News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Is the East Yorkshire Motor Services mentioned in this thread the same one involved in the recent Channel 5 programme?

If so, I'm surprised there wasn't a passing mention of Whittle in the programme maybe in connection of transferring vehicles to the Midlands & vice versa?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Westy on September 21, 2014, 03:11:47 PM
Is the East Yorkshire Motor Services mentioned in this thread the same one involved in the recent Channel 5 programme?

If so, I'm surprised there wasn't a passing mention of Whittle in the programme maybe in connection of transferring vehicles to the Midlands & vice versa?

No mention of Whittle whatsoever in the series that was the only reason if I'm honest why I watched it as I thought they would be given a mention but nothing at all...

Cedric

Quote from: Westy on September 21, 2014, 03:11:47 PM

think it was because title . and it only feature two depots  99% of the time , idid notice whittles name in one episode where the where going through some paperwork
diamond 8\10/125/292

Kiewii

Whittles provided some coaches for the Ryder Cup in Gleneagles over the weekend - YN60 FLR & YX07 HKL were the two I could find on Flickr.

Cedric

buses with digital displays on the 2A/2C now display wyre forest link as there destination .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on October 09, 2014, 06:19:24 PM
EYMS have put  Whittles up for sale   see following  link for details
http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/11526595.Job_loss_fears_as_bus_company_put_up_for_sale/

I hate to say I told everyone so but I did! I said back in January that this would happen but I was shot down in flames but now look what's occured.....

winston

Quote from: Will on October 09, 2014, 07:16:37 PM
http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/11526595.Job_loss_fears_as_bus_company_put_up_for_sale/

I hate to say I told everyone so but I did! I said back in January that this would happen but I was shot down in flames but now look what's occured.....

Their accounts at Companies House were overdue and have only been uploaded yesterday, up to end of Dec 2013 losses had increased from the previous year.

Diamond/Rotala would be the obvious buyer, but would the Oft allow it? They may need another 'City Line Travel' scenario to provide new competition etc

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on October 09, 2014, 07:31:06 PM

Their accounts at Companies House were overdue and have only been uploaded yesterday, up to end of Dec 2013 losses had increased from the previous year.

Diamond/Rotala would be the obvious buyer, but would the Oft allow it? They may need another 'City Line Travel' scenario to provide new competition etc

Well Diamond would be the logical buyer as you said Winston lets hope so

winston

Quote from: Will on October 09, 2014, 07:35:24 PM

I can only see Rotala being interested in the bus business, can't see them wanting to get involved with NX coaches again, nor the the tours part of the coach business.

Plus Whittle's bus fleet is newer than Diamond's current KR age profile, particularly the E200's. The B10BLE/ALX300's would be interesting though on the X3 etc. It would certainly fill up Diamond's KR depot and link KR in with the Diamond WM network at both Stourbridge & Halesowen

I guess it depends on anyone else being interested that might be prepared to take the lot on including the depot & all coaching activities etc

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on October 09, 2014, 07:51:07 PM

I can only see Rotala being interested in the bus business, can't see them wanting to get involved with NX coaches again, nor the the tours part of the coach business.

Plus Whittle's bus fleet is newer than Diamond's current KR age profile, particularly the E200's. The B10BLE/ALX300's would be interesting though on the X3 etc. It would certainly fill up Diamond's KR depot and link KR in with the Diamond WM network at both Stourbridge & Halesowen

I guess it depends on anyone else being interested that might be prepared to take the lot on including the depot & all coaching activities etc

Tbh,

If they [Rotala/Diamond] do buy Whittle they'd probably transfer the coach side of the business to "Flights Hallmark" @ Long Acre in Birmingham

winston

Quote from: Will on October 09, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 09, 2014, 07:51:07 PM

Tbh,

If they [Rotala/Diamond] do buy Whittle they'd probably transfer the coach side of the business to "Flights Hallmark" @ Long Acre in Birmingham

But 'Flights Hallmark' don't get involved with holiday tours & day trips. And Rotala took NX coaches to court recently, so can't see either parties wishing to work together again anytime soon. I'm not sure how much of Whittle's coach business is private charter & contracts, I'm assuming very little.

Based on Peter Shipp's comments in the article, is doesn't sound as though EYMSare very hopeful of selling the entire business as a going concern.

Whilst it has not worked for us, it could well be that for one or more other operators perhaps based in the area, there could be some synergies which would make the operation worthwhile and we are contacting anyone we think might be interested in buying all or part of the business.

the trainbasher

I'm willing to give the following odds on who buys it

RAPT 3/7
Abellio 5/1
NX 30/1
stagecoach 45/1
Rotala 50/1
return to independent 60/1
Other Groups 75/1
First 100/1
Arriva 250/1
Sunny Travel 1000/1

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

iamwilljh92

Just totted up if Rotala did purchase then Diamond would have a total of 50 vehicles at Kiddy (providing Diamond didn't withdraw any of the 19 vehicles Whittle currently operate)

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 09, 2014, 08:38:57 PM
I'm willing to give the following odds on who buys it

RAPT 3/7
Abellio 5/1
NX 30/1
stagecoach 45/1
Rotala 50/1
return to independent 60/1
Other Groups 75/1
First 100/1
Arriva 250/1
Sunny Travel 1000/1

You'll never be a book maker with those odds on the favourite!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk