News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hey Tony anything......

Started by RW, November 21, 2014, 01:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Exactly Tony - I can't find any equivalent website for any other UK region which provides so many photos or information on buses as your website Tony - always been impressed by the website (that includes the former fotopic website). Amazing how many photos you have already, and the ones still left to go - love seeing Ronnie Morgan's photos as well.

Seems The Fox 4846 has deleted his comment now asking for more pictures!  ;)

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 01, 2014, 08:43:55 PM
Exactly Tony - I can't find any equivalent website for any other UK region which provides so many photos or information on buses as your website Tony - always been impressed by the website (that includes the former fotopic website). Amazing how many photos you have already, and the ones still left to go - love seeing Ronnie Morgan's photos as well.

My ultimate aim to get get a photo of every WMPTE/TWM/NX bus operated since 1978 and every train on the main line on there!

garrym1972

You are doing a great job tony..love this site
gotta love the gemini

Liberator9

Nice aim! Good luck!  ;) The collection is already staggering, and will be great to see it grow even further! Love looking through some of the older shots of the buses, in WMPTE and TWM time - highlights the dramatic changes that have occurred over the company's existence, and have a nice sense of nostalgia to them.

danny

You do an amazing job Tony, I particularly like the older photos and the west midlands travel buses from the early 90's from when I was a toddler, weird seeing buses on high street in city, I do remember them going down new street as I used to catch the 120 and 81Y from near where the Odeon is now, used to be a burger king and a entrance with lots of white lights above, then ofcourse theirs the old bullring haha.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

PM

I agree with what others have said above- it's a fantastic site and just keeps on getting better! Fleetlists, fleet updates and photos really useful especially when you're not in the WM to see what's happening yourself.

I like the early TWM era stuff being uploaded, along with the TMH and TYB stuff which were fleets I was too young to really see in action.

The forum feature has been going nearly 3 years now, right?

CL

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2014, 09:47:01 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on December 01, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

My ultimate aim to get get a photo of every WMPTE/TWM/NX bus operated since 1978 and every train on the main line on there!

I, for one, has been on this journey - excuse the pun - before Fotopic closed down. Those were the days. Of course, once the site had lifted itself off it's feet with this site, I was more confusing to navigate around. Over the years, I've grown very fond of the new Main Site & this forum. And, like Liberator9 has said above, there is practically no other place where I can find a site like this. What you've achieved is phenomenal, thank you for this site. It's truly wonderful... :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

RW

I wonder whether, when the first of the 2015 vehicles are delivered in the 'new' standard livery they will be allowed to operate for a few weeks/ months in pristine condition to show off the livery or whether they will immediately be covered in 'post it' notes saying, for example,  "up to every 5 mins", and various other uncoordinated coloured strips of vinyl. Thoughts anyone?

Gareth

I wondered too about branding on the standard livery version. I can't see how it would be made to look good.
The current branding, despite the still vast area of white enhances the dull livery slightly.

arrifirststage

I doubt there will be any respite from the wanton vandalism (euphemistically called branding) in the foreseeable future,operators have convinced themselves that passengers (sorry,customers) are incapable of reading destination blinds.
One day possibly this branding passion will be exposed for what it is.......yet another example of the PR and marketing craze currently taking over our lives.

the trainbasher

Quote from: arrifirststage on December 02, 2014, 03:26:07 PM
I doubt there will be any respite from the wanton vandalism (euphemistically called branding) in the foreseeable future,operators have convinced themselves that passengers (sorry,customers) are incapable of reading destination blinds.
One day possibly this branding passion will be exposed for what it is.......yet another example of the PR and marketing craze currently taking over our lives.

And whilst we're at it let's get rid of...

Individual liveries for companies
Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then we have a similar to Scotrail situation

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Then we have what London has...a regulated wholly tendered bus service.

Is that what you want?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 03:38:23 PM

Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Is that what you want?

Oooh! Yes please! :D
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 02, 2014, 05:07:48 PM

Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Is that what you want?

In fact let's just nationalise the lot!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Is that what you want?

Even better! :D
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 02, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

Bus company logos
Bus company publicity

Then if we scrap...

Bus company innovation
Commercial bus services

Is that what you want?

Even better! :D

Even better...withdraw all bus service and make people pay for taxis/walk/sprout wings

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk