News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on September 21, 2020, 09:40:13 AM
The current johnsons service into Birmingham from Redditch has never been the X20. That was a completely different service, get you facts right before criticising me

To be fair to Bus Man K2, the post was about the Sundays X50 Brum - Stratford - Chipping Norton, not the Redditch service
And yes, it is usually one of the E200s. Think the E400MMCs still run the Monday - Saturday X20
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

The current johnsons service into Birmingham from Redditch has never been the X20. That was a completely different service, get you facts right before criticising me
The Redditch service is the 150, it did used to be X50, was renumbered a few years back.
X50 is Sundays only to Chipping Norton via the old X20 route into Birmingham along the Stratford Road.
Quote from: Kevin on September 21, 2020, 10:33:28 AM
And yes, it is usually one of the E200s. Think the E400MMCs still run the Monday - Saturday X20
Yes And I've seen Omnilinks and E200 used on X20 (Stratford - Solihull - Coventry) as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

I thought the 150 (previously x50) was the Redditch service and the X50 (previously x20 + 50) was the Stratford Sunday only route?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Pat

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 21, 2020, 01:22:04 PM
I thought the 150 (previously x50) was the Redditch service and the X50 (previously x20 + 50) was the Stratford Sunday only route?
Hopefully this clears things up:

150: Birmingham - Redditch - Woodrow North (Optare Tempo)
150A: Birmingham - Redditch - Worcester (Optare Tempo)
X20: Stratford - Solihull - Coventry (ADL E400MMC)
X50: Birmingham - Stratford - Chipping Norton (ADL E200)

@Bus Man K2 was referring to the old X20 which used to operate from Stratford to Birmingham.  This now runs to Solihull and Coventry.

The Redditch to Worcester section was previously known as the 350, but has now been remembered to 150A.

Quote from: Pat on September 21, 2020, 03:53:29 PM
X20: Stratford - Solihull - Coventry (ADL E400MMC)
I don't think thats correct.
I think its E400 MMC/E200/Omnilink.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: 2206 on September 21, 2020, 07:20:14 PM
I don't think thats correct.
I think its E400 MMC/E200/Omnilink.
A mix does appear, although the allocation should be E400MMCs bearing in mind they were purchased for this route to replace the Olympus'.

Quote from: Pat on September 21, 2020, 08:46:35 PM
A mix does appear, although the allocation should be E400MMCs bearing in mind they were purchased for this route to replace the Olympus'.
From what i've seen Omnilinks/E200 seem to be very common on there.
In fact looking at the allocation on bus times for today quite a number of vehicles appear to have been on there today. It looks like there's interworking with other routes these days, which could explain the varied allocation.

https://bustimes.org/services/x20-coventry-stratford-upon-avon-via-solihull/vehicles?date=2020-09-21

I don't see why it "should" be E400 MMC if the Omnilinks/E200 are suitable on there.
Allocations do change. And presumably a lot has also changed in regards to that route since those E400 MMC where new for the route 5 years ago, including the fact it no longer runs into Birmingham.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: 2206 on September 21, 2020, 08:55:33 PM
From what i've seen Omnilinks/E200 seem to be very common on there.
In fact looking at the allocation on bus times for today quite a number of vehicles appear to have been on there today. It looks like there's interworking with other routes these days, which could explain the varied allocation.

https://bustimes.org/services/x20-coventry-stratford-upon-avon-via-solihull/vehicles?date=2020-09-21

I don't see why it "should" be E400 MMC if the Omnilinks/E200 are suitable on there.
Allocations do change. And presumably a lot has also changed in regards to that route since those E400 MMC where new for the route 5 years ago, including the fact it no longer runs into Birmingham.
Many early morning and evening journeys run as X20 shorts between the depot at Liveridge Hill and Stratford/Solihull as placement journeys, which is another reason for seeing a variety of vehicles.  Stratford Town services interwork, as do some of the Solihull tenders.  The X20 is standalone during the day, AFAIK.

Johnsons do like to 'mix and match' their allocations.  I've had Scania's, E200's and Tempos on the 150 before.  Having said that, the 150 is mostly Tempo operated on a consistent basis.

Quote from: Pat on September 21, 2020, 09:21:57 PM
Many early morning and evening journeys run as X20 shorts between the depot at Liveridge Hill and Stratford/Solihull as placement journeys, which is another reason for seeing a variety of vehicles.  Stratford Town services interwork, as do some of the Solihull tenders.  The X20 is standalone during the day, AFAIK.

Johnsons do like to 'mix and match' their allocations.  I've had Scania's, E200's and Tempos on the 150 before.  Having said that, the 150 is mostly Tempo operated on a consistent basis.
I personally saw a short E200 on the X20 this morning at about 10:00 for instance. Didn't take the reg of the bus at the time, but bus times suggests it was YW68PBU on the 08:55 from Stratford to Coventry.
It suggests after its return trip back to Stratford it went onto the 1 & 2. And it seems the buses that did that 08:55 round trip last Thursday & Friday also later went onto the 1 & 2. So does look to be some  sort of interworking from that.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195842?date=2020-09-21#

Same for this vehicle that according to Bus Times did the 11:50.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195821?date=2020-09-21#
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Cheese

Quote from: 2206 on September 21, 2020, 10:28:34 PM
I personally saw a short E200 on the X20 this morning at about 10:00 for instance. Didn't take the reg of the bus at the time, but bus times suggests it was YW68PBU on the 08:55 from Stratford to Coventry.
It suggests after its return trip back to Stratford it went onto the 1 & 2. And it seems the buses that did that 08:55 round trip last Thursday & Friday also later went onto the 1 & 2. So does look to be some  sort of interworking from that.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195842?date=2020-09-21#

Same for this vehicle that according to Bus Times did the 11:50.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/195821?date=2020-09-21#

Yes, YW68PBU was on the X20, saw it in Coventry. Had a Solo on it on Saturday, no sign of the deckers on there

B61 ANDREW

I would guess that Johnsons  - as with many other firms - have only got a percentage of their buses "on the road" to keep operating costs down. So mix and match with vehicle and route interworking is done as much as possible. I would reckon that if "the bus" turns up at the right time , then if its a minibus or double decker then so be it.   As for route re-numbering , whether instigated by operator or "the council" , it does cause confusion especially for older people , I have many times seen folk not get on their bus because the route number has altered.

mikestone

Since the X20 would require four buses if standalone, which if anyone bothered to look at the timetable on Johnson's website they would see it isn't, it can hardly be all E400!
Slightly misleadingly the timetable says through fares are available, meaning between Bridge Street and the Station, but that isn't specified.

Justin Tyme

Some X20 journeys interwork at Stratford with the 1/2/3 - the timetables show this on relevant journeys.

Before the lockdown the X20 was mainly a mix of Enviro 200s and Enviro 400s, but the double decks were parked up during the Spring and early Summer (judging by bustimes.org) and a Scania or two became regulars along with the E200s.

While the E400s were originally obtained for the X20 (when it was Birmingham - Stratford), one was soon scheduled for schoolday X7/50A workings (Stratford - Banbury and return) for a time.  Two were also scheduled for Stratford Park & Ride on Saturdays for some time.  According to a recent Facebook post it looks like one is now scheduled for school journeys on 3 (Stratford - Shipston-on-Stour High School) because of demand.  That makes sense to me - I don't know if any other Johnsons service needs double decks.

Kevin

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 22, 2020, 06:55:30 PM
Some X20 journeys interwork at Stratford with the 1/2/3 - the timetables show this on relevant journeys.

Before the lockdown the X20 was mainly a mix of Enviro 200s and Enviro 400s, but the double decks were parked up during the Spring and early Summer (judging by bustimes.org) and a Scania or two became regulars along with the E200s.

While the E400s were originally obtained for the X20 (when it was Birmingham - Stratford), one was soon scheduled for schoolday X7/50A workings (Stratford - Banbury and return) for a time.  Two were also scheduled for Stratford Park & Ride on Saturdays for some time.  According to a recent Facebook post it looks like one is now scheduled for school journeys on 3 (Stratford - Shipston-on-Stour High School) because of demand.  That makes sense to me - I don't know if any other Johnsons service needs double decks.

X7 uses them again
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BBS

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 22, 2020, 06:55:30 PM

I think they had to do it due to passengers using the X20.I rarley seen any full X20 buses when used to go to birmingham.But I don't understand why they renumbered it.And Won't E200mmc cope the X50.Passengers don't even use it and Sunday only
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk