News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: James4368 on November 22, 2019, 05:46:25 PM
YX69 NUC was out on A10 today.

Is it by any chance replacing YX63 ZXM which use to the allocated bus for A10?

Landflight have always said that they intend to be 100% Euro 6 by 2020. I recall it being mentioned that the YX16 Enviro would be converted to Euro 6. Based on that logic, I'd assume the remaining 3 Classic versions to be replaced with new shorter examples due to the A10/A12 being fairly tight routes. Maybe @Matt.N0056 can confirm.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: MW on November 22, 2019, 11:26:22 PM
Landflight have always said that they intend to be 100% Euro 6 by 2020. I recall it being mentioned that the YX16 Enviro would be converted to Euro 6. Based on that logic, I'd assume the remaining 3 Classic versions to be replaced with new shorter examples due to the A10/A12 being fairly tight routes. Maybe @Matt.N0056 can confirm.

Correct! All 3 in service today, NUC/E on A12 & NUF on A10

Solo1

A post on facebook has the 2 blue enviros 13 reg as for sale cant find the post on face book & the 63 reg envrio has gone to Travel express T/A lets Go in wolverhampton

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on January 01, 2020, 05:24:55 PM
A post on facebook has the 2 blue enviros 13 reg as for sale cant find the post on face book & the 63 reg envrio has gone to Travel express T/A lets Go in wolverhampton

@Solo1 - Chartwell have them for sale:
https://chartwellbussales.co.uk/buses_details.php?bus=160

Bus Man K2

Removal of Sunday service on service A3. New timetable now available here https://www.landflight.co.uk/bus-services/.

Matt.N0056

LandFlight now accepting contactless payment!

JPC

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 12, 2020, 09:53:18 PM
LandFlight now accepting contactless payment!

Hi @Matt.N0056 do you have any further information on this? How does it work etc, just so I can update my website.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on January 28, 2020, 08:12:59 PM
Hi @Matt.N0056 do you have any further information on this? How does it work etc, just so I can update my website.

Hi Stu,

It's not tap&go/capped like NXWM which means any ticket or number of tickets can be brought using contactless card/Apple Pay/google pay. Pretty much the same as Diamond's

the trainbasher

If I'm honest the Ticketer designed solution for contactless is better as it promotes the purchase of multi op/period tickets.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bus Man K2

Hi all

Can anybody please confirm where the terminus is for the A4 at Inkford Brook is correct. As I think it should be further down the road (where the 150 is mentioned after the junction of Chapel  Lane)?

Thanks

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on June 04, 2020, 10:13:35 AM
Hi all

Can anybody please confirm where the terminus is for the A4 at Inkford Brook is correct. As I think it should be further down the road (where the 150 is mentioned after the junction of Chapel  Lane)?

Thanks

You are correct.  Inkford Brook is a bit further down the Alcester Road, in fact just south of where the map background changes colour from light green to dark green.  The bus stop and layover point is on the slip road immediately after Barkers Lane.  Buses then do a U turn at the junction with Watery Lane (going under the A435 Alcester Road, which is on a flyover at that point), then use Alcester Road northbound and Hill Lane to Chapel Lane.  Buses have a few minutes' layover at Inkford, but passengers can travel through to Wythall Church.

Wythall Transport Museum buses travelling to the museum actually follow the same route from Wythall roundabout (aka Becketts Island).

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 04, 2020, 10:18:04 PM
You are correct.  Inkford Brook is a bit further down the Alcester Road, in fact just south of where the map background changes colour from light green to dark green.  The bus stop and layover point is on the slip road immediately after Barkers Lane.  Buses then do a U turn at the junction with Watery Lane (going under the A435 Alcester Road, which is on a flyover at that point), then use Alcester Road northbound and Hill Lane to Chapel Lane.  Buses have a few minutes' layover at Inkford, but passengers can travel through to Wythall Church.

Wythall Transport Museum buses travelling to the museum actually follow the same route from Wythall roundabout (aka Becketts Island).

Hi Justin

Thanks for that info so the current terminus is wrong, as I suspected. I'll try to get it rectified no promise though! 😁

Regards

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on October 16, 2020, 08:15:49 PM
A10 will be extended to Chelmsley Wood next week from 26th October.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_GEOOBJECT_REQUEST?language=en&command=bothDirections&line=cen:38A10:%20:H:y11:13:5::1:5&hideBannerInfo=1&coordOutputFormat=MRCV

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=38A10&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA03_63305828&lineVer=5&itdLPxx_spTr=5&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=SIL

Replacing Diamond 91A/91C.

Have Landflight got a small enough bus to do the turnaround on Digby Drive? I'm sure I remember that Central Connect used to use one of those short buses, but most of what I've seen on route in the past (when it was the 676) were minibuses.

Also your two links refer to the A10 and S10. They need to update things properly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk