News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Buses Order 2017

Started by Jay, March 20, 2017, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolves256

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-awards-30-million-funding-for-cleaner-greener-bus-journeys

West Midlands Travel, which has been awarded more than £3 million to fund 10 hybrid and 19 fully electric buses, and install electric charging facilities

Birmingham City Council and Transport for London, which has jointly won £2.8 million for 42 state-of-the-art hydrogen fuel cell buses

paulb1973

Quote from: Wolves256 on August 05, 2017, 12:24:40 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-awards-30-million-funding-for-cleaner-greener-bus-journeys

West Midlands Travel, which has been awarded more than £3 million to fund 10 hybrid and 19 fully electric buses, and install electric charging facilities

Birmingham City Council and Transport for London, which has jointly won £2.8 million for 42 state-of-the-art hydrogen fuel cell buses

That article is dated July last year - so we already know about that, but it doesn't seem anything will be arriving just yet. Maybe the end of the year or 2018.

karl724223

We got brand new state of the art ticket machines coming what more do you want

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on August 05, 2017, 06:33:07 PM

Your a bit slow though!

karl724223

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 05, 2017, 07:22:16 PM

Your a bit slow though!
Quote from: karl724223 on August 05, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
living up to your name I see

Can you both please grow up and quit the insulting?  >:(
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on August 05, 2017, 06:33:07 PM

I'm sure the passengers on the 51 plate B7TL/ALX400's with threadbare seats will love the fact it's got a state of the art ticket machine....

Westy

Well Diamond is in the same boat.

New ticket machines, fleet of various ages!

By the way,is the Nx machine going to use the same scanners & fareboxes already installed or not?

CL

Quote from: Westy on August 06, 2017, 12:37:51 AM

By the way,is the Nx machine going to use the same scanners & fareboxes already installed or not?
I do recall someone on the forum telling me the setup will differ from Diamond's; as a result, the farebox and ticket printer will not be rendered redundant.

Open to correction, but that is my understanding. :) @Westy
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

The new ticket machines use the same cash vaults, but everything else is new

mranon

so does this mean new printers which will make the ticket more readable? also will they be placed where the current ones are situated

D10

Quote from: mranon on August 06, 2017, 08:56:17 PM
so does this mean new printers which will make the ticket more readable? also will they be placed where the current ones are situated

They will have new printers, but not sure about positioning.

Wolves256

Is there any news on new buses?

Sayeed

More new buses to Harborne corridor? Hope so
Век живи - век учись

Gareth

Quote from: Wolves256 on September 19, 2017, 10:23:43 PM
Is there any news on new buses?

You never need to ask that question. When there's news, it'll be posted. If it hasn't then there's no news.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk