News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Preserved Buses

Started by Dylan4579, December 14, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan585

T313 UOX , Optare Solo has now been Preserved  and will go back into Travel West Midlands Livery as 313

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Stefan585 on December 04, 2017, 08:28:39 AM
T313 UOX , Optare Solo has now been Preserved  and will go back into Travel West Midlands Livery as 313

Well at least one ex TWM example is saved for now. I've been told that T313 UOX is the 4th Optare Solo to enter preservation.

Straightlines

Mutiny on the Buses as one of the 'Solo Saviours' drops out of the running of preserving T313 UOX Who ever said preserving Buses was easy...

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Straightlines on January 30, 2018, 11:57:44 PM
Mutiny on the Buses as one of the 'Solo Saviours' drops out of the running of preserving T313 UOX Who ever said preserving Buses was easy...

I just want to say before anyone starts slating me on the forum...I dropped out because of an issue that was going on in the group and I disagreed with the actions of some of the members...It wasn't to do with any financial reasons or anything involving the bus...

Leebeelee123

Why not join the Black Country Bus Preservation Group, I've heard that they are looking for new members...

Tony

Another vehicle has left Miller Street for preservation, this time a very unusual one. Hispano bodied Mercedes O404 Coach which was in South Birmingham College livery where it had been on long term loan to them, but actually NX fleet number C099.

Tony

Today the last part of sorting out the purchase of Guy Arab 3035 was finalised, NXWM will pay for it within the next few days, and RS Recovery will low loader it to an NXWM garage sometime in March.

Although there is no V5, Because of the length of time it has been off the road one has never been issued for it, I have spoken to the DVLA today and they will reissue registration  MOF 35 for it,

Ex BC driver

I may be seeing things, but just seen a the tombola advert on tv, with what looked like to be a freshly painted 3225

dingding

Amazing news!
Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2018, 09:33:55 PM
Today the last part of sorting out the purchase of Guy Arab 3035 was finalised, NXWM will pay for it within the next few days, and RS Recovery will low loader it to an NXWM garage sometime in March.

Although there is no V5, Because of the length of time it has been off the road one has never been issued for it, I have spoken to the DVLA today and they will reissue registration  MOF 35 for it,

Westy

Wasnt there a Metrobus coming back?

filbus1

Quote from: Westy on March 01, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
Wasnt there a Metrobus coming back?
If you mean 2957, yes, it's already here.

V89MOA

Noticed on the latest "Main Site" photograph 2957 has gained standard Silver wheel rims, are these temporary or a permanent change?

Tony

Quote from: V89MOA on April 18, 2018, 08:02:04 PM
Noticed on the latest "Main Site" photograph 2957 has gained standard Silver wheel rims, are these temporary or a permanent change?

They are brand new wheels, and will be staying silver for the time being

Mike K

Quote from: V89MOA on April 18, 2018, 08:02:04 PM

I hadn't noticed that it previously had blue wheels - did it ever run in service with these? In all the old pictures of blue / gold Timesavers on Flickr, they have standard silver rims.

V89MOA

Quote from: Mike K on April 18, 2018, 08:24:24 PM
I hadn't noticed that it previously had blue wheels - did it ever run in service with these? In all the old pictures of blue / gold Timesavers on Flickr, they have standard silver rims.
It took me ages to find a photo but yes, 2938 has them here in service https://www.flickr.com/photos/67924603@N02/28427617502 , there are loads of photos of them in the Silver Timesaver livery with blue wheels but barely any in the Blue/Gold livery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk