News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tram 09

Started by Tony, September 20, 2012, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Photo of Tram 09 with its new digital destination display
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandMetro/tram09.html
also because of the angle of the photo it looks like it has e new treble electricity collection method as well as the pantograph!

BU07 LGO

Has this been fitted with LED lights as they have been changed since the earlier pic?

JackC

All trams have been fitted with LED lights as far as I'm aware.

vinh1000

Quote from: thetruth on October 31, 2012, 01:45:45 PM
Tram 9 also has had new destination displays internally and a different voice announcement.

The conductors had new ticket machines today.
new?
are they much better to the old ones?

Ash

I've noticed tram 10 has also had the same treatment to tram 9 not sure I like the new announcements it seemed a bit quiet on a few stops.

windy miller

With the 'extra' pantograph fitments that 'appeared' on tram 09... see tonys photo,  (Sep).....  I think my photo (3rd March) of unit 168 109 at Moor street appears to have a new rooftop lighting arrangement! :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

bwsau cymru

Tram 6 has been refurbished too
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

All the trams seem to have been re-trimmed into the new NX grey seating covers with all of them having the new internal announcements and most with the new electronic displays.

Sh4318

Is there much point refurbing them now? Aren't the Urbos trams coming next year?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

They'll be selling off the older trams when the new ones come, maybe this will improve their resale value.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on May 09, 2013, 06:41:43 PM
They'll be selling off the older trams when the new ones come, maybe this will improve their resale value.

i thought that the older trams would be working alongside the new trams to give an increased service frequency?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ash

That's what i thought some were being kept to be used alongside the new vehicles.

John

Quote from: Ash on May 09, 2013, 08:38:41 PM
That's what i thought some were being kept to be used alongside the new vehicles.

I'm sure that there are 20 of the new trams been built to replace the 15? older ones still in service.

JackC

If the old trams do stay in service running alongside the new ones then I'd imagine the old ones wouldn't be able to run the full route to New Street as it's my understanding that the old ones can't manage the near right angle corner on Stephenson Street?

Stuharris 6360

From a Centro press release after the Metro reopened after Easter and i quote

"Every platform along the route from Birmingham Snow Hill to Wolverhampton has been narrowed by approximately 100mm to accommodate a £40 million fleet of new and bigger trams.

The work means both the old and new trams will be able to operate along the route."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk