News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: Steveminor on May 17, 2014, 05:25:15 AM
I was in stoup ort the other day & saw quite a few 3 ' s ( both diamond & whistles running in pairs in both directions, then large gaps. Presumably there's a hold up somewhere along the route

Traffic lights were in use for roadworks on the Stourport Road through Foley Park at the start of this week, causing long tailbacks and significant delays. Even though the timetables space them apart now, Whittle and Diamond buses still seem to bunch up. Obvious really - if one bus picks up all the passengers and/or hits traffic the one behind will catch up quickly (and empty as well).

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 16, 2014, 09:05:03 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on May 16, 2014, 08:46:00 PM
Appears to have been some issues this week - a lot of buses parked up in Kidderminster bus station and a number of service 3s not turning up.

Oh dear... I thought the quality would have increased with these Volvo ALX300's. Lucky Diamond are upping the frequency then...!

@DiamondDart The quality has most certainly improved -- in fact Whittle seem to have adopted a policy of only using MPDs on the 2A and 15. Indeed, I recently have seen quite a few Whittle 3s very well loaded indeed at different times of day, would say at least 30+ passengers on board.

I got the impression the issues were caused by problems with driver availability - the buses were all in Kidderminster bus station but with no drivers! Indeed yesterday I saw W694 EOP with Bewdley - 2AC on the blinds which made me think they were running one service on hour to cover both routes. At least this can be done for those routes without missing any stops...

PM

@StourportSam

Diamond are still busier on the 3 though still?

Arguably that is worse and could get them in trouble. They seem to have been driver issues for a while now...

James4368

Levante 85 FJIIGJY-545 To London
Levante 87 FJIIGKA-409 To London

(Spotted these at digbeth coach station)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 18, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
@StourportSam

Arguably that is worse and could get them in trouble. They seem to have been driver issues for a while now...

I'd say its about the same at the moment. Until this week just gone Whittle were being more reliable than Diamond, with nicer buses for passengers too. Diamond seem determined at the moment to flood the 3 with MPDs which isn't helping matters. Full darts have been making appearances though. Whittle 3s in comparison have been mostly ALX300s and 163 with Enviro 200s and 170/154/164/155/156 also making appearances.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on May 18, 2014, 07:54:37 PM
@StourportSam

I'd say its about the same at the moment. Until this week just gone Whittle were being more reliable than Diamond, with nicer buses for passengers too. Diamond seem determined at the moment to flood the 3 with MPDs which isn't helping matters. Full darts have been making appearances though. Whittle 3s in comparison have been mostly ALX300s and 163 with Enviro 200s and 170/154/164/155/156 also making appearances.
I waited for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usualy while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7,  leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there
, something  does not seam right,  several whittles drivers are  ex diamond drivers

diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: bowler on May 18, 2014, 09:15:48 PM
@StourportSam

I wait for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usualy while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7, and 15 leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there
, something  does not seam right,  several whittles drivers are  ex diamond drivers

It makes me wonder how much longer Whittle's will survive because with what I've read (above) it really doesn't put them in a very good light I'm afraid now should the worst ever happen (not saying it will or even could)  that is [they collapse] then it really will be a heartbreaking day for all involved

winston

Quote from: Will on May 18, 2014, 09:26:41 PM
@StourportSam

I wait for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usualy while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7, and 15 leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there

It makes me wonder how much longer Whittle's will survive because with what I've read (above) it really doesn't put them in a very good light I'm afraid now should the worst ever happen (not saying it will or even could)  that is [they collapse] then it really will be a heartbreaking day for all involved

Whittle's can't collapse, they have a parent company i.e. EYMS Group. They could however be closed down or sold off by EYMS if losses were to increase due to driver shortages / missing journeys & reduced revenues

Cedric

@StourportSam

I wait for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usualy while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7, leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there

they are already a shadow of there former selves. you will be to young to remember  them change virtual all the fleet every year or two. they used to have a contract to supply workers transport to and from the raf 25mu sites around the hartlbury area . you could see around thirty or more coaches lined up  on the Worcester rd from where the island is now down the road while workers changed to the right coach to take them home.  and they had a subsidiary company M&M coaches of cleobury Mortimer who had a depot up the franhce rd . 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on May 18, 2014, 10:04:22 PM
@

I wait for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usually while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7, and 15 leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there

It makes me wonder how much longer Whittles will survive because with what I've read (above) it really doesn't put them in a very good light I'm afraid now should the worst ever happen (not saying it will or even could)  that is [they collapse] then it really will be a heartbreaking day for all involved

Whittles can't collapse, they have a parent company i.e. EYMS Group. They could however be closed down or sold off by EYMS if losses were to increase due to driver shortages / missing journeys & reduce revenues
which is why EYMS sold Finglands  (I think) and they are closing a depot of there own at driffield  on the 2/6/14. things might get worse with diamond starting to run  on the  1 even though a slightly different route on the outward run  and  running  more buses on the 3 and change the route between stourport and Arley kings to a circular  one. which cut out them following each other there
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on May 18, 2014, 10:11:03 PM
@StourportSam

Whittle's can't collapse, they have a parent company i.e. EYMS Group. They could however be closed down or sold off by EYMS if losses were to increase due to driver shortages / missing journeys & reduce revenues
which is why EYMS sold Finglands  (I think) and they are closing a depot of there own at driffield  on the 2/6/14.

Driffield is closing due to the sheer loss of tendered work due to local council cuts.

iamwilljh92

@StourportSam

Whittle's can't collapse, they have a parent company i.e. EYMS Group. They could however be closed down or sold off by EYMS if losses were to increase due to driver shortages / missing journeys & reduce revenues
which is why EYMS sold Finglands  (I think) and they are closing a depot of there own at driffield  on the 2/6/14.

Stastically if EYMS did decide to axe Whittle's all together who would have the work (i.e. The routes) answers on a postcard to (Diamond Bus Company Ltd) and also as I think about it they [Diamond] would also gain the fleet which knowing Simon Dunn (albeit not personally) would probably withdraw most of them! & the coaches Whittle own well they would more than likely be moved to Long Acre (aka "Flights Hallmark") I really hope it doesn't come to that but I guess if it does we are powerless as is everybody else

Solo1

why can't  Whittle & Diamond  work together rather than in compete with each other  this way hopefully more people will used the buses in
Kidderminster ie the new 1 have it every hour by both making it a 30 min service

Cedric

Quote from: Will on May 18, 2014, 10:18:37 PM
@StourportSam

I wait for the last 2a to bewdley last night  it did not show (good job for the last diamond 292 of the day) usually while waiting there for the 2a there are several other whittles buses leave like 1,3, 7, and 15 leave but only saw a 1 leave, and the 125 was leaving bus station as I got there

Stastically if EYMS did decide to axe Whittle's all together who would have the work (i.e. The routes) answers on a postcard to (Diamond Bus Company Ltd) and also as I think about it they [Diamond] would also gain the fleet which knowing Simon Dunn (albeit not personally) would probably withdraw most of them! & the coaches Whittle own well they would more than likely be moved to Long Acre (aka "Flights Hallmark") I really hope it doesn't come to that but I guess if it does we are powerless as is everybody else

some of whittles routes are ones listed on the WCC proposed subsides cuts list  for September  so we will have to wait and see what happens then. know some of diamonds are on there as well.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on May 18, 2014, 10:28:30 PM
why can't  Whittle & Diamond  work together rather than in compete with each other  this way hopefully more people will used the buses in
Kidderminster ie the new 1 have it every hour by both making it a 30 min service
one reason at this time they do not actcept  each other tickets
another they run  on same routes. exactly the same was happing in the first's days
for example whittles started to run on the 10 and had there time table  set to give a 15mins service with first 10 but first altered there time table to run about 5 mins before whittles (the timetable changed twice by both companies)  and whittles puled off after a while as the where not making enough on the route
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk