News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

28 / 28A ideas

Started by bususer28, December 22, 2020, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

If TfWM are going to make changes here they will aim to maintain all the local links to/from Heartlands Hospital in a cost effective manner such as...

Combining the 53 between Smiths Wood and Heartlands with the 28A between Heartlands and Small Heath, Arthur St.

An extension of the 36 from Heartlands to Alum Rock Rd / Saltley (possibly including some nearby un-served roads) replacing this section of the 53 - this will enable a clock faced headway for the 36.  There is no obvious need for this to go all the way to the City Centre.

BBS

Quote from: JPC on December 27, 2020, 07:35:51 PM
If TfWM are going to make changes here they will aim to maintain all the local links to/from Heartlands Hospital in a cost effective manner such as...

Combining the 53 between Smiths Wood and Heartlands with the 28A between Heartlands and Small Heath, Arthur St.

An extension of the 36 from Heartlands to Alum Rock Rd / Saltley (possibly including some nearby un-served roads) replacing this section of the 53 - this will enable a clock faced headway for the 36.  There is no obvious need for this to go all the way to the City Centre.
I did hear the claribels were going to extend the 36 to ward end. But yeah more people will use the 36 if it goes to Alum rock Road.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steveminor

Really where did you hear that as we have NO plans to extend the 36 to Ward End

ellspurs

Quote from: Steveminor on December 29, 2020, 08:37:12 AM

It'll be just like when the 36C used to terminate at the bingo hall. It could then go in that "routes that were withdrawn and then reinstated" thread.

Oh, they removed the bingo hall and put a gym there.

BBS

Quote from: Steveminor on December 29, 2020, 08:37:12 AM
A driver was saying that like a few months ago. Unsure now.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Gareth

Quote from: bbs on December 30, 2020, 01:14:41 PM
A driver was saying that like a few months ago. Unsure now.

You don't need to be unsure, Steve has confirmed that Claribels are not extending the route.

Stu

Quote from: JPC on December 27, 2020, 07:35:51 PM

A lot of people have commented here already, but I will agree with what you say.

If anyone can come up with ideas that will improve these services, without incurring additional costs (ie using more buses), then I'm sure that TfWM would be willing to listen.

What I would like to see more of is input from passengers who actually use or rely on these routes to get to where they need to go, not just 'enthusiasts who fancy a nice bus ride'.

The specification for these routes operated under contract is determined by TfWM, I don't think it is the case that operators can just make changes 'on a whim', unless they have been agreed with and are of benefit to TfWM (ie saving the authority money).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk