News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

we  will all be in for a suprize  in septmember   ,  from what I have heard  this afternoon.  this is from a realiable soruce.   but  I can not reval it
as things are still  being put togther
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on July 13, 2014, 06:51:16 PM
we  will all be in for a suprize  in septmember   ,  from what I have heard  this afternoon.  this is from a realiable soruce.   but  I can not reval it

Sounds more than interesting!

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on July 13, 2014, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: bowler on July 13, 2014, 06:51:16 PM

Sounds more than interesting!

Maybe Whittle's haven't given up after all?

PM

I'm also interested to wait and find out about the potential new September changes.

I can agree with what has been said further down the thread though-the Kidderminster-Stourbridge bit of the route looked very busy yesterday.

I saw an e200 come into Stourbridge full and standing. Quite why they don't put the alx300's on here that are that bit bigger/better for interurban services? I saw one on the 192 and that is much quieter.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 15, 2014, 09:59:27 AM
I saw an e200 come into Stourbridge full and standing. Quite why they don't put the alx300's on here that are that bit bigger/better for interurban services? I saw one on the 192 and that is much quieter.

The 192 is surely Whittle's busiest non-school route, I've seen crowds getting on at Halesowen

PM

Quote from: Matt on July 15, 2014, 12:12:02 PM

The 192 is surely Whittle's busiest non-school route, I've seen crowds getting on at Halesowen

I'd reckon the 125 is far busier, hence why it is a) a supported service and b) only of "medium importance" as found out by WCC's extensive surveying. The 125 is consistently pretty busy, whenever I've used the 192 it's pretty much always less than 10.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 15, 2014, 01:37:11 PM

I'd reckon the 125 is far busier, hence why it is a) a supported service and b) only of "medium importance" as found out by WCC's extensive surveying. The 125 is consistently pretty busy, whenever I've used the 192 it's pretty much always less than 10.

That's one reason why I think the 125 is less busy, because it's a supported service (implying it needs the support to run). It's always nice when I get a quiet 192 like that but unfortunately I always end up with a busy one! It's quite understandable though, with the 192 serving mostly urban areas (Halesowen, Hagley, Kidderminster, Stourport) whilst the 125 serves mostly rural areas.

PM

Quote from: Matt on July 15, 2014, 01:54:19 PM

That's one reason why I think the 125 is less busy, because it's a supported service (implying it needs the support to run). It's always nice when I get a quiet 192 like that but unfortunately I always end up with a busy one! It's quite understandable though, with the 192 serving mostly urban areas (Halesowen, Hagley, Kidderminster, Stourport) whilst the 125 serves mostly rural areas.

The 125 isn't supported-it is only PART supported and mostly run as commercial. The 192 by contrast is entirely supported by WCC. Perhaps you catch it mostly in the peaks, or at times when school students use it, the review document does mention that. Well, yes the 192 does serve Halesowen, Kidderminster and Stourport-not part of the original 192 but the 125 serves Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Bewdley and of course Bridgnorth.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 15, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

The 125 isn't supported-it is only PART supported and mostly run as commercial. The 192 by contrast is entirely supported by WCC. Perhaps you catch it mostly in the peaks, or at times when school students use it, the review document does mention that. Well, yes the 192 does serve Halesowen, Kidderminster and Stourport-not part of the original 192 but the 125 serves Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Bewdley and of course Bridgnorth.

I'm surprised the 192 is supported, but it can't be a bad thing though to know its future is secure.

Regarding schools, it's rare to see kids from Haybridge or Hagley on there due to the stupid way in which the timetable is set. In the morning they arrive from Kidder at 0722 (too early) and 0852 (too late) and from Halesowen at 0754 (too early). In the afternoon the one from Kidder to Halesowen is due in the high street at 1532 which is too early, yet it then sits around in Halesowen for 20 minutes! If it was made 10 mins later kids from both schools would be able to use it and could potentially take passengers from Evergreen's services. The same goes for towards Kidder, the first one after school isn't till 1624...

PM

Quote from: Matt on July 15, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on July 15, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

I'm surprised the 192 is supported, but it can't be a bad thing though to know its future is secure.

Regarding schools, it's rare to see kids from Haybridge or Hagley on there due to the stupid way in which the timetable is set. In the morning they arrive from Kidder at 0722 (too early) and 0852 (too late) and from Halesowen at 0754 (too early). In the afternoon the one from Kidder to Halesowen is due in the high street at 1532 which is too early, yet it then sits around in Halesowen for 20 minutes! If it was made 10 mins later kids from both schools would be able to use it and could potentially take passengers from Evergreen's services. The same goes for towards Kidder, the first one after school isn't till 1624...

Indeed-I agree re the 192.

Interesting info about how it doesn't fit in with school movements-I'm sure Whittle's management would be interested in hearing suggestions. How much they can do, I don't know as it is a supported service. Perhaps September will bring some timetable changes anyway?

StourportSam

309 has had the messy Whittle logo on the front where it was applied over the East Yorkshire one removed and a fresh Whittle logo applied in its place. Looks as though a repaint is due no time soon.

The rumour mill informs me Whittle will be operating the 292 from September. Whether this is true; we shall see.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on July 17, 2014, 07:25:16 PM
309 has had the messy Whittle logo on the front where it was applied over the East Yorkshire one removed and a fresh Whittle logo applied in its place. Looks as though a repaint is due no time soon.

The rumour mill informs me Whittle will be operating the 292 from September. Whether this is true; we shall see.

Yes I've seen that too mate it does look perculiar I must admit and them running the 292 who on earth has said that?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on July 17, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Yes I've seen that too mate it does look perculiar I must admit and them running the 292 who on earth has said that?

I really hope it's true!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Matt on July 17, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

I really hope it's true!

Well if that IS the case then Diamond can run the 125 fairs fair in my opinion

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on July 17, 2014, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 17, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

I really hope it's true!

Well if that IS the case then Diamond can run the 125 fairs fair in my opinion

Why? ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk