News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fleetlists.

Started by Ash, September 16, 2012, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Does any one know if any vehicles have been recently withdrawn from diamond or which vehicles are going to be with the recent loss of contracts and the withdrawing of commerical services

Matt.N0056

A few vehicles have transferred from Tividale to Long Acre, they were out on the 37/97s and i asked a driver and he said they have transferred. 

John

This fleetlist may be of help. It covers both Blue Diamond and Red/Black Diamond as well. Withdrawn buses are at the bottom.

Ash

Ok thanks John but neale 95 you referring to the centro that seems to be appearing on the blue diamond services if not what type of vehicles (fleet numbers) have transferred to long acre.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2012, 10:26:32 PM
Ok thanks John but neale 95 you referring to the centro that seems to be appearing on the blue diamond services if not what type of vehicles (fleet numbers) have transferred to long acre.

20542, 30516 and 2 darts (one which was branded for the 226)

Ash

Im surpised blue diamond are needing extra buses off black diamond especially when their withdrawing the 37/97, i would have though it would be the other way round and sending buses from blue diamond to black diamond, glad some some of the solo's are going to blue diamond as they seem quite unreliable.

Tomjusttom

No wonder we seem to be getting everything bar what's ment to be allocated to the 226!!! What a joke sending branded buses away and replacing them with solos and also older darts. What next from diamond on the 226?? Transit Vans??

winston

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 16, 2012, 11:29:43 PM
No wonder we seem to be getting everything bar what's ment to be allocated to the 226!!! What a joke sending branded buses away and replacing them with solos and also older darts. What next from diamond on the 226?? Transit Vans??

I think it's only a matter of time before Diamond withdraw from the 226, it doesn't seem busy enough route to sustain two operators. Red Diamond MPD S758RNE was on there the other day, at least the colour matched the branded vehicles

Ash

At the moment the 404E get 3/4 solo's a day on it with norm 2/3 cadets and a versa, the solo's get rammed quite alot on the service even if they used the older darts at least the capacity is higher, surely as the 404E is one of their busier services it needs the larger vehicles with more capacity, the 417 never sees the centro's even half full im sure they would be better used on something like the 301 and move the cadets used on there permanently to the 404E until they get sold.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Winston on September 16, 2012, 11:53:09 PM
Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 16, 2012, 11:29:43 PM

I think it's only a matter of time before Diamond withdraw from the 226, it doesn't seem busy enough route to sustain two operators. Red Diamond MPD S758RNE was on there the other day, at least the colour matched the branded vehicles

Yeah i saw that whilst taking my eggs for a stroll to get the bus home from Brierley Hill. Today 513 got on there and i was the only passenger from Kingwinford to Merry Hill on the 1500 arrival at merry hill. Its like the 1715 on a Sunday off Merry Hill. Usually they put a MPD on that even though its Full and Standing and yet the 1615/1815 gets a empty full length dart

Ash

Quote from: neale95 on September 16, 2012, 10:50:25 PM
Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2012, 10:26:32 PM

20542, 30516 and 2 darts (one which was branded for the 226)

30516 back with black diamond on the 404E but still has an A4 sheet for the 97A inside when it was onloan to black diamond, solo 20761 on the 22 today must be on loan to blue diamond.

Westy

Why all the different Diamond fleetnames?

Surely its easier with just one Diamond name?

Ash

I think its just to give identities to the area's the services are supposed to operate from

Red diamond- Redditch
Black diamond - Black country
Blue diamond - Birmingham and Coventry

Although services like the 50 that dont enter the black country are still operated under the black diamond brand, but i think it might have something to do with how the services are registered and licences i havent got a clue about this area of registering services but when a change is made to the 97 service for example its under the central connect name or something similar but when for example the 59 is changing is registered under the diamond bus company, so im unsure wether the two identites blue and black diamond could merge under one name for example all operate under black diamond.

Ash

Anybody got any idea of any recent fleet changes within black/blue/red diamond also im guessing if diamond have one some of the new services for the sandwell review or may be starting new services is it likely for them to recieve any more vehicles from companies within the rotala group may be blue diamond since there coming of the 37/97 freeing full sized single darts which could be used at black diamond as the solo's at the moment on certain service dont seem to have enough capacity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk