News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Buses Order 2017

Started by Jay, March 20, 2017, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on May 04, 2017, 10:48:12 PM
Winston-does that depend on who wins the said election?

Potentially, although TfWM are happy with the bus alliance routes, the new mayor could always throw a spanner in the works depending on their policies.

monkeyjoe

A tory Mayor that is a surprise, what does it mean then?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 05, 2017, 05:42:07 PM
A tory Mayor that is a surprise, what does it mean then?

It means we haven't got an idiot called Sion Simon who was spouting a lot of crap about buses, but hadn't got a clue what he was spouting about. Andy Street seems to be in favour of the partnership between TfWM and operators as now

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2017, 05:44:34 PM
It means we haven't got an idiot called Sion Simon who was spouting a lot of crap about buses, but hadn't got a clue what he was spouting about. Andy Street seems to be in favour of the partnership between TfWM and operators as now

Isn't that what all politicians are about? The new air pollution one makes me laugh. Heard something about getting rid of speed bumps?

monkeyjoe

Well not followed any of this and a bit off subject, thought I have to say although a Tory I guess he was responsible to bring major investment in the form of John Lewis Grand Central into Birmingham so can't be all bad.

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2017, 05:44:34 PM

Hopefully, the new Mayor will be in favour of more bus priorties, park & ride schemes and potentially even consider making some parts of the City Centre buses only to allow buses to get in/out much quicker.

markcf83

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 05, 2017, 06:11:10 PM
Well not followed any of this and a bit off subject, thought I have to say although a Tory I guess he was responsible to bring major investment in the form of John Lewis Grand Central into Birmingham so can't be all bad.

Given that he was the boss of John Lewis I suspect he did.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: markcf83 on May 05, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

Given that he was the boss of John Lewis I suspect he did.

That's why I wrote it.

Wolves256

When will NXWM announce the 2017 new bus orders?
Wasn't there supposed to be some gas or hybrid bused for the Hagley road corridor?
I assume as a minimum the Merc artics at Cov, Presidents at Dundee plus some of the earlier Tridents will need to be replaced

Stu

Quote from: Wolves256 on August 05, 2017, 09:35:11 AM
When will NXWM announce the 2017 new bus orders?
They will announce them when they're ready to announce them, that is assuming there actually will be any this year.

QuoteWasn't there supposed to be some gas or hybrid bused for the Hagley road corridor?

I can't find the article on the NX Bus website now, but I'm sure I read there that the hydrogen and electric buses won't be coming until next year (2018).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

@Stu - you are correct. The electric buses & hydrogen fuel cell buses weren't due until 2018. There were meant to be 10 x Gyro Drive Wright DD's due this year, these were announced with the above, I suspect these aren't happening now.

BK63 YWP

I would suspect that the new buses will be 67/18 plates as it seems according to Flickr that Stagecoach and Arriva have had a a lot of their deliveries and Wright's have been building Oxford, Stagecoach and London buses. I do not know what the capacity of number of vehicles that can be built in one sitting, but first Haven't had any new buses at the moment
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

An order has been placed with delivery at the end of the year, but you'll have to wait until the official announcement tofind out what and where for

Westy

Havent more emission zones been announced?

Depending on where the next one is, wouldnt that be a clue?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk