News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: ellspurs on October 17, 2020, 09:04:48 AM
Have Landflight got a small enough bus to do the turnaround on Digby Drive? I'm sure I remember that Central Connect used to use one of those short buses, but most of what I've seen on route in the past (when it was the 676) were minibuses.

Also your two links refer to the A10 and S10. They need to update things properly.

Diamond used Darts and Solos on the 91A/C before the Mellors, and there's a photo of a Central Buses E200 on the route too on Flickr. Landflight's E200s should be fine, especially considering they have the three 69 plate ones that are shorter than the rest.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 17, 2020, 11:54:40 AM
Diamond used Darts and Solos on the 91A/C before the Mellors, and there's a photo of a Central Buses E200 on the route too on Flickr. Landflight's E200s should be fine, especially considering they have the three 69 plate ones that are shorter than the rest.
Diamond have used E200 on there in the past, I've seen one at Marston Green myself.
Diamond do still use Solos on the 91A/91C. @John has a picture of 20058 on there yesterday and there is also interworking with that route and the 25 (Ward End - Erdington) and other routes, as 20058 was also on the 25 yesterday as I saw it on there at the Fox and Goose at 3PM, which does the last round trip of the day on a weekday.

The tracking also shows an E200 on the 91 yesterday and interworking with the 68A/68C Aston Circular.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/16752?date=2020-10-16
https://bustimes.org/services/91a-chelmsley-wood-marston-green-circular-anticl-3/vehicles?date=2020-10-16

I don't think either the 91A/91C or the 25 use mellors.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on October 17, 2020, 12:15:30 PM
Diamond have used E200 on there in the past, I've seen one at Marston Green myself.
Diamond do still use Solos on the 91A/91C. @John has a picture of 20058 on there yesterday and there is also interworking with that route and the 25 (Ward End - Erdington) and other routes, as 20058 was also on the 25 yesterday as I saw it on there at the Fox and Goose at 3PM, which does the last round trip of the day on a weekday.

The tracking also shows an E200 on the 91 yesterday and interworking with the 68A/68C Aston Circular.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/16752?date=2020-10-16
https://bustimes.org/services/91a-chelmsley-wood-marston-green-circular-anticl-3/vehicles?date=2020-10-16

I don't think either the 91A/91C or the 25 use mellors.

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up, I'm not too familiar with the allocations over that side of the city. I've looked at the Digby Drive turnaround too, and it seems big enough for an E200 for sure.

metrocity

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 17, 2020, 12:45:31 PM
Ah right, thanks for clearing that up, I'm not too familiar with the allocations over that side of the city. I've looked at the Digby Drive turnaround too, and it seems big enough for an E200 for sure.
Very tight with a LWB vehicle - depends on how cars are parked

DJ

Quote from: metrocity on October 17, 2020, 02:36:30 PM
Very tight with a LWB vehicle - depends on how cars are parked

Yeah, but Landflight have a few SWB E200MMCs, which I presume would work better.

MW

The A10 is the only LandFlight route that the short E200s are suited to anyway. They would have been better off purchasing Solos instead of the SWB E200s in my opinion. Maybe the SWB E200s worked out cheaper or it's just to standardise the fleet.

The remaining routes can handle the longer E200s easily.

Solo1

They had solos but sold them along with Streetlites

BBS

Weren`t the Streetlites sold to First?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack D

Anyone got any pics of A10 past few days or know what was on it?

Busboy105

Quote from: Jack D on October 27, 2020, 11:19:45 AM
Anyone got any pics of A10 past few days or know what was on it?
It gets the E200 MMCs. This was before the extension but I doubt that will change the allocation.

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/solihull-bus-firm-warns-services-21686268

I was just gonna ask if the bus firms had a secure supply of fuel.

Where I work, the last fuel delivery should have been Thursday, but the supplier keeps failing the delivery and now we are having to find anywhere that has fuel to refill.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on September 27, 2021, 04:55:55 PM
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/solihull-bus-firm-warns-services-21686268

I was just gonna ask if the bus firms had a secure supply of fuel.

Where I work, the last fuel delivery should have been Thursday, but the supplier keeps failing the delivery and now we are having to find anywhere that has fuel to refill.

I used to regularly see one of Silverline's Solos filling up at the BP garage on Warwick Road in Olton.

I don't know about other operators but as stated in the article, all NX depots have fuelling facilities on site.

The whole situation is just ridiculous now, and there's no reason for people to still be panic-buying fuel. There's plenty of fuel to go around, as long as motorists stick to their usual buying habits.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on September 27, 2021, 06:07:29 PM
The whole situation is just ridiculous now, and there's no reason for people to still be panic-buying fuel. There's plenty of fuel to go around, as long as motorists stick to their usual buying habits.
I was going to say surely if some more people caught the bus instead of driving and take up an empty bus seat, there'd be more fuel for people that need it it most. Make that a permanent change to as 1 bus is more environmentally friendly than 100's of cars on the road.

The headline on the front page of one of the newspapers today says "panic monday" as well, should say "no need to panic", but then again that might not sell the story for them. The petrol station on the Chester Road by the JLR is closed I think they ran out of fuel then.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 27, 2021, 06:14:46 PM
The headline on the front page of one of the newspapers today says "panic monday" as well, should say "no need to panic", but then again that might not sell the story for them. The petrol station on the Chester Road by the JLR is closed I think they ran out of fuel then.

The media have deliberately engineered this 'fuel crisis' out of nothing, and are doing little to stop people from 'panic-buying'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pat

Landflight aren't the only ones hard hit by the stupidity of some people.  Many smaller operators round here use petrol stations to fill up, as they have no on site facilities.  Buses and emergency vehicles should be prioritised, without having any limits on spending.  After all, they are probably one of the garage's best customers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk