News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX 2013 Bus Orders

Started by Wolves256, October 11, 2012, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 11, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
Quote from: danny on March 11, 2013, 10:22:32 PM
Hi guys, its been a quiet night so ive attempted to do the sums based on what has been said on here, any corrections welcome.

60 enviro 400
24 B7RLE
21 Hybrids (Volvo and ADL included
9 dundee hybrids? (ADL)

Total 114

Uneducated guess but pritty much got the 2013 order nailed?

As said before corrections welcome or even better if their something overlooked.

Would think it will be Double Deckers this year, although NXWM must be planning for the withdrawl of the B6s and earlier Mercs.

Mercs from the batch 1515 -1523 were supposed to be withdrawn when the B7RLEs were delivered, but that didn't happen.

Unless plans have since changed? As the Spectra aren't being withdrawn this year, I suspect it will be all single deckers that are being withdrawn to allow for an increased proportion of double deckers within the NXWM/NXC fleet. As discussed elsewhere, there are a number of single deck routes that would benefit from the increased capacity of double deckers. Dundee will also be using the new ADL hybrids to allow Gemini to cascade from the 5 & replace early B10L's.

I'm thinking all Solo & Excel will be withdrawn, a few more B6LE, a large chunk of the earlier non refurbished Mercs (from 1515-1627 range). Although the B10L's are older, as all are now in NX livery & have been refurbished internally I'm thinking a proportion of those remaining may see out 2013 still in service, however I'm not sure how they are faring reliability / mechanically wise. That said it depends of what the ex WN Tridents are heading to YW for, where the remaining 50 x ADL E400's are heading & what the balance of the 16 unconfirmed new buses are. There may or may not be an increased pvr requirement following the North B'ham review? 

BCMobile

Anyone know when NXWM will be getting new deckers, not hybrid ones though. And what garage will be getting them? No point holding my breath for the Bristol Road......

Surely they'll want to start to scrap these 41hundred tridents as some are right sheds.

NXWM Spectra

I reckon there's still 15 new buses that we still don't even know what they're going to be. It will probably be more of the Enviro200, possibly for WN, Dundee, or just more for BC, WN and PE.

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on May 30, 2013, 01:00:27 PM
I reckon there's still 15 new buses that we still don't even know what they're going to be. It will probably be more of the Enviro200, possibly for WN, Dundee, or just more for BC, WN and PE.

There is 15 new buses still unaccounted for, if the total 130 new buses for 2013 is still correct

NXD were meant to be having an Enviro 200, not sure if it was a second-hand acquisition or a demonstrator

They are also expecting 2 x second-hand LWB Optare Solo's as part of the June 30th service changes / Pvr increase

Trident 4609

Quote from: lynx1103 on June 01, 2013, 01:21:58 PM
4880-4884 have arrived at Walsall garage

Presumably for the 934/6 like i predicted. Will these be in service by 9th June

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 01, 2013, 02:07:43 PM

Now Lets see where 4895-4939 go ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 01, 2013, 02:07:43 PM

And I did as well!! I would think they would appear when needed on the 10th June. But with the speed that the Coventry ones have entered service I wouldn't be surprised to see them next week

Trident 4609

I predict 4895-34 will go to PB for the sutton lines and to BC

Gareth

According to a post on Flickr, the 900 and 957 are being upgraded to Enviro400 along with the Sutton Routes at Perry Barr.

Sayeed

So Transbus Trident2's at BC will cascade to WN then, I guess.
Век живи - век учись

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Sayeed_M on June 02, 2013, 09:28:16 AM

And then presumably and sadly wipe out the Spectras with history repeating itself as it was the 09 plate Enviro's arriving at BC that sent the Spectras packing first time

Trident 4609

Or Maybe they will be cascaded onto other BC routes which will casade some Y-TOH tridents to WN.

Although Having more BX54 Tridents (Technically not Transbus but actually Alexander Dennis Tridents. Transbus collapsed and Alexander Dennis formed and Completed the order. This is what somebody told me.) will be great and getting rid of Spectras will give us an even younger average fleet age

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 02, 2013, 10:30:11 AM

Or Maybe they will be cascaded onto other BC routes which will casade some Y-TOH tridents to WN.

Although Having more BX54 Tridents (Technically not Transbus but actually Alexander Dennis Tridents. Transbus collapsed and Alexander Dennis formed and Completed the order. This is what somebody told me.) will be great and getting rid of Spectras will give us an even younger average fleet age

The 900/957 don't actually use the 54 Tridents anyway, if BC were to receive new E400 there's no benefit in allowing the next newest buses to leave BC as they'll still be stuck with a large fleet of Y-reg Tridents, its those numbers that need to be reduced. I think any spare Tridents from BC will be cascaded to allow further single deckers to be withdrawn, as those are the ones that need disposing of first due to being none DDA complaint (i.e. Wheelchair accessible), this will include all Solo's, B6LE, last Excel, B10L & all Mercs up too 1627 regardless of whether they have been refurb'd. Therefore I think the Spectra's will remain in service at least another 12-18 months while that lot are being replaced as priority.

At NXWM:
5 x Solos
38 x B6LE
1 x Excel
39 x B10L
74 x Merc 0405N (1515-1627)

Total 174 none DDA complaint single deckers (which excludes Dundee)

Dundee has around another 52 single decker (Solo's, B10L & B10BLE) buses that are non DDA compliant

That takes the quantity that need disposing of to around 226 buses, as there are only 100 of this years new buses still enter service/allow withdrawals, these will eat in to much of 2014's NX orders as well

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I agree Winston but don't see how any cascaded Tridents will help get rid of the 38 B6LE and a lot of the Mercs as they operate routes where a Trident just won't be viable in terms of passenger usage or won't fit due to tight roads, parked cars and bridges, the only real viable routes that currently operate using Mercs and B6's that I can see accomodating Tridents would be some of PE's Stourbridge routes

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 02, 2013, 01:02:57 PM
I agree Winston but don't see how any cascaded Tridents will help get rid of the 38 B6LE and a lot of the Mercs as they operate routes where a Trident just won't be viable in terms of passenger usage or won't fit due to tight roads, parked cars and bridges, the only real viable routes that currently operate using Mercs and B6's that I can see accomodating Tridents would be some of PE's Stourbridge routes

Yes, but would PE accept Tridents?

If the Spectras are to go from WN, then perhaps the ten best should be selected and sent to PE to allow the 246 to become 100% DD operated.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk