News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

26th January Changes

Started by notepanel, December 05, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Rerouting the 82 back to previous seems very odd to me, guessing there's a reason but seems to inconvenience more people to me.

On a side note, the route change on the X51 in the city centre is advertised on a poster on the bus this morning as starting on the 5th!
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on December 30, 2013, 07:55:38 AM
Rerouting the 82 back to previous seems very odd to me, guessing there's a reason but seems to inconvenience more people to me.

On a side note, the route change on the X51 in the city centre is advertised on a poster on the bus this morning as starting on the 5th!

The X51 change is on the list of changes from the 5th:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/05January2014.aspx

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Thanks for that Kevin :) I have just realise that was part of the 5th January Changes. Sorry for that

domino.99

What is the point in putting the 82 back on its old route yes it may be a few minutes late every so often but, well quite often i suppose, but its still better going the other way in my opinion

P419 EJW

Well, my speculation would be that people didn't like going through scruffy Heath Town, or bus drivers may not like stopping the bus before turning right in Deans Road. I noticed the buses are a bit big to fit in the right side lane. No idea what is the real reason of re-routing.

On that note, I am pleased it is being re-routed. I prefer the old route than going through Heath Town.

SMK

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 30, 2013, 11:59:28 AM
Well, my speculation would be that people didn't like going through scruffy Heath Town
I'd rather go through Heath Town than the urban wasteland/decay of Lower/Horseley Fields.
I'd hazard a guess that NX were making more money along the old route than the current one.
Or maybe they don't like Banga having a monopoly along the Deansfield Road.  ;D
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

mranon

maybe its got something to do with reliability especially rush hour peaks. its common to hear the inspectors radioing drivers to find out where they are and the delays. the section of deans rd from the railway bridge to wolverhampton lights is notorious for being traffic logged especially with people using the old heath road rat run. the amount of times its being late/people complaining being late for work or connections maybe why they have reverted it back the old route?

if only buses could jump the traffic queues lol

Trident 4609

Well, my speculation would be that people didn't like going through scruffy Heath Town, or bus drivers may not like stopping the bus before turning right in Deans Road. I noticed the buses are a bit big to fit in the right side lane. No idea what is the real reason of re-routing.

On that note, I am pleased it is being re-routed. I prefer the old route than going through Heath Town.

I really don't think the 82 would be rerouted away from Heath Town because passengers don't like the look of it. As said above its mainly to do with unreliability on Wednesfield Red especially at Peak Time

P419 EJW

Quote from: SMK on January 01, 2014, 07:07:01 AM
Well, my speculation would be that people didn't like going through scruffy Heath Town
1) I'd rather go through Heath Town than the urban wasteland/decay of Lower/Horseley Fields.
2) I'd hazard a guess that NX were making more money along the old route than the current one.
Or maybe they don't like Banga having a monopoly along the Deansfield Road.  ;D

1) That is your opinion.
2) Maybe.

Quote from: Nathan on January 01, 2014, 12:05:23 PM

I really don't think the 82 would be rerouted away from Heath Town because passengers don't like the look of it. As said above its mainly to do with unreliability on Wednesfield Red especially at Peak Time

It may seem that my speculation would be invalid but I don't know exactly how NXWM work with their route alterations. I may concur with mranon with the reliability issue.

davey

Will the 82 warrant a stand change in wolverhampton bus station as it will be leaving via the exit onto pipers row?

What makes me smile in these times of constant route tweaks are how routes seem to come full circle, 544 renumbered, rerouted to only return to almost the same with a different number. Others like the 238/289 jump to mind, 333/40...
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

Trident 4609

Quote from: davey on January 01, 2014, 04:13:13 PM
Will the 82 warrant a stand change in wolverhampton bus station as it will be leaving via the exit onto pipers row?

What makes me smile in these times of constant route tweaks are how routes seem to come full circle, 544 renumbered, rerouted to only return to almost the same with a different number. Others like the 238/289 jump to mind, 333/40...

Why would it need a stand change? Plenty of buses on that side of the station exit onto Pipers Row

Westy

Quote from: davey on January 01, 2014, 04:13:13 PM

Dunno about 333/40 but apart from Clarkes Lane & Deansfield, doesn't it nearly match a 1980's 531?

pb2012

PD0001111/56 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Park Street and Willenhall, Union Street given service number 40/41 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

John

Quote from: pb2012 on January 03, 2014, 06:37:32 PM
PD0001111/56 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Walsall, Park Street and Willenhall, Union Street given service number 40/41 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

The 40 is amended to serve Clarkes Lane and Portobello estate

Bob

Quote from: Stu on December 30, 2013, 08:01:12 AM

The X51 change is on the list of changes from the 5th:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/05January2014.aspx

Anyone noticed the error on that list.. X56 Birmingham-CANNOCK via Streetly?? If only lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk