News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hey Tony anything......

Started by RW, November 21, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 05:19:03 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 02, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 05:14:35 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 02, 2014, 05:07:48 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 03:26:07 PM
I doubt there will be any respite from the wanton vandalism (euphemistically called branding) in the foreseeable future,operators have convinced themselves that passengers (sorry,customers) are incapable of reading destination blinds.
One day possibly this branding passion will be exposed for what it is.......yet another example of the PR and marketing craze currently taking over our lives.

And whilst we're at it let's get rid of...

Individual liveries for companies
Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then we have a similar to Scotrail situation

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Then we have what London has...a regulated wholly tendered bus service.

Is that what you want?

Oooh! Yes please! :D

In fact let's just nationalise the lot!

Even better! :D

Even better...withdraw all bus service and make people pay for taxis/walk/sprout wings

I was gonna say ride magical flying unicorns but yours is better haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

arrifirststage

At last.......a debate about something other than the usual NXWM minutiae usually generated.

Tony

Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
At last.......a debate about something other than the usual NXWM minutiae usually generated.

This has cropped up and been debated before Branding increases passenger numbers you can argue all you like but figures from almost every company prove it does, that is why they all brand. Do you really think quality companys like Central buses would be paying good money to put branding on if it didn't.

Every one seem to think Brighton & Hove, Oxford, Nottingham are high quality companys. They all brand heavily, why? because it works!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2014, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 06:16:32 PM

This has cropped up and been debated before Branding increases passenger numbers you can argue all you like but figures from almost every company prove it does, that is why they all brand. Do you really think quality companys like Central buses would be paying good money to put branding on if it didn't.

Every one seem to think Brighton & Hove, Oxford, Nottingham are high quality companys. They all brand heavily, why? because it works!

I agree if you didn't know the route existed, then nobody would use it

arrifirststage

Given that everyone (almost) believes in branding,why,oh why,are vehicles not kept on the correct routes.

Trident 4194

Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 07:26:53 PM
Given that everyone (almost) believes in branding,why,oh why,are vehicles not kept on the correct routes.

High mileage, sometimes the buses are organised differently so it takes ages to get out, so why not just get a bus out that it is easy to leave. Take the 24 for example they are not going to move loads of buses to get an e400, therefore they use tridents or hybrids. The 9 appears to have tridents now, as these are probably easier to leave.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 02, 2014, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 07:26:53 PM

High mileage, sometimes the buses are organised differently so it takes ages to get out, so why not just get a bus out that it is easy to leave. Take the 24 for example they are not going to move loads of buses to get an e400, therefore they use tridents or hybrids. The 9 appears to have tridents now, as these are probably easier to leave.

But if we trust what Bob says, Cannock never has branded buses on the right routes.

Bob

At the moment theres 3 stafford branded pulsars here there and everywhere plus four old route one buses thst they haven't bothered their arse to debrand.....looks crap

don

Quote from: mranon on December 01, 2014, 08:34:47 PM
regarding the fading paint, iy doesnt help with the chemicals used in commercial vehicle wash systems especially when soap not rinsed off fully

I saw liveries similar to both the new NXWM liveries on Monday, in Cambridge. The Madingley Park and Ride E400s have red and maroon livery and the one they use which says your Park and Ride vehicle is being repaired today - is in grey and black. They both look great to me so I'm much more positive about the new NX liveries.

As for this site, well it's quite simply excellent. I don't even live in the West Midlands but can keep up with my favourite fleet at the click of a button!! Can't wait to see what gems you have in Ronnie Morgan's negatives 😀
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

The National Express and Rotala November fleet changes are now on the front page of the main site

andrew1991

So the buses are having a new livery, today I've heard about a new black and red trim for the seating.... Any truth in that ?

B.C Driver

Quote from: Andrew on December 04, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
So the buses are having a new livery, today I've heard about a new black and red trim for the seating.... Any truth in that ?

So after almost all buses are now repainted into NXWM livery after about 6 years, the livery is changing again. This means that to have all buses carrying the new livery would be completed by 2020/21!!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Squirrel

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 04, 2014, 01:15:21 PM

So after almost all buses are now repainted into NXWM livery after about 6 years, the livery is changing again. This means that to have all buses carrying the new livery would be completed by 2020/21!!

...and by then it'll be time for another new livery, nice one NX!

Chris2301

Will the new NX livery be applied on NX coventry's buses or are they getting their own livery

winston

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 04, 2014, 01:15:21 PM

In some respects, I'd prefer to only see the new liveries/new interiors applied to brand new buses from 2015 order. As they are going to be used to upgrade specific corridors, they'll not generally be mixed in with allocations of the existing fleet and it will help passengers to distinguish the new buses.

If the new livery is to be applied to the existing fleet, it would prefer to see introduced on a route by route basis or specific batches/blocks of buses painted first

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk