News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hey Tony anything......

Started by RW, November 21, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: Winston on December 04, 2014, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 04, 2014, 01:15:21 PM
Quote from: Andrew on December 04, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
So the buses are having a new livery, today I've heard about a new black and red trim for the seating.... Any truth in that ?

So after almost all buses are now repainted into NXWM livery after about 6 years, the livery is changing again. This means that to have all buses carrying the new livery would be completed by 2020/21!!

In some respects, I'd prefer to only see the new liveries/new interiors applied to brand new buses from 2015 order. As they are going to be used to upgrade specific corridors, they'll not generally be mixed in with allocations of the existing fleet and it will help passengers to distinguish the new buses.

If the new livery is to be applied to the existing fleet, it would prefer to see introduced on a route by route basis or specific batches/blocks of buses painted first

Also, if the existing fleet were to be repainted, it would make more sense to apply the livery to buses less than 10 years old? i.e. Trident Enviros; B7RLEs; etc... - Leave the Tridents, etc - unless they're still fir for service, by the time the rest are done. ::) :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ImO I think new livery should only be used on mmc,s as to high light they are some thing very different, after all nx are trying to raise the standards of bus travel I guess. From recent events buses are now coming back from Walsall complete with original tread bare interiors. Imagine seeing a new liveried up bus up on boarding you are greeted with decade old plus seats , Nice

D10

Quote from: 2900 on December 06, 2014, 10:33:09 AM
ImO I think new livery should only be used on mmc,s as to high light they are some thing very different, after all nx are trying to raise the standards of bus travel I guess. From recent events buses are now coming back from Walsall complete with original tread bare interiors. Imagine seeing a new liveried up bus up on boarding you are greeted with decade old plus seats , Nice

Hopefully the new livery will always be accompanied by a complete re-trim. As you say if repainted vehicles come back with scruffy interiors it defeats the point somewhat. 

winston

Even with the a potentially new interior being agreed, the trim shop will still need supplies of grey dot moquette to be able to provide matching replacement seating.

Maybe they're holding off buying any more grey dot material until they've decided how they going to introducing the new liveries/new interiors in the respect of the existing fleet.

I totally agree, new liveries & new interiors for new buses only, especially as the fleet fleet are for specific corridors. The existing livery can be phased out as new deliveries are taken in to stock.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

Even with the a potentially new interior being agreed, the trim shop will still need supplies of grey dot moquette to be able to provide matching replacement seating.

Maybe they're holding off buying any more grey dot material until they've decided how they going to introducing the new liveries/new interiors in the respect of the existing fleet.

I totally agree, new liveries & new interiors for new buses only, especially as the fleet fleet are for specific corridors. The existing livery can be phased out as new deliveries are taken in to stock.
Hopefully the interior can be a little more red, red moquette and blue bars.

Stevo

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

The trouble with this is that it produces a two-tier system, with people associating the older livery - red and white with NXWM - with the second-rate. First found this many years ago when only new buses had the Barbie livery, other vehicles being repainted in the older colours. So they decided to give all buses Barbie livery, though originally in a slightly different variant for older buses - Barbie 2.

JB93

In my opinion, having 3 or 4 different liveries floating about, all in differing states of disrepair with graffiti and etching and different mismatched seating and those damn awful connection bars, looks incredibly tatty and unorganised. NXWM need to pick a livery and stick to it, and refurb ALL their buses to their most recent spec, which I understand will take a long time but I hate the idea of having ANOTHER different livery on the roads.

Tara4352

Quote from: JB93 on December 10, 2014, 06:17:19 PM
In my opinion, having 3 or 4 different liveries floating about, all in differing states of disrepair with graffiti and etching and different mismatched seating and those damn awful connection bars, looks incredibly tatty and unorganised. NXWM need to pick a livery and stick to it, and refurb ALL their buses to their most recent spec, which I understand will take a long time but I hate the idea of having ANOTHER different livery on the roads.
I agree having a Maroon livery on the roads is pointless as we have nearly got rid of twm livery!

The Fox 4846

Tony, 2 questions:
Firstly, when can i start my own topic.
Secondly, no offence but why no new photos on the website?
And when are new photos?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

midlandred2003

Tony has already stated he has been having problems for the last week uploading stuff be patient.

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 11, 2014, 05:37:01 PM
Tony, 2 questions:
Firstly, when can i start my own topic.
Secondly, no offence but why no new photos on the website?
And when are new photos?

You can start a 'sensible' topic anytime, but just starting one for the sake of it, or when that topic has already been dealt with will normally get it deleted.

See Main Site updates topic for why no new photographs

The Fox 4846

Ok Tony, didn't know about the problems.
The topic's I want to make are:
Metro/Sprint route suggestions and route ideas and Metro/Sprint views.
And a Route Suggestion topic about your Route ideas and views about NXWM.
Tony, just double checking are these acceptable and okay?

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 11, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

All those are already there

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 05:56:58 PM
Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 11, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

All those are already there

Yep, to add there is a whole area for Route Suggestions, have a browse in there first:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The Fox 4846

Tony, when are you going to add the new NXWM buses to the fleetlist?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk