News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Not much more you can say.

This is a very fluid situation where things are changing on an almost daily basis with the goalposts continually moving.

The fact that since the pandemic began up until now, not one operator within the West Midlands has gone out of business a testament to the management skills that we've all built up & the ability to adapt & survive.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on June 12, 2020, 02:00:57 PM
Not much more you can say.

This is a very fluid situation where things are changing on an almost daily basis with the goalposts continually moving.

The fact that since the pandemic began up until now, not one operator within the West Midlands has gone out of business a testament to the management skills that we've all built up & the ability to adapt & survive.
The support from Transport for West Midlands & The Department of Transport has also been of note in maintaining and supporting services during the Covid-19 pandemic. I think the industry especially within The West Midlands County & Worcestershire should be very proud of what it has achieved during the last 12 weeks. I cannot thank the operators enough for keeping services running to the QEHB to allow me to undertake life saving treatment during this period.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 12, 2020, 01:06:34 PM
I am not sure what more to say.  I enjoy the debate!

We have a number of scenarios worked up in the planning team but the exact timings of what we will implement and when depends on a number of things based around funding, passenger usage, social distancing (if it went to 1m) and the number of drivers available (we still have many on furlough for health reasons).  We are monitoring these daily or weekly and judging what to do and when.
Thank you for you for clarifying the post most succinctly  it is much appreciated. @Simon@Arriva  Given Arriva's disastrous track record in The West Midlands County I wish your company success in its remaining continuing operations in The North Midlands which one would hope are benefiting from the available DfT support.

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 12, 2020, 11:56:34 AM
Entirely my own thoughts on this one but I reckon the 1 won't run again (replacement being X51 or altered 2) and I also think the 3 will be replaced by an extension of NXWM number 8. Probably a nonsense thought but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Also with regards to all the managers of companies during my campaign 2 years ago I found them all very good to chat to including both Simons, James and Ben. I certainly wouldn't want to be doing their job at the moment!

Maybe youre right

l.murphy123

In bloxwich, a number 2 passed me with a blank display but the number '2x written on a piece of paper, then another number 2 passes 10 seconds later with 'Bloxwich via Cheslyn Hay'... both going towards Cannock? Confused.com
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Pat

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 16, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
In bloxwich, a number 2 passed me with a blank display but the number '2x written on a piece of paper, then another number 2 passes 10 seconds later with 'Bloxwich via Cheslyn Hay'... both going towards Cannock? Confused.com
Likely to be a duplicate to help with social distancing.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Pat on June 16, 2020, 02:35:48 PM
Likely to be a duplicate to help with social distancing.

Good point. Didn't help neither blinds were correct which added to confusion. That being said perhaps there isnt a "Bloxwich via Leamore" set up so that was the only one to use? Talking to myself here 😂
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

FJ06 ZTE broke down in Huntington yesterday with engine cover up

bovaman

Quote from: Bob on June 18, 2020, 01:45:42 PM
FJ06 ZTE broke down in Huntington yesterday with engine cover up
06 plate wow thats a posh one!!!! lol

Bob

Quote from: bovaman on June 19, 2020, 11:36:11 PM
  06 plate wow thats a posh one!!!! lol

Cannock's premier range lol

bovaman

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2020, 11:23:14 AM
Cannock's premier range lol
an Albert Steptoe & Son company   8)  there is some right old junk operating on the 60 cycle these days,  18 year old knackers, clapped out solos and them horrendous antique bone shaking darts a regular now dear me! so the 06 plate commander is quite a luxury item, im surprised they havent been transferred out else-where by now too like everything else that was worth more than a couple of grand,

Bob

Quote from: bovaman on June 20, 2020, 10:51:34 PM
an Albert Steptoe & Son company   8)  there is some right old junk operating on the 60 cycle these days,  18 year old knackers, clapped out solos and them horrendous antique bone shaking darts a regular now dear me! so the 06 plate commander is quite a luxury item, im surprised they havent been transferred out else-where by now too like everything else that was worth more than a couple of grand,

If you get one of the two that have had a retrim and  isnt smelly and threadbare its bonus points lol

ellspurs

i read the entirety of this thread yesterday, all (currently) 309 pages of it. And Bob's message has been clear throughout the whole thread.

From what I can tell, in the 8.5 year period of the thread, only 9 newly registered buses had been allocated to Cannock, of which half of them were transferred out only a few years later. I know the reasons, but it doesn't look, or sound good at all.

Hector

All of those vehicles new to Cannock (61 and 63 reg) have now gone. The newest vehicles are currently 09 reg Solos.

Grinder

Aren't there a couple of 59 plate Pulsars a bit younger than the Solos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk