News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond 16 & 50

Started by winston, October 18, 2012, 12:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

According to VOSA today, Black Diamond routes 16 & 50 will move to Blue Diamond from 4th Dec, no doubt as a result of the reduced workload following the withdrawal from the 37 & 97 services

PM

Oh no!! Blue diamond will no doubt mess up routes that seem to do quite well.....  >:(

John

I wonder if the Centro's will transfer with the 50 to Blue Diamond, and also what will run on the 16.

Ash

I guess the vehicles that are being taken off the 37 and 97 will be used on the 16 , i hope the centro's stay with black diamond and repainted back into black diamond livery with may be some of the black diamond solo's being sent instead.

Steveminor

From what a blue diamond driver told me it, they are getting the hybrid versas for the 16

Ash

Quote from: Steveminor on October 18, 2012, 06:52:14 PM
From what a blue diamond driver told me it, they are getting the hybrid versas for the 16

That doesnt suprise me especially as diamond have lost their 56A service and due to the emission ruling coming into place the 16 will need either the cadets 51 reg or newer vehicles. I guess the 56 will go back to the royale centro's.

PM

So the 16 will probably have the hybrids, the 50 the centros and the 56 the centros-that seems to make sense. Only thing is-will they repaint the hybrids into blue diamond livery or just leave it as black diamond run by flights hallmark?? Dont they still also need to find buses suitable for the 10 when the emissions rulings come into place? And just hope Blue diamond dont make a mess of what have been long-standing Pete's travel and Birmingham Coach Company routes.....

Steveminor

Since the 10 is less than 3 buses per hour the emission rule does not effect this route & they can use whatever low floor they want

Tony

All blue diamond's solos meet the emission rules anyway, so they would have no trouble meeting the rules.

vinh1000

would be nice to see some hybirds or centros on 16 :D
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Ash

Last time i saw what diamond put on the 16 it just seemed a mix bag of buses the odd versa, red diamond darts, red and white diamond darts and solo's, is this still the case. It just seems like its in the same boat as the 404E since the mcv's have left its like 'any bus goes' on the services. 

John

Quote from: Ash on October 18, 2012, 08:10:37 PM
Last time i saw what diamond put on the 16 it just seemed a mix bag of buses the odd versa, red diamond darts, red and white diamond darts and solo's, is this still the case. It just seems like its in the same boat as the 404E since the mcv's have left its like 'any bus goes' on the services.

Yes Ash, that is a normal day on the 16

bwsau cymru

Does make sense I think to put the centros on the 56 as the 417 seems dead! Rotala really shoukd just use one big diamond brand then it gets rid of the whole situation of repainting buses. But I would imagine that they would stay black just look at the amount of red diamond buses driving around that havent seem any attention. Any think the 404 will get new buses after the review?
campaigning for better transport for all

Nathan4775

Quote from: Ash on October 18, 2012, 06:55:57 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on October 18, 2012, 06:52:14 PM

That doesnt suprise me especially as diamond have lost their 56A service and due to the emission ruling coming into place the 16 will need either the cadets 51 reg or newer vehicles. I guess the 56 will go back to the royale centro's.

Yep, The 16 has got all the Hybirds from whaty ive seen an the Centro's are back on the 56 with Darts & Solos covering the Peak Journeys, Its actully a sensible move if you ask me, although the Hybrids were intended for the 56
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Yeah the centro's have moved off the old 417 onto the 56 and as quite a few versa's were used on the 301 cadets have just replaced them on there which often appeared on the 16.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk