News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

47 horrible urban 90 seats wedged into an old vibrating dart,  looks like LM are trying to find the worst possible bus for rail replacement to make their trains look good.

Bob

Are the cannock to brum trains running tomorrow tony?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 23, 2013, 06:22:01 PM
Are the cannock to brum trains running tomorrow tony?

No trains until Tuesday while they switch all the new signalling on

JIM H

The centre 2 cars of 350110 have been painted gray, car 66820 has 'QUICKER JOURNEYS TO LONDON' on the side
and 66870 has 'FASTER TRAIN JOURNEYS'. The gray paint has been partially extended onto the driving cars.

Bob

I need to get the (roughly ) 7pm ish one from cannock to brum tomorrow will there be a replacement bus running?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 23, 2013, 07:57:41 PM
I need to get the (roughly ) 7pm ish one from cannock to brum tomorrow will there be a replacement bus running?

Yes, but you will have to leave about 30 min earlier and change onto a train at Tame Bridge (or get off in Walsall and catch the X51)

Bob

Are they running 30mins earlierfrom cannock then?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 23, 2013, 08:27:48 PM
Are they running 30mins earlierfrom cannock then?

Buses are leaving Cannock at xx.15 and xx.45 from 06:15 taking 23 minutes to get to Walsall and 42 minutes to Tame Bridge, ie arriving at ..07 & xx.37. Trains leave Tame Bridge at xx.07 & xx.37! I hope they are waiting for the buses!

Tony

I chose the X51 to get into work this morning, 4128 was my bus, here it is in Cannock Bus Station in yet another livery variation for its history
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4128.html

Bob

I best see if I can find a timetable as the evening journeys run at slightly different times and are hourly I think?

Bob

Any extra passengers with the trains runnimg as they were?

Ash

Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2013, 05:33:16 PM
47 horrible urban 90 seats wedged into an old vibrating dart,  looks like LM are trying to find the worst possible bus for rail replacement to make their trains look good.

47 seats for about 100 people wanting to get on the bus, the one bus leaving today for Walsall a central buses dart was rammed to the door surely double deckers from someone like NXWM would be more ideal. If the bus goes the right way there would be no low bridges between Tame Bridge and Walsall.

Tony

Quote from: Ash on August 23, 2013, 10:00:03 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 23, 2013, 05:33:16 PM

47 seats for about 100 people wanting to get on the bus, the one bus leaving today for Walsall a central buses dart was rammed to the door surely double deckers from someone like NXWM would be more ideal. If the bus goes the right way there would be no low bridges between Tame Bridge and Walsall.

Green Bus did have deckers on there including a couple of the latest Spectras. I saw the Central dart arrive at Walsall rammed while I was sat waiting on this uncomfortable heap http://wmbusphotos.com/otherWarks/J60TJT.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk