News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusFan94

Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Dom

BusFan94

Yesterday there was a fatal crash on the M6 at J10 the 529 goes via J10 but they shut down J10. If the 529 was diverted which way did it go.
Busfan94🚏
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Westy

Quote from: BusFan94 on August 22, 2016, 10:25:45 AM
Yesterday there was a fatal crash on the M6 at J10 the 529 goes via J10 but they shut down J10. If the 529 was diverted which way did it go.

Surely its only the slip roads that are shut?

(Otherwise dont they divert via QE Avenue & Churchill Road ?)

Stu

Quote from: Westy on August 22, 2016, 06:32:19 PM
Surely its only the slip roads that are shut?

(Otherwise dont they divert via QE Avenue & Churchill Road ?)

That's what I was thinking too, when they say in the news that the 'M6 is closed at J10' it usually just means that access to the motorway at that junction is closed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

Having recently been there, I'd quite like NX to operate a service which goes to Drayton Manor. It'd compete with Arriva's 110 which when I went on it got decent loadings on the journey there and on the way back, it was rammed.

I've seen many NX buses there on Private Hire so apart of me thinks it could work
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dutsey

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 22, 2016, 10:19:57 PM
Having recently been there, I'd quite like NX to operate a service which goes to Drayton Manor. It'd compete with Arriva's 110 which when I went on it got decent loadings on the journey there and on the way back, it was rammed.

I've seen many NX buses there on Private Hire so apart of me thinks it could work

Arriva used to run the X76 between Tamworth and Birmingham via Fazeley , I always wondered why they stopped that route

CL

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 22, 2016, 10:19:57 PM

E22: Carrs Lane to Drayton Manor
E33: Carrs Lane to Alton Towers

- weren't it? Not too sure of the operating times, but those routes were operated by Travel West Midlands for some time. I believe (before withdrawal) the allocation was the Omnicity deckers; there are some images floating around the web.. I seem to recall Alexander Royales as well, branded for Private Charter.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2734.0

See this topic. ;) @GeminiFan1991
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: clayderman on August 22, 2016, 10:41:39 PM
E22: Carrs Lane to Drayton Manor
E33: Carrs Lane to Alton Towers

- weren't it? Not too sure of the operating times, but those routes were operated by Travel West Midlands for some time. I believe (before withdrawal) the allocation was the Omnicity deckers; there are some images floating around the web.. I seem to recall Alexander Royales as well, branded for Private Charter.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2734.0

See this topic. ;) @GeminiFan1991

Many Thanks for this.

I'm sure their are photos of an Omnicity or 2 at Drayton Manor further validating this.

I kind of wanted a public service at set times, It would probably be seasonal owing to how theme parks work but I think it could work.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BusFan94

M6 Had Hollow black circle so it was closed drivers on the A454 and Wolverhampton road were diverted but where the 529 go from QE avenue and Churchill Road I know that area well and unless it went down the old 40 route I can't see it going any other way without being late.
Busfan94🚏
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Alex

Quote from: BusFan94 on August 23, 2016, 09:31:35 AM
M6 Had Hollow black circle so it was closed drivers on the A454 and Wolverhampton road were diverted but where the 529 go from QE avenue and Churchill Road I know that area well and unless it went down the old 40 route I can't see it going any other way without being late.

In that scenario, it would go up Queen Elizabeth Avenue, right onto Churchill Road, then right again down Bloxwich Lane (the road that the old 331 used to serve) before rejoining Wolverhampton Road
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

BusFan94

Busfan94🚏
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Westy

We normally know theres a problem on the M6 before its given out on the news, as my road gets all the traffic!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 22, 2016, 10:56:04 PM
Many Thanks for this.

I'm sure their are photos of an Omnicity or 2 at Drayton Manor further validating this.

I kind of wanted a public service at set times, It would probably be seasonal owing to how theme parks work but I think it could work.

The problem is that you would probably need the services to be advance booking only, otherwise how do you know how many people to cater for, you turn up with a bus and you have 200 people waiting or a number of buses are provided and there are just 2 people waiting to travel.

In these days when every £ matters, you can't really waste resources just hoping that people might travel.

In the 70s or 80s WMPTE laid on services from Stourbridge - Villa Park/The Hawthorns (think there were others from other towns but they weren't that popular and were soon discontinued.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk