News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Does anyone know if the order has now been placed for the 30 x new midi's due in Dec? And what type we can expect? I would have thought that an order should have been placed by now bearing in mind manufacturing lead times etc and the fact that some will need to be in service prior to the January emission rules coming in to force in B'ham City Centre.

I'm also intrigued to know where the extra buses will be coming from for the increased Pvr's following the Sandwell Review, as this all takes place well before any of the new midi's are due

John

It does seem that these will be the Wright Streetlite, but hopefully the door forward version, as they are longer than the wheel forward ones, and look a whole lot better! And are similar in size to the B6LE's they are replacing.

Unless they are going to replace the 36** Dart's at West Brom as well, as I have read somewhere that they might not be around for much longer.

Tony

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 21, 2012, 09:24:35 AM
It does seem that these will be the Wright Streetlite, but hopefully the door forward version, as they are longer than the wheel forward ones, and look a whole lot better!
What gives you that idea?

KON320P

The grape vine has it that they will be long wheelbase ADL Enviro 200s x 32 scheduled for delivery late this year

KON320P

If you are going to get sentimental about the Volvo B6LE nows the time to do it!!! Pensnett's 12 examples don't seem to have much of a future

winston

Quote from: KON320P on September 21, 2012, 11:14:05 AM
The grape vine has it that they will be long wheelbase ADL Enviro 200s x 32 scheduled for delivery late this year

Thanks KON320P,

I don't understand why NX seem to be so secretive in announcing what has been ordered for the midi order & the 100 x B7RLE's delivered earlier this year, it not like it's commercially sensitive

winston

Quote from: KON320P on September 21, 2012, 11:16:27 AM
If you are going to get sentimental about the Volvo B6LE nows the time to do it!!! Pensnett's 12 examples don't seem to have much of a future

A year or two ago with the size of the Pensnett B6LE fleet, you'd have thought that they would have been the last to loose their B6LE allocations, it's good to see some investment finally at Pensnett. Just WB that desperately need some new vehicle deliveries now.....

Discodave

West brom really need new buses but as much as wolverhampton is getting new deckers they are still having mercedes cascaded to them and even the optares (not the spectras as they will go due to new deckers) are still hanging on they need to go too

Liberator9

The Enviro 200s would be a good bus for NX. However I'm surprised they would go for them when they turned down the Enviro 300 three years ago.

Andrew1991

Have they even tried an enviro 200 on routes like they did with the streetlite ?

But then again, they do use them for the hotel hoppa

Gareth

Although its not officially a 'Dart' anymore, is the Enviro 200 still a dart in everything but name?
West Midlands have never been a fan of Darts so maybe they are still put off by them?

Andrew1991

Seems like a dart to me. Hansons & arriva both use them so I'd like to see something different from nxwm.

danny

Must admit the streetlite have somthing about them that makes them more appealing to me, but saying that i like central buses long wheelbase enviro 200, so jurys out on prefferance, but as has already been said, why buy a single decker which hasnt been trialed, NX cant of liked the 300 otherwise an order would of been placed, like with the small number of omnicity DDs, anyone know where the old 300 is now oporator wise.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on September 22, 2012, 04:48:20 PM
but as has already been said, why buy a single decker which hasnt been trialed, NX cant of liked the 300 otherwise an order would of been placed, like with the small number of omnicity DDs, anyone know where the old 300 is now oporator wise.

Hasn't been trialled?
NX have had 32 of them in use for the last 4 years, I think they know what they are capable of. Another 5 have also been added to the fleet in the last year so they also known the current spec

danny

I ment in the west midlands, forgot about the hotel hoppas
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk