News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New tram

Started by karl724223, April 02, 2014, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

New tram departed birmingham snow hill tonight @ 2200, not in service.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Have any of the new trams been out in service yet, as a colleague told me the other day he saw one.

Roy

There are now 11 new trams at Wednesbury (17 - 27).

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 15, 2014, 07:16:24 PM
Have any of the new trams been out in service yet, as a colleague told me the other day he saw one.

September looks like the likely start date

P419 EJW

A friend told me he was told that the new trams will be in service on the bank holiday in August.

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on July 22, 2014, 09:22:06 PM
A friend told me he was told that the new trams will be in service on the bank holiday in August.

I am off to Wednesbury later in the week to get photos of them all, been told I cannot put them on the website until they go into service which will probably be September

Rob H

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2014, 09:33:03 PM

I am off to Wednesbury later in the week to get photos of them all, been told I cannot put them on the website until they go into service which will probably be September

It'll be worth the wait ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

Quote from: Rob on July 23, 2014, 09:30:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2014, 09:33:03 PM

It'll be worth the wait ;)

Been to Wednesbury today and photographed the first 11 new trams. 1st September is when the first 6 are expected to enter passenger service as that is the date they will be officially signed over. 22 did a full run the length of the line today out on test though

Roy

Tram 24 was out on test today.  It arrived at Snow Hill at 1032 this morning and departed 3 minutes later.

Stevo

This was probably the one I saw stop at Jewellery Quarter on  Jul 24 about 12 noon and head on for Wolves.

Tony

Eric Shaw

Tram 24 out on test again today. I travelled on 12 which followed it from Wolverhampton to Birmingham.

broma1k

Tram 24 out last night.Seen at Handsworth as my tram pulled in.

JIM H

New tram No. 28 arrived at Wednesbury on Tuesday 29/7/2014

windy miller

Quote from: Tony on July 27, 2014, 10:01:59 PM
Wednesbury depot - looking very 'continental'
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandMetro/newdepotview.html

I'm guessing this photo was taken from the new maintenance building? ,ie overlooking the yard?.. It might be an idea to mention that the depot is no longer visible from the wednesbury platform(s) due to the new building construction adjacent to the wolves platform and the foilage alongside the line ect.   Is there ANY public view/vantage point around the depot with/without binnoculars?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk