News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Why is it non dda compliant? Its a low floor bus with wheelchair space.

andyallen4014

Theres more to it than that. I'm by no way an expert but I understand anything pre 'Y' reg is unlikely to be fully DDA unless it has been modified. The whole batch of these V-DBC Volvos are on the company list as non DDA and are planned to be off front line service by the DDA deadline.

Bob

Lets hope it applies to all v w x y and 51 plate Darts then cos their heaps of junk!!!!

andyallen4014

Unfortunately not! I think the Y-HKE batch have had some modifications from something that was said the other day. A posting was made elsewhere describing the arrival of the Wardle Solos as a measure to assist the disposal of non DDA buses, so there should be some more to go. Presumably the remaining W-EYG Solos must be earmarked for disposal although the repainted ones do look quite smart.

On that subject is there specific routes that the remaining Solos tend to work regularly or do they get mixed in with everything else? I've not been spending as much time on the patch recently (until today) so have lost touch a bit with the allocations.

Trident 4609

Caught 3764 on the 68 this evening. A very nippy bus and nice sounding too. Does the evening bus on the 68 come of another route as it is usually a bus that isn't on the 68 in the daytime.

arrivaaston

A majority of evening services can be operated by anything, a selection of buses are parked by the gate after a wash to go back out, 5.05 60 how ever comes off a 31 and evening 33 comes off a 32

arrivaaston

Citaro 3018 has been on 1's today and Dart 2281 has been on 2A

Trident 4609

The 20:55 68 from W'ton Stafford St didn't turn up tonight.

I wonder why.....

Bob

Thats the trouble with cannock services,  maybe nx have a similar amount or proportion of breakdowns ( id still say they lose less than cannock in mileage tho lol) bit the majority of their routes are pretty frequent so a missed bus isnt as noticeable.  Whereas cannock have a lot of hourly trips,  62/74/75/68 and unreliable buses which theyve got a lot of are really noticeable.  Plus the stupid interworking like 70/76, so if stafford traffics bad your screwed on the 70 or if the 70 breaks down passengers are left waiting two hours for a 76 in wolves

Trident 4609

And the 68 is two hourly at night. Surely there were spare buses avaliable in the garage if a bus broke down.

Bob

A few weeks back a evening 2 had broken down somewhere,  it should of changed to the 2045 no 70. Me and my mate were waiting for it, at tje stop opposite the garage in delta way, when it didnt turn up after 30 mins I saw a driver and asked wtf was going on to be told "oh weve had a couple of breakdowns tonight,  think its the 2 and another one but I dunno". The garage is full of buses at that time and they couldn't even get it together to send one out. Sometimes the evening 2's just haven't run at all leading as I mentioned before to a customer having to get proof from arriva customer services that it didn't arrive again ( as shed been late due this previously) to avoid disciplinary action being took against her. Trouble is arriva since their nervous breakdown when nx won the contract now run the 2 for nothing,  so the council cant really do nothing.  Would it be this bad if nx were running them? I can barely remember any 351s breaking down and they were run with 20 yr old plus metros for years

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2014, 10:33:55 PM
A few weeks back a evening 2 had broken down somewhere,  it should of changed to the 2045 no 70. Me and my mate were waiting for it, at tje stop opposite the garage in delta way, when it didnt turn up after 30 mins I saw a driver and asked wtf was going on to be told "oh weve had a couple of breakdowns tonight,  think its the 2 and another one but I dunno". The garage is full of buses at that time and they couldn't even get it together to send one out. Sometimes the evening 2's just haven't run at all leading as I mentioned before to a customer having to get proof from arriva customer services that it didn't arrive again ( as shed been late due this previously) to avoid disciplinary action being took against her. Trouble is arriva since their nervous breakdown when nx won the contract now run the 2 for nothing,  so the council cant really do nothing.  Would it be this bad if nx were running them? I can barely remember any 351s breaking down and they were run with 20 yr old plus metros for years

I remember a short lived 353 service operated by Wmt & Stevensons that ran between Cannock & Walsall.

Did it divert off the A34 or not?

Bob

Dont know lol. Wmt operated on it alongside their 345/9 350 950/1/2/3 services. Man there must have been a lot more people going between cannock and walsall in 1994!

Westy

There used to be an earlier journey I think between Walsall & Cannock in the PTE days.

From reading the old timetables I got, I think it was 540am!

Trident 4609

3609 is on the 68 today. First time i've seen it on the 68 since it being reinstated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk