News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 22, 2018, 11:44:09 AM
Not according to the maps and timetables.

Seems a bit strange not to stop there, even the X61 did.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on July 22, 2018, 11:50:09 AM
Seems a bit strange not to stop there, even the X61 did.

The only stop they should use really if any is the one by the O2 Academy.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BigDaddyCool

No straight through. Which I'm glad about as there is very little point in having the 'X' as this is always associated with express...

I see the X21 will return to Arthur Road in both directions following the completion of the bus gate.

Kevin

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 22, 2018, 12:04:45 PM
No straight through. Which I'm glad about as there is very little point in having the 'X' as this is always associated with express...

I see the X21 will return to Arthur Road in both directions following the completion of the bus gate.

Oh so that is happening then? Not seen any reference to this since the original consultation
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MasterPlan

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 22, 2018, 12:04:45 PM

I did say if any. I would rather it stayed like that, yes. Personally I believe it should go that way in both directions non-stop.

Where does it say that about Arthur Road?

BigDaddyCool

The NXWM Twitter feed. Someone asked the question. Like they say, no point in creating one if no buses will be using It!

MasterPlan

If this is the case that'll be rather disappointing to say the least.

Mike K

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 22, 2018, 08:08:35 AM
They might be, I picked up the X20, X21, X22 timetable on Friday and it's Platinum style timetable leaflet !

I guess it might be a little while before the allocations settle down as the summer timetables mean spare buses so the X21 could continue to see Platinums used. The service changes specifically mentioned the X20 and X22 as being Platinum but not the X21. I've not bothered to work it out but I guesstimated the 23/24 PVR as slightly higher than 24. I also think they may go to every 8 mins each during the day once the summer timetable ends (rather than 9 mins now).

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 22, 2018, 12:11:52 PM
If this is the case that'll be rather disappointing to say the least.
Quote from: Mike K on July 18, 2018, 08:24:00 AM
I'm confused by the X21. It seems to serve a number of stops outbound along Wheeleys Road and Arthur Road but goes not stop via a different route inbound. Is the assumption that passengers along this section of the route only need to travel in one direction?
I notice they've said the reason for the X21 not serving Arthur Road inbound currently is that they've had lots of complaints about congestion at Five Ways Island on the previous 98/X64.

QuoteAndy J Turley: So why isnt tge x21 stopping at 5 ways? It goes past the stop the x64 used. So now both buses that from weoley castle that both had stops there no longer serve it or is the app wrong?
QuoteNational Express West Midlands: Hi Andy. We've had quite a lot of customers contact us regarding delays and congestion at Five Ways. There are still services travelling there, you will need to connect with a 1 or 23 service in Birmingham.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on July 22, 2018, 07:33:03 PM
I notice they've said the reason for the X21 not serving Arthur Road inbound currently is that they've had lots of complaints about congestion at Five Ways Island on the previous 98/X64.

I'm not sure what that's got to do with what I said, but in my opinion I didn't think Five Ways was that bad for the 98/X64, the traffic lights helped them around the island much quicker than the Harborne buses.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 22, 2018, 07:38:44 PM
I'm not sure what that's got to do with what I said, but in my opinion I didn't think Five Ways was that bad for the 98/X64, the traffic lights helped them around the island much quicker than the Harborne buses.

With current roadworks there I believe, it is horrendous with traffic even at 10 am in the morning there are queues heading back on the Hagley Road as people wait to go onto the island

Trident 4194

Is the 27 doing the old 004 route round by the green man? As I'm unsure how else it's possible to terminate at the green man.

This proposed 48 route will be interesting to see how quickly it becomes unreliable, with a journey time of almost 2 hours one way, and minimal waiting at places such as the QE. Can see this being quickly withdrawn due to reliablility issues

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2018, 09:46:20 PM
Is the 27 doing the old 004 route round by the green man? As I'm unsure how else it's possible to terminate at the green man.

This proposed 48 route will be interesting to see how quickly it becomes unreliable, with a journey time of almost 2 hours one way, and minimal waiting at places such as the QE. Can see this being quickly withdrawn due to reliablility issues

The 27 does a large loop around Harborne by going up Metchley Lane from Quinton Road, then left onto Harborne High St, Vivian Rd and Harborne Park Rd.

As regards the 48, agreed, I'll be astounded if this lasts long term.

Two routes, a 48 West Brom to QE and an extended 84 QE to Northfield via Bournville and Hawkesley would have made more sense.

BigDaddyCool

Quite a few moaning about the limited stop around Edgbaston and not stopping on Arthur Road etc... I think in time perhaps explore the idea of a circular - perhaps half hourly that covers the stops no longer served. If it's utilised then great, if not, they can say that provided an option and no one took it up.

B.C Driver

I notice the X20 isn't stopping at Orphopeadic Hospital.
Bad move in my opinion. Lots of people use that stop for the hospital and for White Hill Lane.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk