News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 17, 2021, 10:14:01 PM
Do Johnson's sell like an all day ticket for their own network including X20?
Unfortunately not, only local Warwickshire/Stratford/Solihull & Coventry tickets.

Kevin

They used to, bought one about 3 years ago when I came down to Banbury the slow way on the bus to view places to move to. Messaged Johnsons on Facebook at the time to ask about it because I saw mention of it on the website, and they confirmed it existed. The driver on the day selling it took ages to find it and none of the other drivers I showed it to had heard of it.

Can't find mention of it anymore so I guess they quietly discontinued, but they do a "Warwickshire" day ticket still. Worth asking them direct.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Justin Tyme

In fact, yes they do!  It is £11 adult, and is valid on all Johnsons bus services.  I last bought one in August - I find it's best to ask the driver for an "£11 day ticket".

Unfortunately all mention of it fell off the website some time ago, but it definitely is still available.  The price may be relatively high, but it is worth it for a day round trip to Banbury (or Moreton-in-Marsh) and back.

Trident 4194

Shame that the deckers don't seem to be used on the X20 or Banbury services that much. Seems they are dominant on the P&R and 2 service. I know a decker comes off p&R at end of day and runs an x20 service. Also seems they are good at allocating the exact same vehicle to the exact same board every day

B61 ANDREW

I guess different route have different loadings at different times. Operators have to juggle vehicles accordingly. I guess I could wait for ages to see one of the Optare deckers on the S83 !!

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 30, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
Shame that the deckers don't seem to be used on the X20 or Banbury services that much. Seems they are dominant on the P&R and 2 service. I know a decker comes off p&R at end of day and runs an x20 service. Also seems they are good at allocating the exact same vehicle to the exact same board every day

Deckers regularly down here in Banbury. One does the school 76X (former X7) service most days, which are the only really busy journeys

Kevin

Quote from: Justin Tyme on October 18, 2021, 03:36:48 PM
In fact, yes they do!  It is £11 adult, and is valid on all Johnsons bus services.  I last bought one in August - I find it's best to ask the driver for an "£11 day ticket"....

Can confirm, yes they do, bought one yesterday. Driver took a minute to find it on the ticket machine but he was vaguely aware something like it existed. Still £11

saiwah007

Whittles have Ford HF67YGE, when did they get this?
Not sure if its a van for staff or a minibus?
Does it have a fleet number?

Have they still got any Johnson's vehicles at their depot?

bewdley5

seen several johnsons vehicles  around my home this last couple of weeks,  there is a school around  the corner so they may have been some school trips. I see in  the  n&p dated 12/11/21  whittles  have had there vehicle  allocatio  put to 17.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: saiwah007 on November 11, 2021, 11:40:27 PM
Whittles have Ford HF67YGE, when did they get this?
Not sure if its a van for staff or a minibus?

It was advertsed on "e-bay" earlier in the year !

DD12

Quote from: bewdley5 on November 15, 2021, 01:01:39 AM
seen several johnsons vehicles  around my home this last couple of weeks,  there is a school around  the corner so they may have been some school trips. I see in  the  n&p dated 12/11/21  whittles  have had there vehicle  allocatio  put to 17.

Can anyone tell me how many vehicles Whittles were allowed previously, please ?

bewdley5

there current fleet numbers 11

Tony

Quote from: DD12 on November 15, 2021, 02:14:45 PM
Can anyone tell me how many vehicles Whittles were allowed previously, please ?

Their previous authorisation was 13

B61 ANDREW

As recent as 2004 they had a license for 54 vehicles , whether they actually operated that number was of course another matter.   

Justin Tyme

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 15, 2021, 09:29:53 PM
As recent as 2004 they had a license for 54 vehicles , whether they actually operated that number was of course another matter.

They probably did.  Whittles was quite a large independent operator for many years, and ran buses as well as coaches until shortly before Johnsons bought the (coaching) remains of the business from East Yorkshire in 2015.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk