News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Buses Order 2017

Started by Jay, March 20, 2017, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: Gareth on September 28, 2017, 12:42:10 PM
You never need to ask that question. When there's news, it'll be posted. If it hasn't then there's no news.
No news it is then if the latest edition of a certain bus magazine is anything to go by. A quick scan revealed nothing about NXWM. Plenty of bits and pieces about the other major operators and 'London' of course but NXWM nothing. Is there really nothing happening in West Midlands or have NX signed the official secrets act?

Tony

Quote from: RW on September 28, 2017, 02:15:56 PM
No news it is then if the latest edition of a certain bus magazine is anything to go by. A quick scan revealed nothing about NXWM. Plenty of bits and pieces about the other major operators and 'London' of course but NXWM nothing. Is there really nothing happening in West Midlands or have NX signed the official secrets act?

The reason there is no fleet news in Buses magazine is the month that they are publishing what happened in July, and all that happened in July was 753 WB-WN; 812 WN-WB and buses magazine doesn't do transfers

Westy

Quote from: Tony on September 28, 2017, 02:21:14 PM
The reason there is no fleet news in Buses magazine is the month that they are publishing what happened in July, and all that happened in July was 753 WB-WN; 812 WN-WB and buses magazine doesn't do transfers

Don't they list transfers inter-group, eg Dundee to WM, Diamond NW to Diamond WM?

Stevo

I heard today that there will be no new vehicles this year due to a spending freeze. A rumour?

Quote from: Stevo on October 08, 2017, 09:14:36 PM
I heard today that there will be no new vehicles this year due to a spending freeze. A rumour?
It was said an order had been placed and new buses are due at the end of the year?
Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2017, 11:29:07 AM
An order has been placed with delivery at the end of the year, but you'll have to wait until the official announcement tofind out what and where for
Are they still due at the end of the year?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on October 08, 2017, 09:18:08 PM
It was said an order had been placed and new buses are due at the end of the year?Are they still due at the end of the year?

New buses will arrive before Christmas

paulb1973

Are NXWM still keeping to the purchase of 500 ADL buses (125 each year from 2015 to 2018 in theory). I assume they are - but the time span of deliveries might be stretched a bit further!

paulb1973

Just to add to the above, on my own notes I have this: Additional orders: 10 x Wright HEV96 gyro drive Hybrids in 2017 followed by 19 x Electric buses and 22 x Fuel Cell in 2018. Are NXWM still committed to purchasing these? If so, I presume these are separate to the aforementioned 38 Hybrids ordered for 2017/18.

winston

Quote from: paulb1973 on October 09, 2017, 03:46:42 PM
Just to add to the above, on my own notes I have this: Additional orders: 10 x Wright HEV96 gyro drive Hybrids in 2017 followed by 19 x Electric buses and 22 x Fuel Cell in 2018. Are NXWM still committed to purchasing these? If so, I presume these are separate to the aforementioned 38 Hybrids ordered for 2017/18.

Looking at the new Bus Alliance deliverables, the Electric & Hydrogen Fuel Cell trials have been put back two years:

11. By May 2020, we will pilot zero emission   buses (such as electric or hydrogen) on at   least two corridors.

paulb1973

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2017, 11:12:15 PM
Looking at the new Bus Alliance deliverables, the Electric & Hydrogen Fuel Cell trials have been put back two years:

11. By May 2020, we will pilot zero emission   buses (such as electric or hydrogen) on at   least two corridors.

On the back-burner perhaps then! That ADL order also called for another 50 buses for Dundee - but I can't imagine anything like that amount will ever reach XD.

winston

Quote from: paulb1973 on October 10, 2017, 11:31:07 PM
On the back-burner perhaps then! That ADL order also called for another 50 buses for Dundee - but I can't imagine anything like that amount will ever reach XD.

Looks that way, which is pretty much the norm for Birmingham, you have thought the Bus Alliance may have brought greater improvements sooner, especially with Birmingham bidding for the Commonwealth Games.

It appears that the majority of the NX group investment for 2017 is paying for the new ticket machines, hence why the useful lives of the B7TL/ALX400 & certain Tridents has been extended with the fitting of Euro 6 upgrades, but no refurbs. I assume the larger new bus orders may recommence in 2018?

With the fall in Dundee's profits, I think they'll be lucky to get even 5 new buses, let alone 50.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk