News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Network West Midlands Bus Timetable Leaflets

Started by Westy, October 07, 2012, 11:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

By the way, Birmingham area now available in Walsall, which leaves the Dudley/Sandwell map still to come, which is the other main one I need, as my job's moving soon!
[/quote]

I know what you mean about the Dudley/Sandwell one, I had trouble getting hold of one. I managed to finally get one yesterday though, in the Public Transport leaflet display that is at the main entrance to Sandwell Council House in Oldbury.

adam 21

sandwell and dudley map now out in west brom travel shop i got one today

Westy

Quote from: adam 21 on November 24, 2012, 05:06:32 PM
sandwell and dudley map now out in west brom travel shop i got one today

I checked Walsall earlier again.

Still no map.

By the way, why are the online versions on NWM's website still the old one?

If they were behind, the online would be better than nothing.

Westy

Sandwell & Dudley map now spotted in Walsall.

Roy

The availability of updated timetable leaflets is becoming a joke.  About a dozen NXWM timetables changed on 25 November, yet none of the updated leaflets are yet available in Travel Shops. 

At Wolverhampton Bus Station, the 255/256/257 timetable has been removed in the Travel Office, with a note in its place reading "255 Minor changes".  Outside, in the Bus Station itself, the out of date leaflets are still available.  The "minor change" is that buses from Merry Hill now depart 12 minutes earlier on Sundays.  I don't think this is a minor change, especially if you pick up an out of date timetable and then miss your bus and have to wait 48 minutes for the next one to Wolverhampton.

The 287 service was changed on 23 September, with the first two journeys of the day withdrawn.  Despite this, obsolete timetables were still available in Centro shops until mid November, before the up to date copy finally hit the shelves.

Timetable leaflets were updated on time when National Express West Midlands provided them.  Since Centro took over the production of all timetable leaflets (except North Birmingham which they will take over soon), the situation has deteriorated.  Updated leaflets should be available in the travel offices a few days before the timetable changes.  If Centro or their printers can't do that, they should admit that the task is beyond them and hand back the job to the bus operating companies.   

Westy

NX were a bit late at times too.

Id say the new leaflets were better, but as only certain operators are included, only a slight improvement.

How come all operators can be included on the bus stop timetable displays, but not on the printed leaflet?

jarh_9394

Roadside publicity and leaflets are separate costs.

Discodave

As much as I moan about Arriva they were pretty good at updating timetables and stops and have a good publicity dept with dedicated people whom do it for the whole of Arriva county and also must pay Centro to include there services as there services not just the subsidised ones are in them plus they do their best to put there own leaflets in the Travel shops and are generally up to date.

Westy

Quote from: Discodave on January 02, 2013, 02:37:09 PM
As much as I moan about Arriva they were pretty good at updating timetables and stops and have a good publicity dept with dedicated people whom do it for the whole of Arriva county and also must pay Centro to include there services as there services not just the subsidised ones are in them plus they do their best to put there own leaflets in the Travel shops and are generally up to date.

Must admit its very rare you see operators own leaflets,apart from the NX ones not converted by reviews.

Bob

Even worse on services extending beyond the boundary, if you hadnt looked at the nxwm website you wouldnt know the X51 ran to Cannock 3x daily cos theres not even a timetable at Cannock bus station!! Shockin

Westy

Quote from: bob on January 14, 2013, 01:26:28 PM
Even worse on services extending beyond the boundary, if you hadnt looked at the nxwm website you wouldnt know the X51 ran to Cannock 3x daily cos theres not even a timetable at Cannock bus station!! Shockin

To be fair, the Cannock X51 only benefits the Cannock & Cheslyn Hay people.

There is no need to push the route, unless it goes back to how it was before!

mikestone

I am surprised that NWM's  production of leaflets that don't show all operators doesn't have legal implications.
;
And of course if they produced timetables for the cowboys it would be easier to spot non compliance with registrations.

Westy

I still wonder how the operators not mentioned in certain NWM timetables still manage to get passengers?

They must have very loyal ones!

Westy

No updated timetables for NX Walsall 69/70/70A & 335 & 336 in Walsall Travel Shop, I noticed.

Good job NX have put them online, isn't it?

Surely new timetables should be on the shelves at least the day before(Saturday in most cases!)?

Kevin

Wait til the North Bham review, then try to find any related timetable or map, I've struggled for a few weeks after each of the other reviews
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk