News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

October Changes

Started by 2206, September 28, 2023, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on November 05, 2023, 06:22:25 PMExtending the 19 might have involved adding an extra bus, which would then in turn make it unviable even with subsidy.

Gorleston Road was fine on my journey today, just needs those new bus stops to be installed for those passengers who previously boarded at the bottom ends of Langstone Road and Arlington Road to use.
Given TfWM's track record, you're looking at 3 months+ (and that's when the flagpole was already there!)

SO6597

Quote from: Jack on November 05, 2023, 04:04:18 PMHow does the 2's new route work? Is it a one  way loop or does it come back on itself?

It sounds confusing and if they was so bothered about keeping Glenavon Road served they should have left the 27. Also has Glenavon Road ever had Deckers serve it before now?

I'm surprised that the 27's section of route was incorporated into the 2, sure they could extended the 19 from Maypole to YW depot...
The 69 served Glenavon Road for many years and this was mainly double decker.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on November 05, 2023, 02:55:41 PMFirst things first, if the revised 2 is intended to replace the withdrawn part of the 27, the timetable hasn't been properly thought out as on Sundays, the 27 is timed to arrive at the bus garage after the 2 has been and gone! Meaning passengers changing from the 27 then have about a 25min wait!
I sent in some suggestion/feedback about this 'anomaly' to NX Bus, basically to suggest retiming the 27 so it gets to Yardley Wood bus depot ahead of the 2, allowing easy continuation of journey for those intending to go on to Maypole.

A month later, and I get the following bizarre response back, almost as if someone hasn't really absorbed or understood what I suggested.

QuoteThank you for your recent feedback received on 5 November 2023. I am very sorry for the delay in your response. 

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced with our 27 service from Yardley Wood Bus Station. I can certainly appreciate your concerns.

I have asked the manager at the operating garage who has confirmed the 27 service is scheduled to leave Yardley Wood at 12:31 and the next bus is out at 13:03. This service is due to terminate at Yardley Wood at 12:09, 12:39 and then 13:09. In terms of updating bus stop information, I will need you to kindly contact Travel for West Midlands (TfWM) as they are in charge of bus shelter and bus timetables. We will however monitor the service over the coming weeks and I can assure you that steps will be taken to improve the service.

And yes, I'm fully aware that passengers could just change at Haunch Lane, but this is less convenient for the elderly or infirm, who have to walk around the corner and then attempt to cross Yardley Wood Road to get to the nearest stop for the 2.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Stu on December 06, 2023, 07:29:56 PMThank you for your recent feedback received on 5 November 2023. I am very sorry for the delay in your response. 

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced with our 27 service from Yardley Wood Bus Station. I can certainly appreciate your concerns.

I have asked the manager at the operating garage who has confirmed the 27 service is scheduled to leave Yardley Wood at 12:31 and the next bus is out at 13:03. This service is due to terminate at Yardley Wood at 12:09, 12:39 and then 13:09. In terms of updating bus stop information, I will need you to kindly contact Travel for West Midlands (TfWM) as they are in charge of bus shelter and bus timetables. We will however monitor the service over the coming weeks and I can assure you that steps will be taken to improve the service.
What an abysmal response from Customer Relations at National Express West Midlands.

Firstly, it must be me but as yet Yardley Wood does not have a bus station, unless it is one of these imaginary projects Rishi Sunak was coming up with at the Tory conference a couple of months ago.

Secondly there is no such organisation as "Travel for West Midlands".  There is of course Transport for West Midlands, who are in charge in of bus shelters (plural as they own rather more than one).  It is probably news to TfWM they are in charge of timetables, because as we know unless it is a subsidised route or journey, its down to the operator in the current unfranchised set up to create a timetable for a service and the route.

NXWM of course previously traded as Travel West Midlands, so using the phrase "Travel for West Midlands" in a response is only going to lead to confusion.  Surely if a matter in a letter relates to an issue within the purview of TfWM surely it would be easier to refer the matter to them and say you've done so.  Of course TfWM could rename to something completely different to stand out from bus operators of the past.  I hear the name "Centro" is available.

Makes me wonder what training on the West Midlands bus and public transport system is provided to the staff who compose these responses, as it is clearly not up to standard when e-mails come back like this.

If NXWM Customer Relations want some training for staff to improve the quality of their written responses I'm sure for a price it could be arranged.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk