News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Discussion

Started by winston, September 20, 2012, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXDom on September 10, 2014, 09:22:34 PM
Quote from: Stu on September 10, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
If there is a 'yes' vote next week, Scotland wouldn't become an independent country until 2018 anyway, so four years away.

The deal with ADL has already been done, so I can't see anything being affected by this. NXWM dealt with Wrightbus for years, who were based in Ireland, not part of the UK.
Is that when it would happen bloody hell ages yet really!

Scottish Independence day will be 24 March 2016 according to the YES vote website!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2014, 09:18:01 PM
Quote from: Stu on September 10, 2014, 09:09:23 PM
If there is a 'yes' vote next week, Scotland wouldn't become an independent country until 2018 anyway, so four years away.

The deal with ADL has already been done, so I can't see anything being affected by this. NXWM dealt with Wrightbus for years, who were based in Ireland, not part of the UK.

Wrightbus are based in the UK, Most Ballymena residents would be upset if you said they weren't

Whoops, you are indeed right, I duly stand corrected!  :-[
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Eric Shaw

If there is a yes vote in Scotland most major decisions will be sorted out by the governments. It is the minor problems which may be difficult, for example, one which would interest this forum, the status of Dundee as NXWM's 11th garage.

leewhayward29

is there going to be any more going to Walsall
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Trident 4609

Quote from: leewhayward29 on September 11, 2014, 10:09:32 PM
is there going to be any more going to Walsall

Just 855-860 which i imagine will arrive in the next few weeks

Liverpool Street

I truly can't wait for the E200 as it stands to start getting scrapped.

As for the E200MMC, the day can't come soon enough.

Roll on 2034...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

Never noticed this, maybe it's new, but 764 has got a little bit of a union jack just to the left of the door with the words "built in Britain". Nice little touch I suppose
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Unfortunately, LS, the day has come. Let's give a welcome to the E200MMC.

https://www.facebook.com/tnwbb/photos/pb.210588765685317.-2207520000.1415115928./723099861100869/?type=1&theater

The looks don't live up to the E400 MMCs, and the front just looks wrong (wiper placement wise). The duo doesn't look like it'll match on the street of Birmingham, some parts, yes, but other, maybe not so much. Let's just wait for pictures from different angles, eh? ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liberator9

Certainly a different design to the previous incarnation - from the other angles it is not a bad looking bus - I just hope that they don't rattle or make as much noise as the current generation. Some of them are useless - I'm happy with Enviro 400s as double decks but I'd rather have had Wright Eclipses built on the Volvo B7RLE (the Volvo B8RLE now) chassis (or Citaros) as the standard single deck bus.

Found a video of one of the Reading Buses E400 MMCs - they are impressive looking buses.

Doesn't rattle a bit -

The Wright Streetdeck is an unusual, striking looking bus, but in a way I quite like it. If it's been built like the previous Wright designs, with their good build quality, then I am sure it will make a good bus. The pictures are on the Wrightbus Streetdeck thread.

- More pics I've found of the E200MMC

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/15526140650/sizes/l    (different angle)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/15525564668/sizes/l    (interior) 

Plus the attractive looking Mercedes Citaro 2
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/15686349486/sizes/l

danny

Not gonna lie im not a fan... It's like the designers pen slipped when drawing the front and know one had a rubber... Having said that, sometimes pictures don't do a bus justice, so im hoping that the major model c**k up looks better in person, this is ofcourse only my opinion, im sure if national express get any my opinion may change.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

CL

Quote from: danny on November 04, 2014, 08:52:50 PM
Not gonna lie im not a fan... It's like the designers pen slipped when drawing the front and know one had a rubber... Having said that, sometimes pictures don't do a bus justice, so im hoping that the major model c**k up looks better in person, this is ofcourse only my opinion, im sure if national express get any my opinion may change.

I agree. The asymmetric design is horrible. This only looks like the SWB (Short Wheelbase) - which already looks stubby and squashed. Can't say much of the interior, don't really like the rear window design, the camera in the middle is off-putting.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Am I the only one that likes the E200MMC design, I think it's good, it's different, I wouldn't have liked it if it was almost identical to the current Enviro 200. I do admit, the rear looks awful, reminiscent of a Plaxton Primo, I don't know why the rear destination display and black surrounds isn't at the top.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 04, 2014, 10:14:12 PM
Am I the only one that likes the E200MMC design, I think it's good, it's different, I wouldn't have liked it if it was almost identical to the current Enviro 200. I do admit, the rear looks awful, reminiscent of a Plaxton Primo, I don't know why the rear destination display and black surrounds isn't at the top.

Nah, I rather like it too, just not as blown away as I had hoped I would be. Ironically my first thought when I looked at the back was also "Plaxton Primo"

don

Looks a bit plain to me - I'll wait to see it in the flesh and other liveries first before commenting further.

In contrast that Wright Streetdecker is a head turner - not sure I fancy the idea of travelling on an MCW Orion inspired narrow upper deck window bus day in day out - the last time I had that dubious privelege was when the NOV Fleetlines were withdrawn in 1983! Great in preservation but that desig. creates a closed in chlostrophobic atmosphere - not passenger friendly. Also that glazed staircase 😳 doesn't seem advert friendly and they couldn't even fit the S of Sapphire in - oh wait - perhaps they only mocked it up for London livery.........cynical I know but Wrights double deck styling these days seems london - centric
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Niall

I like it - it's certainly an improvement on the current model, looks wise. The front end would probably look better if it was symmetrical and the back if the window wasn't split in two, but it doesn't look odd to me. The shape of the back windows on each side is something I missed on the current model (unless that makes the back seat feel a bit cramped when you're surrounded by grey plastic) and it looks like on the inside the two side facing seats behind the driver now face forwards like on the E400s.

How different would people's comments be if they hadn't seen the E400MMC first? I for one was expecting the E200MMC to have the same design on the front end.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk