News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX 2013 Bus Orders

Started by Wolves256, October 11, 2012, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 02, 2013, 05:57:27 PM
It's interesting Sutton Lines getting new buses, but why??? I mean its only approx 6 years ago they had new buses. What makes this line so much more higher profile than more frequent routes like th 16s 97s 94???? Moan over.

The only thing I can think of is to coincide with North B'ham review?

PM

Why on earth would BC get enviro 200s?? What route other than the 99 needs buses this size. Personally I would transfer the 99 across to PE and give them more enviro 200s standardising the fleet a bit and giving PE another more high profile route with new buses of a type they already run

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on June 02, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
It's interesting Sutton Lines getting new buses, but why??? I mean its only approx 6 years ago they had new buses. What makes this line so much more higher profile than more frequent routes like th 16s 97s 94???? Moan over.

Don't forget the Sutton Lines serve some 'nice' parts of Sutton, where the bus has to compete against a very frequent and popular train service whilst in an area where many people have access to cars.

Quite simply, and without wanting to stereotype/generalise, a larger proportion of passengers on other 'less affluent' corridors, where there isn't a good train service, have no alternative to the bus so as long as the service runs the vehicle condition isn't as high a priority to the operator as they 'can't' lose these passengers to elsewhere.

Whilst this may be unfortunate for the passengers on those corridors, at the end of the day bus companies are businesses aiming to make profit.

Dylan4579

(Cough) Soho road ( Cough)
Quote from: notepanel on June 02, 2013, 07:51:59 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 02, 2013, 06:08:55 PM

Don't forget the Sutton Lines serve some 'nice' parts of Sutton, where the bus has to compete against a very frequent and popular train service whilst in an area where many people have access to cars.

Quite simply, and without wanting to stereotype/generalise, a larger proportion of passengers on other 'less affluent' corridors, where there isn't a good train service, have no alternative to the bus so as long as the service runs the vehicle condition isn't as high a priority to the operator as they 'can't' lose these passengers to elsewhere.

Whilst this may be unfortunate for the passengers on those corridors, at the end of the day bus companies are businesses aiming to make profit.

Trident 4609

Tony, Do you know which Garages the rest of the current order of E400's are going to.

I predicted correctly that 4880-4 were for WA. I think PB and BC will get the next order.

If you don't know tony, Which garages do you think will get them?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Peter123 on June 02, 2013, 06:31:31 PM
Why on earth would BC get enviro 200s?? What route other than the 99 needs buses this size. Personally I would transfer the 99 across to PE and give them more enviro 200s standardising the fleet a bit and giving PE another more high profile route with new buses of a type they already run

I do think that's a good idea Peter, they used to run the 636, its equivalent a few years back didn't they? And buses could always then run Halesowen services to get back closer to depot, or even a few late night 9 workings to get back from Brum, endless possiblities, and like you say standardises the type which will surely help bring BC's engineering budget down a little with less spares carried etc... so they can get on with the task of sorting out some of their Tridents

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 02, 2013, 09:46:57 PM
Tony, Do you know which Garages the rest of the current order of E400's are going to.

I predicted correctly that 4880-4 were for WA. I think PB and BC will get the next order.

If you don't know tony, Which garages do you think will get them?

I do know current plans (which of course may change), same as I knew some time ago about 4880-4, but I have been advised not to post any advance information as an employee as it could be commercially sensitive.

Trident 4609

Thats ok tony :) But What would your guess be?. As i said PB for Sutton Lines (And with th the last batch of E400 probably other routes sometimes like the 16/94/33 etc) and BC for the 900/957 (Again these will appear probably on the local routes sometimes like 97/60/45/47 etc

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 02, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
Thats ok tony :) But What would your guess be?. As i said PB for Sutton Lines (And with th the last batch of E400 probably other routes sometimes like the 16/94/33 etc) and BC for the 900/957 (Again these will appear probably on the local routes sometimes like 97/60/45/47 etc

As Tony has already confirmed he knows of NX's current plans but is unable to confirm due to the reasons quoted above, his hardly going to guess, so it maybe better to just leave it alone  ;)

Mike K

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 02, 2013, 10:04:56 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 02, 2013, 06:31:31 PM

I do think that's a good idea Peter, they used to run the 636, its equivalent a few years back didn't they? And buses could always then run Halesowen services to get back closer to depot, or even a few late night 9 workings to get back from Brum, endless possiblities, and like you say standardises the type which will surely help bring BC's engineering budget down a little with less spares carried etc... so they can get on with the task of sorting out some of their Tridents

It was WB that ran the 636 for a time, it's changed hands a few times that route.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on June 02, 2013, 10:22:54 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 02, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

As Tony has already confirmed he knows of NX's current plans but is unable to confirm due to the reasons quoted above, his hardly going to guess, so it maybe better to just leave it alone  ;)

That's exactly what I was going to say lol, no point in guessing something you already know the answer to

John

Quote from: Sayeed_M on June 02, 2013, 11:30:14 PM
Is it true that before WB it used to be operated by PB?  Because I have seen the drivers from 636 route on the Sutton Lines numerous time.

Yes. It went from Perry Barr to West Bromwich, from Optare Solos to the 36** Darts.

JB93

I think there are definitely routes other than the Sutton Lines that need an upgrade, so I don't see why they're pampered so much. For example, the 45 and 47 compete with a train route so why are they given old Tridents to use whilst PB continually receive brand new buses? North Birmingham/Walsall are awash with new buses whilst East and South Birmingham are Trident, Trident and maybe a President thrown in

Rob H

Accoding to the link below the Remaining 45 Enviro 400's on order are going to BC for Routes 900 & 957 and PB for the Sutton Lines

(Its in the Bottom Paragraph)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/8917109917/

Only Time will tell
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

Does he work in Head Office? If not how the hell does he know all this info. Although what he says makes complete sense and is exactly what i predict will happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk