News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

28 / 28A ideas

Started by bususer28, December 22, 2020, 01:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 21, 2020, 03:13:22 PM
Good to see 28 frequency going up from the new year
Strange to se NX aren't taking over the daytime section to Small Heath. Does anyone know who is and from when cause I thought evergreen had their licence stripped?

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on December 22, 2020, 01:35:43 PM
Strange to se NX aren't taking over the daytime section to Small Heath. Does anyone know who is and from when cause I thought evergreen had their licence stripped?

It is still Thandi until their appeal is heard

Steve3229vp

I find strange that the 28A only operates hourly and also finishes early on a Saturday yet the evening and Sunday NX extension is every 30 mins. I would personally re-route the 73 between Yew Tree and Heartlands to run via The Swan and Small Heath, all they would have to do is add a couple of late evening journeys and introduce an hourly Sunday service. The subsidy from the 28's extension could go towards this.
Then they could extend the evening and Sunday service to the Scott Arms.

Busboy105

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 22, 2020, 01:53:08 PM
I find strange that the 28A only operates hourly and also finishes early on a Saturday yet the evening and Sunday NX extension is every 30 mins. I would personally re-route the 73 between Yew Tree and Heartlands to run via The Swan and Small Heath, all they would have to do is add a couple of late evening journeys and introduce an hourly Sunday service. The subsidy from the 28's extension could go towards this.
Good idea, but I wouldn't send it down the Swan; I'd keep it as it's current route but just turn left at Heybarnes Road instead of Newbridge Road.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 22, 2020, 02:57:15 PM
Good idea, but I wouldn't send it down the Swan; I'd keep it as it's current route but just turn left at Heybarnes Road instead of Newbridge Road.
Disagree, it would give passengers in Sheldon, Brays Road, Cockshut Hill access to both Tesco and Asda

ellspurs

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 22, 2020, 02:57:15 PM

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 22, 2020, 04:01:53 PM
Disagree, it would give passengers in Sheldon, Brays Road, Cockshut Hill access to both Tesco and Asda

Both of these would mean that Newbridge Road loses its bus service.

Busboy105

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 22, 2020, 04:01:53 PM
Would Sheldon residents travel that far to Small Heath for an Asda when they have a Morrison's and a Tesco?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 22, 2020, 04:45:19 PM
Would Sheldon residents travel that far to Small Heath for an Asda when they have a Morrison's and a Tesco?
A bigger choice ?

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 22, 2020, 01:53:08 PM
Sounds a good idea to have it cover the less frequent service. What route in Small Heath would you have it take?

Could extend it to Fox and Goose, as well form Heartlands as then it'd give us a direct bus to Solihull as well. Not sure what journey time would be like but sounds good. Running it via Belchers Lane, Cotterills Lane and Stechford Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on December 22, 2020, 06:17:00 PM
Sounds a good idea to have it cover the less frequent service. What route in Small Heath would you have it take?

Could extend it to Fox and Goose, as well form Heartlands as then it'd give us a direct bus to Solihull as well. Not sure what journey time would be like but sounds good. Running it via Belchers Lane, Cotterills Lane and Stechford Lane.
Thinking about it again now I would look at extending the existing 73 from Heartlands to Small heath via the re-routed 28 extension. My original idea was to re-route via the Swan, Coventry Road, Heybarnes Road, Hobmoor Road, Yardley Green Road and Littile Bromwich, the problem with that is that it would leave the daytime section to Arthur Street out, but I don't know how many use that part.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 22, 2020, 07:00:29 PM
Thinking about it again now I would look at extending the existing 73 from Heartlands to Small heath via the re-routed 28 extension. My original idea was to re-route via the Swan, Coventry Road, Heybarnes Road, Hobmoor Road, Yardley Green Road and Littile Bromwich, the problem with that is that it would leave the daytime section to Arthur Street out, but I don't know how many use that part.
Think the original route makes more sense. As with the the other idea it would have to go back on itself I think.

Could the Diamond 34 or Claribel 36 serve the Arthur Street section in some way as well? As from looking at the map of the route 34 seems to operate close to section on the other side of Small Heath Bridge so could be rerouted to serve it. Or 36 could be extended from Sparkbook.

Quote from: 2206 on December 22, 2020, 06:17:00 PM

And another idea I think would be have having some 73 journeys extend from Fox & Goose and run a loop of Bromford so it could replace the 25 as
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on December 22, 2020, 07:15:31 PM
Could the Diamond 34 or Claribel 36 serve the Arthur Street section in some way as well? As from looking at the map of the route 34 seems to operate close to section on the other side of Small Heath Bridge so could be rerouted to serve it. Or 36 could be extended from Sparkbook.

The 34 goes nowhere near Small Heath.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on December 22, 2020, 08:11:48 PM
The 34 goes nowhere near Small Heath.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_GEOOBJECT_REQUEST?language=en&command=bothDirections&line=cen:18034:T:H:y11:13:5::1:7&hideBannerInfo=1&coordOutputFormat=MRCV
The map says it runs on Dearman Road which is the other side of Small Heath Bridge to the 28A, so if it could come through Small Heath and serve that section some way and then go over the bridge is what I was wandering.
Though i've never used the 34 route so don't know.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

bususer28

Quote from: 2206 on December 22, 2020, 08:14:44 PM

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_GEOOBJECT_REQUEST?language=en&command=bothDirections&line=cen:18034:T:H:y11:13:5::1:7&hideBannerInfo=1&coordOutputFormat=MRCV
The map says it runs on Dearman Road which is the other side of Small Heath Bridge to the 28A, so if it could come through Small Heath and serve that section some way and then go over the bridge is what I was wandering.
Though i've never used the 34 route so don't know.
I think there are more practical ways of serving it. Saying that I think the 34 can't be adjusted anymore because it would require 2 buses instead of 1 which is already a stretch as there is a bus every 65 mins rather than every 60 mins.

Quote from: bususer28 on December 22, 2020, 09:37:15 PM
I think there are more practical ways of serving it.  Saying that I think the 34 can't be adjusted anymore because it would require 2 buses instead of 1 which is already a stretch as there is a bus every 65 mins rather than every 60 mins.
How would you serve it, out of interest?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk