts and a Volvo B10B, so 2038 is still one among just three.  2012 has seen the virtual demise of the step-entry Scania sd, and it appears that 3417/9/91 and TGM based N430 XRC are the last of what was a fifty strong presence with the Arriva group.

sconehead85
telford have 3468 , 3489 & 3491 in service . Tony
Tony

Bob

What are they normally used on?

arrivaaston

I've not seen 3468 in telford but 3489 and 3491 are still ther and not saw 3417, 3416 is in cannocks yard unused

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk