News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

The photo of 7507 on the main site shows it parked at BC. On the wall behind it there's a sign saying 'hybrid bus parking only'. May I ask why the hybrids need their own parking area?

AndrewLee

Quote from: Gareth on July 10, 2019, 02:41:07 PM
The photo of 7507 on the main site shows it parked at BC. On the wall behind it there's a sign saying 'hybrid bus parking only'. May I ask why the hybrids need their own parking area?

Can't think why! They were always parked inside the garage apart from a short spell parking up Adderly St. They always seem to be under cover again now...

I think I read on here somewhere that a Streetlite/E200 does one of the PM peak journeys on the 10 into Birmingham City Centre sometimes?
Is this still the case? And does anyone know which journeys it does on the 10?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2206 on July 11, 2019, 08:07:21 PM
I think I read on here somewhere that a Streetlite/E200 does one of the PM peak journeys on the 10 into Birmingham City Centre sometimes?
Is this still the case? And does anyone know which journeys it does on the 10?

Only one of them does. 10S/01. Finishes the 10S at 15:55 (Quinton), runs private to Four Dwellings School to take up a 10 at 16:26, arr. Colmore Row 17:00. Does the 17:05 & 18:30 departures.

10/01 covers one trip on the 10 at 15:35 from Colmore Row after coming off the 10H. It goes back to depot upon arrival at Four Dwellings.

10/02 is the other bus that comes off the 10H and covers as the other bus on the afternoon 10.

BK63 YWP

How is the 10 fairing now back in NX hands, I seems like a good alternative to Hagley Road services to Quinton
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 11, 2019, 08:56:38 PM
How is the 10 fairing now back in NX hands, I seems like a good alternative to Hagley Road services to Quinton

Not good from my experience

Sh4318

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 11, 2019, 08:56:38 PM

It's a route that has been dying the slowest of deaths. I'm surprised it's still around to be honest.

The 24 is the most convenient Harley Road alternative into Quinton
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 11, 2019, 10:05:10 PM
It's a route that has been dying the slowest of deaths. I'm surprised it's still around to be honest.

The 10H takes a long winded route after Harborne through the QE, University, Edgbaston and Ladywood.
Not a very convenient route from Quinton. Never looks very well patronised when I see it, the 2 I saw in Edgbaston today were completely empty. The hourly frequency, isn't convenient either.

The areas the 10H serves between Harborne/QE and City Centre are mostly all well served by other routes at high frequencies, X20/X21/X22, 23/24, Hagley Road and 80.
Quote from: Nathan on July 11, 2019, 08:46:48 PM
Only one of them does. 10S/01. Finishes the 10S at 15:55 (Quinton), runs private to Four Dwellings School to take up a 10 at 16:26, arr. Colmore Row 17:00. Does the 17:05 & 18:30 departures.

10/01 covers one trip on the 10 at 15:35 from Colmore Row after coming off the 10H. It goes back to depot upon arrival at Four Dwellings.

10/02 is the other bus that comes off the 10H and covers as the other bus on the afternoon 10.
Thankyou for the info.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sayeed

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 11, 2019, 10:05:10 PM

It would've survived if it was reliable. 

If the bus stop positioned on to the 23/24 stop at Colmore Row, it would've have made difference with the passenger loading.

iGo managed the whole 10 routes well, I don't how NX managed to mishandle them. Since the takeover, I've caught 10 route once in the evening, luckily and it wasn't even on time, and I was the only one in the bus from Broad St to West Boulevard/Quinton Rd West. It broke my personal record, took me there just under 15 minutes. After that, I given up waiting for over 20 minutes.
Век живи - век учись

sonic84

I think the 10H and 10 routes need to be integrated more with the 23 and 24 in Birmingham.

The 10H should follow the same loop as the 23/24 and have the same stops. The 10 should use the same stops at Colmore Row and exiting the city.

The 10 should be a popular route as it is by far the quickest route to Quinton from the city at peak times. I would have expected it to get busier under NXWM.  Perhaps the fact that it no longer uses Quinton Road West is an issue and it should be reinstated along there rather that using Highfield Lane and Simmons Drive.

The 10H I believe the change of route via the QE has made it a much less attractive option if going end to end. Those in Quinton already have the more established 19 (244). The 10H hourly frequency can't help either. I would cut the QE diversion out and run them route as it was before.

What are loadings on the 10S like and is the extension to Northfield well used?

MasterPlan

Something surely has to be done with these routes at some point as they can't be viable as they are now. I agree with the integration with the 23 and 24 but I'd say the 10H rather than the 10 as it goes to Harborne anyway and could probably become a 25.
But either way these routes need disecting and covered elsewhere really.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

sonic84

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 12, 2019, 07:32:51 AM
Something surely has to be done with these routes at some point as they can't be viable as they are now. I agree with the integration with the 23 and 24 but I'd say the 10H rather than the 10 as it goes to Harborne anyway and could probably become a 25.
But either way these routes need disecting and covered elsewhere really.

Having caught the 10H today from Birmingham it picked up a family of three on broad street who go off at the old Punch Bowl round about and 4 people at the swimming baths who stayed on until Tesco.

I was surprised no one got on or off at the QE until I realised the the 10H and 10S are timed to leave the QE towards Quinton at the same time as the 19. Although the routes are different a combined 15 minute frequency with the 19 leaving the QE might improve passenger numbers.

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on July 13, 2019, 09:16:22 PM
Having caught the 10H today from Birmingham it picked up a family of three on broad street who go off at the old Punch Bowl round about and 4 people at the swimming baths who stayed on until Tesco.

I was surprised no one got on or off at the QE until I realised the the 10H and 10S are timed to leave the QE towards Quinton at the same time as the 19. Although the routes are different a combined 15 minute frequency with the 19 leaving the QE might improve passenger numbers.

Agreed that is a bit stupid. The 48 only leaves 5 minutes after too!! The 19 is nearly always going to get more passengers than the 10H as it arrives before and starts boarding before the 10H does, especially when majority of time it seems to be late

Jack

Talking of tendered services: I saw 4939 on the 36 a few times today on Stratford Road and in Acocks Green, it carried no more than a few people. The route could easily use a SWB like the former operators did. Also it would go better if more people knew about the service then it would be better patronised. Another thing is why are BC operating it when stops yards away from
AG? Dead mileage?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 13, 2019, 09:29:07 PM
Talking of tendered services: I saw 4939 on the 36 a few times today on Stratford Road and in Acocks Green, it carried no more than a few people. The route could easily use a SWB like the former operators did. Also it would go better if more people knew about the service then it would be better patronised. Another thing is why are BC operating it when stops yards away from
AG? Dead mileage?

And where would those swb come from.  Don't you think I  would havevallicated minis if there were any.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk