News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

Quote from: Steveminor on April 29, 2023, 08:17:15 PMSorry for what you say you have experienced I have passed this through to his ops manager who will look into this.
I hope it doesn't put you off travelling with us in the future
Thankyou , and no I'm not gonna let one person ruin my experience with diamond 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

karl724223

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 29, 2023, 08:02:06 PMHi Simon the driver of 40831 on the 16A was due out at 8:32 but didn't come around till 8:45 , The driver was very rude when I asked for a ticket was shouting at me because I was trying to pay for 2 daysavers with a £10 saying no change , I did say don't worry about the change , he was still very rude making it seem an inconvenience I wanted a ticket ,driver I'd on ticket is 13305 , this man needs some customer service training and a talking aswell
But your other 16A drivers have got good customers service
Then you would have reported him for not giving you your change leading to Simon thinking his driver is stealing money 

Solo1

I thought diamondbus did exact fare only

Quote from: Solo1 on April 30, 2023, 11:58:15 AMI thought diamondbus did exact fare only
Diamond have always given change I think.
When the claribels buses moved to diamond they had their fare boxes/cash vaults removed.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

I remember Diamond had vaults for a short period back in the Go-Ahead days, but that's 16 years ago!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

uniquicity

Any idea of the new stand allocation for the 16A in West Brom bus station... has moved since last week.

uniquicity

Think the BODS data is also wrong for the route also... it shows it as stopping at stop SE at Sandwell Hospital towards West Brom when it should be SA & SC.

Steveminor

Quote from: uniquicity on May 02, 2023, 12:30:35 PMAny idea of the new stand allocation for the 16A in West Brom bus station... has moved since last week.
Service 16A now departs from stand M in west bromwich bus station 

uniquicity

Quote from: Steveminor on May 02, 2023, 08:57:57 PMService 16A now departs from stand M in west bromwich bus station

Cheers, no signs up or anything directing you so bit of a blooper by bus station staff I guess

Trident 4194

There's a streetdeck in tividale with its roof missing 

busfan2847

Might be 40714 from South Esat that lost its roof last month?

hlliwmai

Could someone please explain why the legals on the side of 32260/61 are **slightly** different to any other Diamond West Midlands vehicles

I saw one of them today and the address reads as:

Rotala Shared Services Limited
Hallbridge Way
Tividale
Birmingham 
B69 3HW

As I said nothing much different about it other than the "Rotala Shared Services Ltd" is this a new name for the company or does this mean that those buses aren't staying in the West Midlands?

MW

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 03, 2023, 06:13:27 PMCould someone please explain why the legals on the side of 32260/61 are **slightly** different to any other Diamond West Midlands vehicles

I saw one of them today and the address reads as:

Rotala Shared Services Limited
Hallbridge Way
Tividale
Birmingham 
B69 3HW

As I said nothing much different about it other than the "Rotala Shared Services Ltd" is this a new name for the company or does this mean that those buses aren't staying in the West Midlands?

Perhaps the owner of these two vehicles is Rotala Shared Services, a separate company to Diamond Bus. 

There would have to be a sign stating that the vehicle is On Hire to Diamond Bus, if it's been operating services registered under the Diamond Bus O'licence.

Looking at Companies House and according to the most recent Financial Statement (Nov 21), Rotala Shared Services has £11million in Assets. What I'd suggest is that maybe £11million's worth of vehicles are held/owned by Rotala Shared Services and are then leased to other Rotala subsidiaries such as Diamond Bus, DBNW & Preston Bus. This is a form of protection which is one of the major benefits of having Group Infrastructure; removal of all Assets from the Operating Company should anything go wrong and that Operating Company fails.

Steveminor

Quote from: uniquicity on May 02, 2023, 09:20:10 PMCheers, no signs up or anything directing you so bit of a blooper by bus station staff I guess
There were temporary signs, local youths removed them.
I have spoken to Bus station staff and they have been replaced.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 03, 2023, 03:35:09 PMThere's a streetdeck in tividale with its roof missing
It is 40714 currently at Tividale, both that & 40761 will be rebuilt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk