News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Someone criticised them om their fb for amount of breakdowns and they replied 'were replacing 10% of cannocks fleet with new buses'. Wow..pity the other 60% are knackered

winston

Quote from: bob on February 07, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
Someone criticised them om their fb for amount of breakdowns and they replied 'were replacing 10% of cannocks fleet with new buses'. Wow..pity the other 60% are knackered

I'd have thought that they need to replace 15-20 (up to third of fleet) of the most unreliable existing buses with new/nearly new buses to reduce the number of breakdowns

Bob

Darts break down the most but are being kept. The alx bodied b10bs are going when the 6 new pulsars enter service. Apparently the cadets are beimg moved to telford,  that would make sense.  What really needs to go are any darts older than 52 plate. Theyvehad it and CERTAINLY arent up to interurban work cos theyre so unreliable

Tony

Got off the train today and found brand new 3794 going across the bridge on the Pye Greens, Not the best photo as it was moving in the dark, but it does show the route branding. The other Pye Green I saw was a Centro, so they are not all out yet.#
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/3794.html

Westy

Quote from: Tony on February 10, 2014, 06:35:38 PM
Got off the train today and found brand new 3794 going across the bridge on the Pye Greens, Not the best photo as it was moving in the dark, but it does show the route branding. The other Pye Green I saw was a Centro, so they are not all out yet.#

From the photo, that does look like a nice bus.

When I occasionally go to Wolverhampton, the Arriva vehicles that come in on the Telford route look pretty smart too.

Its a shame Cannock doesn't have anything similar otherwise, while the best buses Wednesfield appear to have are the Enviro 200's, the ones on the 9 normally.

At least NX have shared out the allocations up to a point.

Bob

7 new buses is good but its only a start.  Cannock needs a lot of investment.  Most of its darts really need to go as theyre the worst and are the main culprits for breaking down.  Even today they were advertising a string of breakdowns on the fb page, although not as bad as the other Friday which was the worst ive ever seen. I wonder if all tge volvos are gonna go this week?  Plenty of them were in use on the 70/68 today

arrivaaston

Roll on when the volvos go!! A driver friend of mine has said that 2315 X523GGO is to join Stafford to replace 2346 S346YOG

Bob

I dont think the volvos are gonna go for a bit yet. How can u prefer a crappy dart to one of them beasts aston? Lol

Ashley

If the Cadets do go to Telford. What would they replace?

With regards to 2315 replacing 2346 at Stafford. Get rid of that UVG shed first, you can hear it rattle a mile off

tphi12000

Quote from: Ashley on February 10, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
If the Cadets do go to Telford. What would they replce?

B6's / Dart 2374 / Scanias possibly

With regards to 2315 replacing 2346 at Stafford. Get rid of that UVG shed first, you can hear it rattle a mile off
[/quote

thought there were two UVG's at  Stafford ?
Tony

Bob

New buses straying already. ..one on the 70 coming into cannock this morning. ..

tphi12000

3795 and 3796 both branded on there first thing this morning
Tony

stuartn

Quote from: bob on February 07, 2014, 05:15:30 PM
Darts break down the most but are being kept. The alx bodied b10bs are going when the 6 new pulsars enter service. Apparently the cadets are beimg moved to telford,  that would make sense.  What really needs to go are any darts older than 52 plate. Theyvehad it and CERTAINLY arent up to interurban work cos theyre so unreliable

Are the Alx200 bodied Volvo B10B's the ones that are supposed to be going to Hinckley?

arrivaaston

3 of the b10's are to become training buses, and don't prefer darts to volvos, just hate the volvos lol, I've had darts, dafs and volvos on 76 and the DAF everytime if you ask me ;), the remamining volvos are to be allocated elsewhere.....

tphi12000

Quote from: tphi12000 on February 11, 2014, 01:33:33 PM
3795 and 3796 both branded on there first thing this morning
3792 & 3793 again both branded in service this evening these were used for launch event yesterday.
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk