News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 23, 2018, 03:21:48 PM
I thought it was just the express routes that had their displays changed but I've seen a few up Cotteridge today. The 18 for example, Yardley Wood, Via King's Heath. What good is that? I'm all for the bigger last destinations but the scrolling underneath is much better than showing just one via point. Especially with all of the changes...

The 18 going via Kings Heath is stretching it a bit, Alcester Lanes End surely.

Seeing 2124 on the X2 this evening while there were at least two Platinums on the 60 was a little surprising, hopefully things will settle down.

V89MOA

Quote from: Kevin on July 23, 2018, 07:02:48 PM
And complaints from Edgewood Road residents about double deckers going down their road and in the same sentence saying mentioning the parking issues on Leach Green Lane....
At the end of the day if a bus struggles to get down a road with poor parking then so would a Fire engine. People need to wise up and take some responsibility for issues of their own making, and authorities need to stop bowing down to these people.

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 07:10:36 PM
At the end of the day if a bus struggles to get down a road with poor parking then so would a Fire engine. People need to wise up and take some responsibility for issues of their own making, and authorities need to stop bowing down to these people.
Which is the situation on Turnberry Road in Beeches. When DD's first started used it residents moaned that they didn't want DD's going past their houses and that the vibrations caused their garden walls to collapse. The Buses struggle with all the parked cars all over the place. It's annoying if you get stuck right by the swimming baths, it's a real sticky situation.

People do need to wisen up and grow up, these people probably don't even use the buses!

Sh4318

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 06:57:22 PM
Nasty, shoddy, unreliable, jerky, uncomfortable, cramped, boring heaps. Completely unsuitable to a busy route like the X21 imo, they've been bad enough on the X64 for all these years. Finally got a chance for a decent upgrade (tridents would've done!) and overlooked.
I agree, the new font's are much better and clearer to read! Although I am a bit confused as to why most are static? Wouldn't it make more sense, especially on the 45/47 to have them alternating? 45 Longbridge via Pershore Road vs 47 Longbridge via Pershore Road isn't really explaining much?

Fair enough. Never had a problem with them myself when using them on the 120. Each to their own.

I'm surprised the Pershore Road branding hasn't been updated to be honest
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 07:16:32 PM
residents moaned that they didn't want DD's going past their houses and that the vibrations caused their garden walls to collapse.
Sounds like the kind of story you read on the 'Angry People in Local Newspapers' page... People really haven't got a clue.

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 23, 2018, 07:32:53 PM
I'm surprised the Pershore Road branding hasn't been updated to be honest
Me too in fairness, although the Hybrids are still being done and the X2*s haven't had any yet so there is still a fair chance that the Pershore Roads are on the list, fingers crossed!

MW

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 06:57:22 PM
Nasty, shoddy, unreliable, jerky, uncomfortable, cramped, boring heaps.

The boring bit, fair enough. But the rest of that is not true. The B7RLE / Eclipse 2 are some of the best single deckers in the fleet. They're reliable, they're bright and airy inside and generally a good bus. To drive, they're definitely the best out of Scanias & E200 (both versions). The visibility and general smoothness of them is spot on. Best single deck bus I've ever driven and would happily spend a 5 and a half hour portion of a duty in. Can't say the same for the Scanias and E200. I'm also including the Diamond stuff I've driven in that list.

Jack

Quote from: MW on July 23, 2018, 08:07:50 PM
The boring bit, fair enough. But the rest of that is not true. The B7RLE / Eclipse 2 are some of the best single deckers in the fleet. They're reliable, they're bright and airy inside and generally a good bus. To drive, they're definitely the best out of Scanias & E200 (both versions). The visibility and general smoothness of them is spot on. Best single deck bus I've ever driven and would happily spend a 5 and a half hour portion of a duty in. Can't say the same for the Scanias and E200. I'm also including the Diamond stuff I've driven in that list.
Omnilinks are better than any B7RLE imo, especially the Euro 4 ones! I do like B7RLE's.

V89MOA

Quote from: MW on July 23, 2018, 08:07:50 PM
Sorry but I can't let that one go, Bright and airy? There is no ventilation at all towards the back, in weather like this it is torture! Everything is dull grey with poor lighting.. and the seats are too squashed in, the back ends are very cramped.  The only comfortable seat I've found is the one next to the emergency door which is usually already taken! The E200MMC is more brighter, fresher and pleasant inside, helped even more when the back windows aren't covered in branding!
Just goes to show the world of a driver is 100% different to the world of a passenger.

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
Omnilinks are better than any B7RLE imo
Here here!

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 08:24:45 PM
Sorry but I can't let that one go, Bright and airy? There is no ventilation at all towards the back, in weather like this it is torture! Everything is dull grey with poor lighting.. and the seats are too squashed in, the back ends are very cramped.  The only comfortable seat I've found is the one next to the emergency door which is usually already taken! The E200MMC is more brighter, fresher and pleasant inside, helped even more when the back windows aren't covered in branding!
Just goes to show the world of a driver is 100% different to the world of a passenger.
The E200 MMC are just as bad as an E200. The legroom on the back seat is terrible. I'd some much have the Urban 2's and Omnilinks return to the (well now) 4. Each to their own, everyone has different opinions.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
Omnilinks are better than any B7RLE imo, especially the Euro 4 ones! I do like B7RLE's.

Your off your rocker. Omnilinks are cramped slow, boring and the doors take for years.  B7RLES are better in every way I'm with MW on this one obviously I can't say much about driving but from a passenger perspective

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 08:27:41 PM
The E200 MMC are just as bad as an E200. The legroom on the back seat is terrible. I'd some much have the Urban 2's and Omnilinks return to the (well now) 4. Each to their own, everyone has different opinions.
The legroom is the one thing that lets them down I'll agree, but this is the same with most modern buses now it would seem, they do still feel much less claustrophobic than the heaps on the X64 though. MMC's are a world apart from E200 classic though on so many levels....

Kevin

I think evidence enough in the last few posts the world of one person is 100% different to the world of another. Some passengers like them some don't, some drivers do some don't.
Personally I think they're infinitely better than Scanias (at least NXWM Scanias) much better legroom, smoother ride, brighter, airy. E200s perhaps nicer environment but the ride feels much less smooth.
Again, just personal opinion.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 08:28:40 PM
Your off your rocker. Omnilinks are cramped slow, boring and the doors take for years.  B7RLES are better in every way I'm with MW on this one obviously I can't say much about driving but from a passenger perspective
I've had Omnilinks on my locals for 9/10 years now. Yes cramped, but they aren't slow at all I've ridden enough on late 28's and they can fly down roads. When drivers put their foot down they really move. The doors don't take as long as some of the later Tridents. But that's because I'm more regular on them. My personal opinion.

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 08:32:44 PM
The legroom is the one thing that lets them down I'll agree, but this is the same with most modern buses now it would seem, they do still feel much less claustrophobic than the heaps on the X64 though. MMC's are a world apart from E200 classic though on so many levels....
The E200 MMC's have crap suspension still. You bounce out of your seat on the speed bumps on Walford Road on the Warwick Road diversion! The E200 MMC's are boring, they sound ok but if I lived on them I'd probably be bored of them in days! I'm grateful I have Omnilinks on my locals!

The main reason the Omnilinks (Omnicitys too) are hated is because they have bad legroom and the doors (which aren't even that slow)!

I do like Urban 2's, they are nice fast and clean buses as are Urban 1's. Thing I don't like about Urban 1's is the state of the interiors in some of them. Not about seats etc but the state of grime on walls, floors and ceilings. They do need a 'deep' clean.

MasterPlan

I agree with that. The only good seat really. Though the Scanias are even worse. My legs are killing me after riding one of those.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 23, 2018, 08:46:51 PM
I agree with that. The only good seat really. Though the Scanias are even worse. My legs are killing me after riding one of those.
Same can be said for me on the E200 MMC's. You have sit in an awkward position meaning your legs can't be straight!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk