News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

A1 Wolverhampton - Amazon

Started by tphi12000, October 19, 2012, 09:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

The service isnt for free I think, as ive seen people get on it ajd pay the driver
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Darts arent used on many Wolves routes, Telford/Bridgenorth are Versa/SB120 mainly, the 70/560/76 are largely B10BLE or SB120/200. And the 68 can have anything on it

John

When I saw it a few weeks ago, it was on 3741

Tony

I've just seen the afternoon journey from Wolverhampton to Rugeley and it was both 4791 and 4792 and needed both!

nx4737

Have the B9 Geminis returned to Tamworth yet?  110 seems to have had quite a few Scanias on it recently...

Westy

How popular are these services?

The reason I ask is,  my second cousin works there & I believe it observes all stops between Walsall and Bloxwich(He lives by the Railway Inn in Leamore) and he is normally there early for the bus.

The other morning, Ive been told today, it never turned up.

What does he do in this circumstance, as its not as if he cant catch an alternative a few mins later?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on December 02, 2012, 11:55:51 AM

The reason I ask is,  my second cousin works there & I believe it observes all stops between Walsall and Bloxwich(He lives by the Railway Inn in Leamore) and he is normally there early for the bus.

What does he do in this circumstance, as its not as if he cant catch an alternative a few mins later?

Your family does seem very 'unlucky' with buses not turning up. You said the X51 didn't run when it clearly did because someone else on here was on it and now the A1 didn't turn up? I don't think so, the early morning run has three full double decks on it so even if one broke down the other two would have run.
I see them at Hednesford at 7am if I am walking to the station for the 7:16 train all 3 seem to have a good load on

Tony

Bob

Hi tony are the deckers being used exclusively on the A1 now as i havent seen em on the local pye greens for a couple of wks

jarh_9394

The A1 is closely monitored by Amazon, bearing in mind that around 200 users can be travelling across each of the 6 daily departures. Therefore, I can guarantee it most definitely "turned up".

Our third duplicate wasn't required today, yesterday or Friday but will be back from 05:44 tomorrow.

notepanel

A bit of a random question that perhaps nobody may know the answer to, but is the service expected to go back down to 1 bus after Christmas? I'm just curious whether there may be extra passengers in the build up to Christmas due to extra temps?

jarh_9394

After Christmas is undecided yet.

Bob

If it does i bet Cannock will lose a decker or two :-(

Westy

Quote from: jarh_9394 on December 02, 2012, 02:29:07 PM

The A1 is closely monitored by Amazon, bearing in mind that around 200 users can be travelling across each of the 6 daily departures. Therefore, I can guarantee it most definitely "turned up".

Our third duplicate wasn't required today, yesterday or Friday but will be back from 05:44 tomorrow.

Doesn't help my relative though. He was there in plenty of time, I've been told.

jarh_9394

I'll repeat my quote from above:

"The A1 is closely monitored by Amazon, bearing in mind that around 200 users can be travelling across each of the 6 daily departures. Therefore, I can guarantee it most definitely "turned up"."

If both buses (or all three dependent on the day this allegedly happened) failed to operate, I would expect to have received a vast influx of complaints together with a termination of the contract from Amazon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk