News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntw456

3306 has got a orange front blind temporarily

Bob

Probably looks better? They look like a low rent cheap affair with white at the front and orange back and side a right mess

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on August 15, 2016, 10:59:49 PM
I remember the WMT network well. But the fact they ditched the lot and left it to Arriva under very little commercial pressure would suggest they weren't making any money on it, and that is my point.

More a case of a management decision at the time to concentrate on 'core high frequency ' routes and anything that went outside the county was frowned on. All private hires outside the West Midlands were stopped as were a lot of low frequency routes inside the West Midlands.

Current management seem to want to do anything anywhere as longs as it shows a profit.

Ashley 60171

Any Lowlander's out today?

ntw456

Westy

Quote from: Tony on August 16, 2016, 08:05:30 AM
More a case of a management decision at the time to concentrate on 'core high frequency ' routes and anything that went outside the county was frowned on. All private hires outside the West Midlands were stopped as were a lot of low frequency routes inside the West Midlands.

Current management seem to want to do anything anywhere as longs as it shows a profit.

Let's hope 'current management' are keeping an eye on Cannock then!

If NX management did find it expensive to run Cannock services from Walsall & Wolves, then why don't they put an offer in for Delta Way, even if they ran it as an outstation, with support from Walsall & Wolves?

Bob

Volvos have regularly been on the 1 & 2 all week including today. ..shape of things to come lol? Far superior to the Streetshites any day

Bob

Commander was broken down in the bus station earlier with the van in attendance.  Currently on the 70 on a God awful ex Oswestry cadet that's been here over a year and still has Oswestry faded route 2 branding....

Westy

Quote from: Bob on August 20, 2016, 11:54:34 AM
Volvos have regularly been on the 1 & 2 all week including today. ..shape of things to come lol? Far superior to the Streetshites any day

So why issue the September timetable as Sapphire branded then?

ntw456

3307 has been off the road for a while now not sure what's up with it

Bob

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2016, 11:59:59 AM
So why issue the September timetable as Sapphire branded then?

Dunno, maybe they're planning to do up some darts lol

Bob

Quote from: ntw456 on August 20, 2016, 12:03:55 PM
3307 has been off the road for a while now not sure what's up with it

Maybe it's slightly more of a shed than the others lol

Bob

Just a thought.  Does anyone think that the recent downgrading of vehicles ( particularly pye greens and 60/825) and upcoming cuts and reductions will be enough to put Cannock garage in a better position or will it just add to the decline and have the opposite effect?

Westy

From what I've read on here & the Facebook page over the years,  they need a miracle!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2016, 09:31:16 PM
From what I've read on here & the Facebook page over the years,  they need a miracle!

Yes but you've reached that verdict based on no factual evidence. Just people who need to stop moaning and find a new hobby. Society can dish it out all day long but nobodys git the balls to face facts.

Note to anyone, go to Cannock or Stafford or Tamworth or Telford. Then try and tell me that Arriva don't have they're small nuggets of positives.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk