News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know whether the Lets Go 529 runs are well used? I believe it would run to county bridge as not in service anyway so there's nothing much to lose.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

I experienced the antics of one of their drivers on Thursday when I took 730 to Wolverhampton garage. Coming down Cannock Road he must have seen me behind in an E200 and presumed I was on the 11 service. There were 4 cars in between us. He stopped just before the traffic lights at Park Lane by the pedestrian crossing so no-one could get past him, then as soon as the lights at the junction went amber he roared off through the then red traffic light to make sure I was stuck at the red light

Westy

I noticed them on the timetable poster outside the Lock Museum in Willenhall.

The placing journey is timed at that stop at the same time as an NX journey.

I'd be surprised if they got many passengers.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Ian Hardy on August 16, 2020, 11:06:32 AM
At risk of going off topic, some comments:
1.   Are you suggesting that "U-turns" should become illegal for all vehicles or just buses? I cannot see taxis or pizza delivery mopeds accepting this rule.
2.   Would the ban be on all roads or just main roads and if just main roads how would you word the legislation to cover this, e.g. Coventry Road between Birmingham City FC's ground and Heybarnes Circus has the same road classification as a cul-de-sac, as it is not an A or a B class road?
3.   In North London, the 279 terminates at Manor House Station from the north, and then does a U-turn in Seven Sisters Road (A503) to return to Waltham Cross. There are no traffic lights or other special road markings or signs to warn other road users that this occurs. The 279 is not a minor route, it runs every 7-8 minutes with E400 double deckers. This part of the A503 has 3 other high frequency bus routes along it (253, 254 & 259). The side roads near Manor House station are unsuitable to be used to turn buses, the nearest alternative location to turn the buses would be Finsbury Park Station but there is nowhere for the buses to stand there and the extension would probably add 2 or 3 extra buses to the PVR. Who would pay for either the road layout modifications or the extra buses? The fact that there are very few incidents at this location says what would banning U-turns actually achieve apart from higher costs?

To answer  the questions.

1. To ban all traffic doing u-turns on major roads like the A503, Unless there is a dedicated turning circle.

2. With regards to the A503 and services along that road, do to me not knowing the layout of the road I couldn't comment, but if I was to aer there any other side road taround there that could be used as Istated I'd try and use left side road, right side road, right side road and right main road to get back onto the  return jrnys.

3. As with everything these days it would be the tax payer to brunt the cost of road layout infrastructure.  aid have to think about how it would be worded in the legalisation of it.

Busboy105

Quote from: Ian Hardy on August 16, 2020, 11:06:32 AM
At risk of going off topic, some comments:
1.   Are you suggesting that "U-turns" should become illegal for all vehicles or just buses? I cannot see taxis or pizza delivery mopeds accepting this rule.
2.   Would the ban be on all roads or just main roads and if just main roads how would you word the legislation to cover this, e.g. Coventry Road between Birmingham City FC's ground and Heybarnes Circus has the same road classification as a cul-de-sac, as it is not an A or a B class road?
3.   In North London, the 279 terminates at Manor House Station from the north, and then does a U-turn in Seven Sisters Road (A503) to return to Waltham Cross. There are no traffic lights or other special road markings or signs to warn other road users that this occurs. The 279 is not a minor route, it runs every 7-8 minutes with E400 double deckers. This part of the A503 has 3 other high frequency bus routes along it (253, 254 & 259). The side roads near Manor House station are unsuitable to be used to turn buses, the nearest alternative location to turn the buses would be Finsbury Park Station but there is nowhere for the buses to stand there and the extension would probably add 2 or 3 extra buses to the PVR. Who would pay for either the road layout modifications or the extra buses? The fact that there are very few incidents at this location says what would banning U-turns actually achieve apart from higher costs?
What about Newington Green for the 279? It could share the terminus with the 21. Yes it would add more buses to the route but it's safer than doing a U-Turn in the middle of Seven Sisters Road.

ellspurs

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 16, 2020, 11:14:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know whether the Lets Go 529 runs are well used? I believe it would run to county bridge as not in service anyway so there's nothing much to lose.

Whenever I've seen it coming out of Wolverhampton in the morning, it has had no passengers on it.

On the U-turn debate, I think the issue is that the Let's Go 11 was doing a U-turn on a road that wasn't separated with a central reservation. I think all of the other examples given have a central reservation on the road with an opening to perform a U-turn on it.

karl724223

If said bus had left the stop and a passenger has turned up after the bus has left  that passenger has missed that bus and should wait for the next one  the bus should not have u turned and gone back for the passenger  could it be deemed as off route doing the u turn

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 16, 2020, 09:40:32 AM
That's what I'm saying @Tony. If there's a dedicated u-turning circle to do u-turns in then I'm not disputing that cars, buses or whatever can do u-turns. I'm only saying if there isn't any places then cars, Buses or whatever shouldn't do u-turns as it's dangerous and illegal, unless a u-turn is done by pulling into a side road and then doing it.
Why have you brought this up again, despite being told numerous times it's not illegal, like Tony has said?  I really don't what to be reading pages and pages of off topic u turn debates.

Thank you!

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on August 16, 2020, 11:15:54 AM
I experienced the antics of one of their drivers on Thursday when I took 730 to Wolverhampton garage. Coming down Cannock Road he must have seen me behind in an E200 and presumed I was on the 11 service. There were 4 cars in between us. He stopped just before the traffic lights at Park Lane by the pedestrian crossing so no-one could get past him, then as soon as the lights at the junction went amber he roared off through the then red traffic light to make sure I was stuck at the red light

I've seen them pick up behind an NX 11 and speed off ahead of it. It's like they are desperate. Their tickets are cheaper aren't they?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Pat

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 17, 2020, 04:55:09 PM
I've seen them pick up behind an NX 11 and speed off ahead of it. It's like they are desperate. Their tickets are cheaper aren't they?
Yes, £2 single

mranon

welcome to our world tony, they often do it, usually the lights by raynor rd/bushbury lane, park lane as mentioned

karl724223

Looks like a midibuses is doing morning and afternoon tram extras for social distancing doing Stourbridge bus station to train station and back
Correct can't think where I got travel express  from
Yes Banga

Solo1

Quote from: karl724223 on September 09, 2020, 09:26:30 PM
Looks like a midibuses is doing morning and afternoon tram extras for social distancing doing Stourbridge bus station to train station and back
banga is doing it Mon-fri peaks only Banga buses are doing a temporary shuttle service between Stourbridge junction and Stourbridge bus station, between 7AM - 10AM and 3PM - 6PM Monday to Friday only, it's mainly to help with the over flow of collage kids etc
Post taken from Facebook.

mranon

Looks like the death sentence for the old red darts has started to fall. Only t580jtd x292abu and cx03ebj clinging on to a full day's work. All the other buses out now are e200s.

Pat

Quote from: mranon on November 14, 2020, 09:32:23 AM
Looks like the death sentence for the old red darts has started to fall. Only t580jtd x292abu and cx03ebj clinging on to a full day's work. All the other buses out now are e200s.
Yes, they have been the only ones out.  2 of them, mainly ABU & JTD, are always on the 1 with EBJ on the 11.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk