News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Westy on November 29, 2020, 05:22:45 PM
Just had a look at the 2 timetable & seems to be the same timetable as current Arriva,  but looking at the route description,  it looks like my road(on the Leamore 'diversion '!) will no longer be served again, running direct along Stafford Street, Bloxwich Road & High Street, the same as everyone else!

Unless D & G are going to join the £2.50 Bloxwich to Walsall return fare arrangements somehow, then what's the point of rerouting?

(Then again neither is the X51,  but that has the backup of existing Nx facilities anyway, even if you don't agree with the reasoning)
They did mention there will be slight route changes, it'll be interesting to see what their ticket prices will be like compared to those offered by arriva currently!

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 29, 2020, 05:36:31 PM
They did mention there will be slight route changes, it'll be interesting to see what their ticket prices will be like compared to those offered by arriva currently!

Obviously the route change has been agreed by TfWm then, as it was tendered!

But, as I've mentioned many times on here before & to TfWm, why couldn't it turn right at the Leamore Kfc roundabout, instead of left, & serve Beechdale & Reedswood Sainsburys instead?

NX & Diamond have got the Bloxwich Road corridor sewn up between them, so what is the point of sending yet another bus down there?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 29, 2020, 05:42:41 PM
Obviously the route change has been agreed by TfWm then, as it was tendered!

But, as I've mentioned many times on here before & to TfWm, why couldn't it turn right at the Leamore Kfc roundabout, instead of left, & serve Beechdale & Reedswood Sainsburys instead?

NX & Diamond have got the Bloxwich Road corridor sewn up between them, so what is the point of sending yet another bus down there?

Reliability!

Sending a bus all around Beechdale would probably screw the timetable up

Bob

Taking the 2 from Cannock/Walsall through Beechdale would probably make it even less popular than it is now

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2020, 07:26:13 PM
Reliability!

Sending a bus all around Beechdale would probably screw the timetable up

You're the first person in 'authority' that's actually given me a proper answer on this & not flannel & BS!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on November 29, 2020, 07:46:22 PM
You're the first person in 'authority' that's actually given me a proper answer on this & not flannel & BS!

I'm not in authority at Arriva or D&G just have some common sense that if you extend journey times you either cost another bus or get a less reliable service.

ellspurs

Note also on the 2 timetable that it has one of the timing points as "Bridgtown, Chaserider depot", which I guess is the current Arriva depot on Delta Way (implying that at least for now they're still going to be using it?)

Justin Tyme

Quote from: ellspurs on November 29, 2020, 08:13:54 PM
Note also on the 2 timetable that it has one of the timing points as "Bridgtown, Chaserider depot", which I guess is the current Arriva depot on Delta Way (implying that at least for now they're still going to be using it?)

Likewise the 70.  The route descriptions for both routes include Delta Way.

BusMan Greg

After looking at vosa, all the cancellations have been registered for the Cannock/Stafford services

Vulcan

Not seen that on N&P list where is it posted ?

BN

Do we have any ideas on what vehicles maybe in with the deal?

Hector

Route One reports that 42 vehicles and 153 staff are part of the deal. Although a significant number of vehicles, that is about 15 less than the current allocation.

BN

Quote from: Hector on December 14, 2020, 08:09:29 PM
Route One reports that 42 vehicles and 153 staff are part of the deal. Although a significant number of vehicles, that is about 15 less than the current allocation.
Understand that but I was interested in what fleet will go?

Vulcan

Be the life expired out Darts, Dafs & slightly newer Solos that are currently there I recon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk