News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 25, 2020, 04:22:45 PM
Would any of those scanias happen to be ex ludlows? I would love to travel on those once again
think Derby still has 1 unless its moved

Trident 4194

Quote from: Solo1 on May 25, 2020, 09:50:19 PM
think Derby still has 1 unless its moved

358* and another were ex ludlows and are shown on the fleet list as at MK. Being 55 plates I got excited, however it appears it's the Volvo B7RLE look a likes that are moving to Cannock. Very dissapointing

SG

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 25, 2020, 10:23:48 PM
358* and another were ex ludlows and are shown on the fleet list as at MK. Being 55 plates I got excited, however it appears it's the Volvo B7RLE look a likes that are moving to Cannock. Very dissapointing

I'd have those Scanias at Tamworth over the Citaros in a heartbeat....they're beasts!

Bob

Quote from: SG on May 26, 2020, 08:52:50 PM
I'd have those Scanias at Tamworth over the Citaros in a heartbeat....they're beasts!

The Volvos were prob amongst the better of Cannocks fleet ( despite never even having a retrim in 12 yrs resulting in pretty smelly seats!) So hope the Scanias are half decent. Average fleet age must be shocking

Vulcan

Scania are different model to Tamworth ones , CK could not keep Scanias out before when they ran a small number , have to wait & see !!

Bob

Quote from: Vulcan on May 27, 2020, 07:48:27 AM
Scania are different model to Tamworth ones , CK could not keep Scanias out before when they ran a small number , have to wait & see !!

Yes and they were 3 year old Omnilinks as opposed to 13 year old buses!

Depotosw

Quote from: Bob on May 27, 2020, 08:12:44 AM
Yes and they were 3 year old Omnilinks as opposed to 13 year old buses!
3510-12 that Cannock once had are in comparison nearing around the 12 year mark now, I'm sure Oswestry would be happy to see them leave in preference of more SB200's.

Simon@Arriva

The Scanias are at Cannock for storage and nothing more.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 27, 2020, 12:44:29 PM

Will anything replace the missing Volvos??

SG

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 27, 2020, 12:44:29 PM

I'd so love to have a go in one, always been a big fan on Solars

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on May 27, 2020, 03:55:40 PM
Will anything replace the missing Volvos??

As service levels increase (not the 1st June changes but maybe the next round) I expect the Volvos will come back from Milton Keynes so no need to replace them.

Bob

Are there any plans to refurbish the fleet?

Steveminor

With all due respect bob operators throughout the country are in survival mode I dont think anyone is thinking of spending valuable money & resources on refurbs at this present time

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on May 28, 2020, 01:33:34 PM
With all due respect bob operators throughout the country are in survival mode I dont think anyone is thinking of spending valuable money & resources on refurbs at this present time

Walsall paintshop is now back in and full refurbs restarted

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on May 28, 2020, 12:44:39 PM
Are there any plans to refurbish the fleet?

Not even thought about it recently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk