News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Are blue diamond short of buses

Started by Ash, September 19, 2012, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

It seems blue diamond are regulary loaning buses of black diamond is this becuase their short of buses but i dont see how this can be as they have recieved quite a few solo's recently and when the 37's frequency was reduced some of the darts from their were freed up unless some of the older blue diamond vehicles were in such a bad state they have had a mass withdrawal prompting a shortage of vehicles.

Stu

I saw a Red Diamond bus on the 37 today!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Black diamond royale centro on 97-and not 825.....

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on September 19, 2012, 09:05:00 PM

Does that mean 825 is back at black diamond or is on loan aswell as another. I noticed at least 4 royale centros on the 417 and at least one on the 202 today. Im suprised black diamond loan one of their best buses out to blue diamond thought it would just be an old dart.

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 19, 2012, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on September 19, 2012, 09:05:00 PM

Does that mean 825 is back at black diamond or is on loan aswell as another. I noticed at least 4 royale centros on the 417 and at least one on the 202 today. Im suprised black diamond loan one of their best buses out to blue diamond thought it would just be an old dart.

I agree. Tho i went on r530 yrp today and fantastic-no rattles at all comfy seats, excellent nick-even better than the ffcs. . Dunno if black diamond have got 825 back but this was deffo a different one as it still said black diamond and wasnt without logos

Ash

I didnt relise 825 hasnt got it's logo's, some of the darts are in very good condition for their age the best one in my view is V391SVV (30438) rattles very little and is very quick for a dart.

Westy

You see Red Diamond vehicles in Walsall sometimes.

PM

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2012, 09:34:21 PM
You see Red Diamond vehicles in Walsall sometimes.

Only with the diamond bus company tho-we're on about blue diamond

vinh1000

I noticed that the 19 used to be run by Blue Diamond for a few days and now notice the usual old fleet red / black diamond
Cant tell if Tividale operate it again or its just Blue Diamond loaning
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Ash

I thought the 19 used to be operated by red diamond for a while using vehicles from their redditch depot, i noticed a black diamond solo on the 22 service in Walsall but was on loan with paper up the window. Didnt see any black diamond solo's in West Bromwich,Walsall,Dudley or Merry Hill today and there usually 1 or 2 on the 404E but for once non and back to the usual full length darts which were quite busy so were needed so not sure if theres a few solo's on loan to blue diamond or i just was not in the right place at the right time to see them. Red diamond darts can appear on any black diamond service thats not rare but it is rare to see a black or red diamond vehicle on any blue diamond service.

MW

Black Diamond Solo in Solihull on Monday, looked very out of place.

vinh1000

Quote from: Ash on September 19, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
I thought the 19 used to be operated by red diamond for a while using vehicles from their redditch depot, i noticed a black diamond solo on the 22 service in Walsall but was on loan with paper up the window. Didnt see any black diamond solo's in West Bromwich,Walsall,Dudley or Merry Hill today and there usually 1 or 2 on the 404E but for once non and back to the usual full length darts which were quite busy so were needed so not sure if theres a few solo's on loan to blue diamond or i just was not in the right place at the right time to see them. Red diamond darts can appear on any black diamond service thats not rare but it is rare to see a black or red diamond vehicle on any blue diamond service.
It changed to blue diamond on the 3rd september but no idea why different buses operate it
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Nathan4775

I thought Blue Diamond, Red Diamond & Black Diamond were all 1 big company
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

They are all owned by Rotala but it seems to be red and black diamond are treated as one company that is different to the operations of blue diamond which is not true as their owned by the same company. An example is the website there is only a very small link to the blue diamond site from the black/red diamonds website and could easily be missed, as when somebody types in diamondbuses.com it only gives black and red diamond as the options no blue diamond. Same as swapping vehicles its not uncommon to see red diamond vehicles on black diamond services and has been known for vice versa with a black diamond centro once operating the 377 in Cheltenham. Whereas its uncommon to see a black or red diamond vehicle on a blue diamond service and personally I have never seen a blue diamond vehicle on a red or black diamond service as a loaned bus.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: NathanJC on September 21, 2012, 10:38:05 AM
I thought Blue Diamond, Red Diamond & Black Diamond were all 1 big company

Yes and no, Nathan.

Black Diamond and Red Diamond are one company - Diamond Bus Company Ltd.  Blue Diamond is a separate company - Central Connect Ltd.

However, Diamond Buses and Connect Buses are both owned by Rotala plc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk