News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Preserved Buses

Started by Dylan4579, December 14, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieDD2

Quote from: Nathan on August 30, 2019, 11:42:31 PM
Former Travel Dundee/Travel West Midlands/National Express Optare Spectra/DAF DB250LF 4002 (R2 NEG), the first low floor double decker built and introduced in Scotland has been secured for preservation by the Scotbus Preservation Group.

Great news, I always hoped this bus would be preserved, I had hoped the first low floor single decker in Scotland (Tayside Scania/East Lancs 114 L3 LOW) would have been preserved as well but it was allowed to rot and was scrapped. Where will 4002 be based?

BK63 YWP

Are there any Volvo B10s (the 13** ones) had have been preserved?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Wright liberator

No there's no B10B's 13** series preserved would be nice for one to be preserved still 1377 & 1385 in training fleet so someone should try to save one

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Wright liberator on April 13, 2020, 12:59:36 PM
No there's no B10B's 13** series preserved would be nice for one to be preserved still 1377 & 1385 in training fleet so someone should try to save one

Used to love them on the 260 especially along the A449, the trash was amazing!

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

I'm told 1509 was collected yesterday for preservation, I don't know any more than that, but it's nice to see one saved, as they're a fairly unique vehicle.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

DJ

Quote from: DJ on January 10, 2021, 10:56:30 PM
I'm told 1509 was collected yesterday for preservation, I don't know any more than that, but it's nice to see one saved, as they're a fairly unique vehicle.

There's now a photo of it on Flickr in preservation:

Travel West Midlands Alexander Ultra Boided Volvo B10L P509KOX (Preserved) by alexmcw@ymail.com, on Flickr

Nxwm

2783 what state that is in better of being in the scrap yard 🤦🏽‍♂️

CL

Not long driven past 3225 on the Hagley Road - around 11am
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

Is anything being preserved in red & white or the 1990's silver  eventually?

(Seeing it appears most versions of the various liveries seem to have an example preserved?)

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Westy on March 20, 2021, 11:15:16 AM
Is anything being preserved in red & white or the 1990's silver  eventually?

(Seeing it appears most versions of the various liveries seem to have an example preserved?)
Red and White ! - I hope not, the worst livery by far

the trainbasher

Is there anything being preserved in MH, TYB or the TWM livery that the B10s/Lynxs carried does anyone know?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 20, 2021, 02:57:28 PM
Is there anything being preserved in MH, TYB or the TWM livery that the B10s/Lynxs carried does anyone know?

Wouldn't complain if an e200 gets a Travel Merry Hill livery

X10 Gornal Wood

Bus_user_jay

A toothpaste livery would be great! Either a Gem, B7RLE or an E400! Not the red & white livery - it's so dull and basic. I'll be glad when it's gone.

DJ

Quote from: Westy on March 20, 2021, 11:15:16 AM
Is anything being preserved in red & white

Yes, but I can't say any details yet. Watch this space though!  ;)

Solo1

Quote from: DJ on March 21, 2021, 12:43:03 AM
Yes, but I can't say any details yet. Watch this space though!  ;)
would of said the bus Izzy brought 4126 in memory of her I know they have a bus named after her

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk