News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Midlands

Started by winston, April 06, 2012, 01:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

147 service? What buses operated on this route when operates from halesowen and how long much would you estimate to Worcester- return from halesowen? Many thnx

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 31, 2014, 02:27:35 PM
147 service? What buses operated on this route when operates from halesowen and how long much would you estimate to Worcester- return from halesowen? Many thnx
Should imagine the majority of 147 services will be operated by enviro300's although anything else could turn up!! Basically its a sort of extension to one of the 144a's per hour which usually gets enviro300's or Double Deckers.Last time I traveled on the 007 which the 147 is replacing there were a few low trees around Wildmoor and near Romsley so doubt you'll see anything other than single decks on it.

You will be issued a Wyvern day ticket at £6 if you ask for a Halesowen to Worcester return as thats what is issued from Bromsgrove.

the trainbasher

Alternatively you've got the connecta multi operator ticket at just short of £7

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

When does service start, as network West Midlands says current

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 31, 2014, 04:14:30 PM
When does service start, as network West Midlands says current

Tomorrow, 1st Sept

Trident 4194

I've heard that the route between Bromsgrove and Worcester is a lovely country route on the 144. Hope I get a decker on the 147 when I manage to get a ride on it. Is this the most direct route?

Ashley

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 31, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
I've heard that the route between Bromsgrove and Worcester is a lovely country route on the 144. Hope I get a decker on the 147 when I manage to get a ride on it. Is this the most direct route?

Depends where you live. Its the only direct route from Halesowen to Worcester if that's what you mean. Other than that then an online journey planner would be best

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 31, 2014, 03:36:54 PM
Which would only be valid from Hunnington and not Halesowen (the county border is just the other side of the A456  ;))

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 31, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
The majority of the route from Bromsgrove is along the A38 so its fairly quick if no hold ups! saying that there's quite often road works and or temporary lights in Wychbold at the moment which can hold things up occasionally. I quite like the route myself and yes slightly better with a decker.

Kevin

Quote from: SEVERNLINK on September 01, 2014, 05:52:15 PM
Which would only be valid from Hunnington and not Halesowen (the county border is just the other side of the A456  ;))

True, but I bought one from the driver of the 007 a few weeks back from Halesowen bus station and he didn't say anything about it not being valid. I know officially there is a boundary but surely there should be a bit of discression when there's no other way of getting to the boundary in the first place
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

tank90

Quote from: Kevin on September 02, 2014, 12:42:22 PM

True, but I bought one from the driver of the 007 a few weeks back from Halesowen bus station and he didn't say anything about it not being valid. I know officially there is a boundary but surely there should be a bit of discression when there's no other way of getting to the boundary in the first place

So you'd be happy for centro tickets to vaild out side the centro area?

I'm sorry but the boundary is there for a reason not for fun and NO discression at all. Its like saying to someone who has a day ticket on a 24hr service and its run out just before they board and the driver letting them on is ok, it's not.

I'm not meaning to be hard or harsh but rules are there for a reason, maybe a Greater West Midlands ticket needs to be introduced bringing the transport for every council into one like TfL or GMT and it would cover Black Country, Herefordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, West Midlands County, Staffordshire & Shropshire.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

111 Roughley

I see both points of view in that local authority boundaries are a bit arbitrary. If you live in Worcester, you're in clover with the Connecta. If you live near the edge, it can be expensive to travel even a short way. The creation of WMPTE 40 years ago in particular created a sort of barrier between the old North Worcestershire towns/the Black Country and the rest of the county. You'd think it was a different country, not just a different county. I very much welcome the new 147 and hope it's a success. I suspect First drivers won't be so easy as the Central Buses man who was probably a bit out of his normal territory, but at least they can offer the Wyvern ticket, which is great value- you can now go from Halesowen to Tewkesbury for example- south of Worcester there is real countryside to be seen, not Little Chefs, Travelodges, and Garden Centres!

Tony

Quote from: tank90 on September 02, 2014, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Kevin on September 02, 2014, 12:42:22 PM

So you'd be happy for centro tickets to vaild out side the centro area?

I'm sorry but the boundary is there for a reason not for fun and NO discression at all. Its like saying to someone who has a day ticket on a 24hr service and its run out just before they board and the driver letting them on is ok, it's not.

I'm not meaning to be hard or harsh but rules are there for a reason, maybe a Greater West Midlands ticket needs to be introduced bringing the transport for every council into one like TfL or GMT and it would cover Black Country, Herefordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, West Midlands County, Staffordshire & Shropshire.

TfL's and GMT's are no different to the West Midlands one, both are basically tickets valid within the old metropolitan County Council areas, either the old GLC or Greater Manchester. The West Midlands on contains seven Metropolitan borough councils

the trainbasher

Personally I think that Worcestershire, for routes like the 125, 147 and 192 should have tried to forge an agreement with centro so they can shift the boundary so there's a overlap.

However having looked at the Worcestershire document online the gist of it is that one can prepurchase ones connecta at the start of one's journey as long as one has a valid ticket or pass covering the out boundary bit, example a nbus or single/return fare. That's how it reads to me anyway...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

tank90

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 02, 2014, 05:47:28 PM
However having looked at the Worcestershire document online the gist of it is that one can prepurchase ones connecta at the start of one's journey as long as one has a valid ticket or pass covering the out boundary bit, example a nbus or single/return fare. That's how it reads to me anyway...

That is what it reads between the lines.

No real system is going to work due to people traveling further ie those in Herefordshire going to Gloucester and Warwickshire to Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, but a system for Greater centro needs to be looked at so you can get from the north midlands to the south with out having to buy half a dozen to get there.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk